First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have single fog light options for the modular bumper?
This is the route I'm taking with a smaller fog lamp. I do not like the idea of simply shoving lights that are too big for the bumper opening behind the bumper opening.

I also want the lamps to be attached to the modulars removable ends with quick connect wiring. Thus the whole assembly is removed when clearance is needed.

Looks like the hardest part will be finding the right lamp for my needs, but already have a few options in mind.
Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the route I'm taking with a smaller fog lamp. I do not like the idea of simply shoving lights that are too big for the bumper opening behind the bumper opening.

I also want the lamps to be attached to the modulars removable ends with quick connect wiring. Thus the whole assembly is removed when clearance is needed.

Looks like the hardest part will be finding the right lamp for my needs, but already have a few options in mind.
I agree that 3 lights looks too stuffed. I ordered a KR bracket and only 2 diode dynamics SSC2 lights to put in the bumper. IMHO it will look much less crowded and provide the light that I am looking for. I'll post pics when I get them installed.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go with the Baja Designs Kit. We just got them in stock at our own warehouse and we let you customize which lights go in the kit. Not only that, we include our custom designed all-in-one harness for you which makes installation really easy. Extremely popular right now:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-fog-pocket-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco-modular-bumper/

PM me for pricing. Here's a few kits we were shipping out today
I love that you can customize the lights you want on that page, but it does make it very difficult to visualize what I'm configuring as all of the light names blend together for a layperson like me. I'm sure it's an unrealistic investment to dynamically alter the image based on what the user configures, but maybe you can at least have representative photos that show what the lights look like and maybe their beam.
Additionally, there doesn't seem to be any indication of which light is mounted in which slot (other than 2nd choice of course :) ).
My alternative is to research each individual light independently, and that can be a bit overwhelming. I've been to the site a few times and started to configure, but then got distracted by other shiny objects. Make it easier for me to pull the trigger.
Coming from a 25 year career in Ecommerce and Digital Marketing.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love that you can customize the lights you want on that page, but it does make it very difficult to visualize what I'm configuring as all of the light names blend together for a layperson like me. I'm sure it's an unrealistic investment to dynamically alter the image based on what the user configures, but maybe you can at least have representative photos that show what the lights look like and maybe their beam.
Additionally, there doesn't seem to be any indication of which light is mounted in which slot (other than 2nd choice of course :) ).
My alternative is to research each individual light independently, and that can be a bit overwhelming. I've been to the site a few times and started to configure, but then got distracted by other shiny objects. Make it easier for me to pull the trigger.
Coming from a 25 year career in Ecommerce and Digital Marketing.
You shouldn't be buying the lights based on "looks". You should be selecting your lights based on the purpose. If you look at our site, we list in the product description what the differences are AND we list some recommendations to help make it a bit easier.

You get to pick which light goes where, and it doesn't matter honestly where they go, as long as you are happy with the look/fitment it's entirely up to you where they sit.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You shouldn't be buying the lights based on "looks". You should be selecting your lights based on the purpose. If you look at our site, we list in the product description what the differences are AND we list some recommendations to help make it a bit easier.

You get to pick which light goes where, and it doesn't matter honestly where they go, as long as you are happy with the look/fitment it's entirely up to you where they sit.
I, and likely most consumers, want performance and looks to go hand in hand. Take the Bronco itself for example. It's built for performance in a variety of settings, however, I expect that there's a tremendous amount of sales volume that will never see the dirt. Particularly once it becomes more of a mass market vehicle in 2023 and beyond, people will buy it for looks over performance.

I think you guys did a great job with the recommendations on the site as that guidance is very helpful. I'm just a marketer throwing out unsolicited advice on a lightweight tactic that can help you move more product. No worries.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I, and likely most consumers, want performance and looks to go hand in hand. Take the Bronco itself for example. It's built for performance in a variety of settings, however, I expect that there's a tremendous amount of sales volume that will never see the dirt. Particularly once it becomes more of a mass market vehicle in 2023 and beyond, people will buy it for looks over performance.

I think you guys did a great job with the recommendations on the site as that guidance is very helpful. I'm just a marketer throwing out unsolicited advice on a lightweight tactic that can help you move more product. No worries.
Well we can take photos, but every photo will look the same. From 5' away a Fog lens looks just like a spot lens which looks just like a wide lens which just looks like a combo lens.

So from 5' + away you can't see any difference in how they look.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Friendly advice: I wouldn't tell potential customers what they do or don't want. It might be financially beneficial to listen to what THEY want.

First: If two products work equally well doing the same job, consumers will generally buy the better looking & fitting option (even if for more money).

Second: The guy was simply stating that not much info on these kits is easily available, if available at all. He mentioned beam patterns for one example. I too am very curious how the beam patterns are affected given that the lights are shining through the bumper, from behind. IF it "works", that's great, but most consumers want to see what they are buying.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Friendly advice: I wouldn't tell potential customers what they do or don't want. It might be financially beneficial to listen to what THEY want.

First: If two products work equally well doing the same job, consumers will generally buy the better looking & fitting option (even if for more money).

Second: The guy was simply stating that not much info on these kits is easily available, if available at all. He mentioned beam patterns for one example. I too am very curious how the beam patterns are affected given that the lights are shining through the bumper, from behind. IF it "works", that's great, but most consumers want to see what they are buying.

Our product pages explain, in detail, the various patterns and how/what they are used for.

