Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The best part about this is the drastically different driving style necessary to maximize the potential of AWD over RWD when driving anything over six tenths.

I digress though, it's not as if even 2% of drivers on the road could actively identify the different braking and throttle methodologies necessary for AWD/RWD driving.

There are 2 pedals for a reason, because you have 2 feet. Good enough for the DMV, good enough for 98% of drivers on planet Earth.
How bold of you to assume I have two feet
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The best part about this is the drastically different driving style necessary to maximize the potential of AWD over RWD when driving anything over six tenths.

I digress though, it's not as if even 2% of drivers on the road could actively identify the different braking and throttle methodologies necessary for AWD/RWD driving.

There are 2 pedals for a reason, because you have 2 feet. Good enough for the DMV, good enough for 98% of drivers on planet Earth.
As someone who has spun their share of Crown Victorias…. I for one welcome the proliferation of AWD across the Ford lineup.

Last edited:

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In the few new Fords that I've driven with 4A, I avoid running it. I hate the way I can feel it slam the transfer case into gear when it starts to slip. If I know it's slick out I just throw it in 4H and run that way.
The 4A on the Bronco is Borg Warners new electro magnetic clutch setup. The last gen F-150 (and maybe the current one, I'm not sure if they have upgraded it except on the Raptor) used an electric motor and gearing to force a fork against the clutch plates. This makes for an abrupt engagement with no modulation. The Bronco uses an electro magnet to force the clutch plates together. The engagement is much smoother and can also be modulated depending on the amount and location of slip.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4A on the Bronco is Borg Warners new electro magnetic clutch setup. The last gen F-150 (and maybe the current one, I'm not sure if they have upgraded it except on the Raptor) used an electric motor and gearing to force a fork against the clutch plates. This makes for an abrupt engagement with no modulation. The Bronco uses an electro magnet to force the clutch plates together. The engagement is much smoother and can also be modulated depending on the amount and location of slip.
This is new info to me and I love it. Thanks for sharing!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I leave 4A on, just all the time for no reason... Absolutely not.

But would I flip it on the moment it rains or anything in the current driving conditions could cause slippage... Absolutely yes.

Sponsored

jjcous

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Strange responses. 4A sport mode on my F150 is pretty damn awesome. It's night and day better than normal mode.