Sponsored

BASE SQUATCH first time in the snow using 4A.

BadBronc

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other advantage is 4A basically is Subaru mode for my wife and daughter. No worries if the pavement is dry in between wet and snowy patches. (We have a Subaru Wilderness which seriously gives the Bronco a run for its money in snow.)
This. I have no hesitation taking our Subaru Wilderness Forester up the beach or thru the snow. Doesn't have quite the clearance, but I echo your thoughts there.
Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4A is definitely awesome in the snow especially when turning. The Bronco is a blast in the snow and reminds me of a heavy, more capable WRX STI or Lancer Evolution. It applies just the right amount of torque to each wheel to prevent spinouts. Personally, I have zero complaints with the stock tires in the snow. I have Falken Wildpeaks on my other rig, but the stock GY Territories are almost as good in the snow imo. Tire pressure makes a big difference. I keep my tire pressure from 32-34 for day to day driving in the winter. Some might go lower than that.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I live at 8600' in Colorado. We encounter lots of snow/ice covered roads. I've found Slippery Mode which engages 4A is the best for ice/snow on paved roads. I attended a snow wheeling event a couple weeks ago - the GOAT mode which worked best for off-roading in the snow was Mud/Ruts.
I'm driving to Colorado end of next month. If needed, I plan to engage slippery mode as well. I found it worked quite well on the sand (also aired down), and hope for the same in the snow if needed.

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4A works great in the snow. I have used it a few times this year already up in the Flagstaff area on the stock Goodyears without issue

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base w/o lockers and a MT. 4H in the snows in Maine is more than adequate. Sometimes I put it in slippery mode, Mostly 4H in Sport. Depending on the on the depth and the time I have for just driving for fun I turn off traction control.:)

Sponsored

Scoop

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badsquatch, '74, '76, & '78 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sport 4A or 4H may be fun in the snow but the Sport throttle response is not what you want in very slippery conditions. Safest is a muted throttle response as provided by Slippery or even Eco GOAT modes. Also I agree with the previous comments on lockers. They should be used only if you are already stuck and are trying to get unstuck.

OP
OP
EL in NH

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
damn. I completely forgot about the goat modes...:rolleyes:

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve never needed anything but 2H in snow but wet snow is very slick.
Definitely agree. I’ve been so impressed with the traction control and 2H in slick snow, slush, ice. I actually had to turn traction control off to have some fun a few days ago…haha.

Not at all like the fishtailing that would happen in my ‘97 Wrangler or ‘02 Ranger. Those things would practically kick the back end out at idle… 😂

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those of us without 4A (big bend no sasq) what do you recommend for the best setting in snow? 2H with the snow/rain setting turned on?

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
These things are so fun in the snow. Base Sas 2.7...
Sponsored