Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did an experiment and it worked.
I have a manual.
I park right in front of my office window. I pull into my space, turn off the headlights, pull the emergency brake and then turn off the truck. The lights do not come on after an hour. When I don't pull the brake, they come on after one hour of parking.
Try it,

P.S. If the lights come on, they go off after 10 min. It's a battery saver feature. The lights will never drain your battery.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 2022 base just starting doing this. To my knowledge it did not happen until my dealer installed an external key pad. I park with my Bronco facing my living room so I surely would have noticed it before now. It has happened a few times since the key pad was installed last week. When I go to shut off the lights the indicator doesn't light up until I turn it a few clicks. Worrying about whether or not the truck will start in the morning is not fun. 4500 miles, built mid March, delivered mid June.
Hi there, David! I can look into your Bronco's headlight concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did an experiment and it worked.
I have a manual.
I park right in front of my office window. I pull into my space, turn off the headlights, pull the emergency brake and then turn off the truck. The lights do not come on after an hour. When I don't pull the brake, they come on after one hour of parking.
Try it,

P.S. If the lights come on, they go off after 10 min. It's a battery saver feature. The lights will never drain your battery.
I have a manual and always set my parking brake, but the lights still occasionally come on.

A post on a similar thread said that Ford would have a re-vamped light switch available in October.

bbrhm

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
From the thread on recalls, tsb, etc:

SSM 50842 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. Switch and/or module replacement will not resolve this condition. Headlamp operation is not affected while the vehicle is ON. A new headlamp switch is currently under development to correct this condition. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment in October 2022, when parts are expected to become available. Follow up with the customer to confirm the appointment once OASIS is updated with the repair information.
@Ford Motor Company can you confirm this is a recall issue? I am having the same problem intermittently, how can I be added to the recall?

Stlrfan152

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75C5 16Prius 2dr base sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a manual and always set my parking brake, but the lights still occasionally come on.

A post on a similar thread said that Ford would have a re-vamped light switch available in October.
I was also told October by the dealer. Mine turn on fairly frequently mine goes into power saving mode a lot and the start stop never works because the battery is low.

Sponsored

dingnan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have this happen on my 2022 Base. Seen lights stay on with locking car, I've seen it when turning lights off manually and not locking, but have not experienced it when I manually turn lights off as I exit and lock the car. Quite annoying, looking forward to October.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Ford Motor Company I am having this same problem on my 2022 base bronco with 3362 miles. Please help me resolve.
Good morning! Please send us a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info. I would like to see how I can assist with your headlight concern.

Madduck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine is doing it too. My neighbor knocked on my door this evening to tell me "your Jeep's lights are on". Since she meant well, It was all I could do to not correct her.

TundraG8

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was sitting in my garage, 22 black diamond clicked twice and the headlights turned themselves on. Both key fobs were sitting in the house. This is the first time it happened in 4 months.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Lets take something that's simple reliable and mechanical and computerize it" ... "Yep, what could possibly go wrong?"

TundraG8

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone have this drain the battery low enough that it doesn’t start, or does it just go into low power mode so you can still start the vehicle?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone have this drain the battery low enough that it doesn’t start, or does it just go into low power mode so you can still start the vehicle?
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this headlights concern. Thanks!

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine always goes into low power mode.

EDITED - To clarify, meaning when my lights come on by themselves. There are times when I randomly get the low power mode message upon startup when I have no idea why and it's not from my lights coming on. I've seen it happen within 20-30 minutes after shutting the engine off and killing the accessories by opening and closing my door while waiting in car rider line to pick up my kid.

Last edited:

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
So i've been monitoring my headlight problem since I took delivery back in March. It happened pretty frequently, then not so much over the summer here in Ohio. Now that it's starting to get cool again, it's happening more often.. over the weekend, i caught the switch in 'ghost mode' 3 times with my headlights on. ghost mode = when the switch doesn't have a setting luminated and i have to toggle it back to auto lamps for the headlights to turn off.

Anyone else notice a correlation between cooler weather and more frequent switch failure?

I'm still hesitant to take it into my dealer until a new switch is available. I did start carrying a set of jumper cables though...haven't had to use them yet.
Sponsored