As I said, from 5'+ away the lights look identical regardless of beam pattern. You can't see the beam pattern unless you are close enough (and low enough) to the truck that you can actually see the actual lens style. Otherwise from 5'+ the lights look the same no matter if it's a spot, wide, combo, etc.. pattern. Where the pattern matters is when the lights are on and how they work down range.

The correct way to buy a fog kit is to pick the patterns you need/want, which is why we explain on our product page how these patterns work. Beause again, from 5' away the fog kits all look identical no matter what pattern you have (granted there are differences in manufactures and what not but that's the only time things might look different, is with the look of the bezels).

A Baja Designs Squadron Pro looks identical to a Squadron Sport. You can't tell the difference unless it's on. A Wide Cornering pattern from Baja looks the same as a Spot from 5'+ feet away. You can't tell the difference between the two unless they are on.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting on diode dynamics...

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Waiting on diode dynamics...
For what exactly???

It's the same with Diode. From 5'+ away from the truck you can't tell the difference between lenses. It's when the lenses are on and you see the patterns (or if you are up close to the truck and you can see the patterns).

Here is an example. We run Diode Dynamics lights on our truck (with our KR Off-Road brackets). Looking at this photo, can you tell me the beam pattern of the lights? This is why we argue that you don't buy lights based on how they look, but how they perform (meaning the actual pattern output). Because you just can't tell the difference between a Combo lens and a Fog lens unless you are right on top of the light (or the lights are turned on).

Ford Bronco Fog lamps for Modular Bumper? Diode Dynamics 3

Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call me crazy, but those look like 3 very different lamps to me. I think I'd rather have an amber in the inboard location for aesthetics, as long as it doesn't impact performance, but your page doesn't tell me if that's position 1 or position 3.

I'd love to see a diagram of the beam pattern for those 3 lights separately or together so I can better understand what I'd be buying and how that might map to the up fitter switches. That's a lot of money to drop with no understanding of how it's going to perform once installed as a group.
You have a good start with the recommendations, and even on the individual product pages. I just thought it would be easy to add additional photos or even link the recommended light packages to the product pages so I can easier research.

I'm just offering advice from a career digital marketer that's been focused on buyer psychology, conversion rates, and a pending patent for - "Psychographic Based Targeting and Remarketing". I understand what impedes buyer conversions.

Sorry to beat a dead horse - it just seems that you're defensive in your position that you're right, and the potential buyer is wrong. I'll let it go and I hope you have a great day.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Call me crazy, but those look like 3 very different lamps to me. I think I'd rather have an amber in the inboard location for aesthetics, as long as it doesn't impact performance, but your page doesn't tell me if that's position 1 or position 3.

I'd love to see a diagram of the beam pattern for those 3 lights separately or together so I can better understand what I'd be buying and how that might map to the up fitter switches. That's a lot of money to drop with no understanding of how it's going to perform once installed as a group.
You have a good start with the recommendations, and even on the individual product pages. I just thought it would be easy to add additional photos or even link the recommended light packages to the product pages so I can easier research.

I'm just offering advice from a career digital marketer that's been focused on buyer psychology, conversion rates, and a pending patent for - "Psychographic Based Targeting and Remarketing". I understand what impedes buyer conversions.

Sorry to beat a dead horse - it just seems that you're defensive in your position that you're right, and the potential buyer is wrong. I'll let it go and I hope you have a great day.
Additional photos won't help you though. As the photos you want are of the product itself. And buying a product based on how it "looks" isn't honestly how you should be buying lights. You should be buying them based on the pattern they put out. And when I say "looks" i refer to the colors/lens patterns.

It's about what you want out of your kit, which is why we explain in detail about the various patterns. WHAT is your intended use for the lights, that's our primary question we ask folks who contact us direct. And then we help design a system around YOUR driving needs.

Do you need something purely for off-road. Do you want something purely for legal street use. Or do you want a mixture of street use/off-road use.

When you walk into a fine suit designer, he doesn't give you something off the rack does he? No he sits and designs the PERFECT suit for YOU to fit YOU. That's what we do. We don't just sell you a box of something and say "this is all you need" nope... we help you determine what you actually need on your truck.

You keep mentioning over and over that you are a digital marketer... I'm not quite sure what that has to do with the perfect lighting setup for your truck.

If you want to PM me we can discuss exactly what setup will work best for your truck. Because you can go with spots that throw light down range, or a fog pattern which is good for up close/wide use. Or a combo pattern which is a bit of everything. We've got lights that work for street use and off-road as I said. You really get to pick what you want.

If you don't have an interest in buying a lighting setup to work perfect for what you plan to use your truck with, then we just grab a pre-configured kit

Baja Designs: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/vehicle-kits/2021-ford-bronco/

Diode Dynamics: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/diode-dynamics/vehicle-kits/ford-bronco/

But if you REALLY want the most for your money, contact us direct and we'll help you pick the right light for your truck, because everybody has a different requirement.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For what exactly???

It's the same with Diode. From 5'+ away from the truck you can't tell the difference between lenses. It's when the lenses are on and you see the patterns (or if you are up close to the truck and you can see the patterns).

Here is an example. We run Diode Dynamics lights on our truck (with our KR Off-Road brackets). Looking at this photo, can you tell me the beam pattern of the lights? This is why we argue that you don't buy lights based on how they look, but how they perform (meaning the actual pattern output). Because you just can't tell the difference between a Combo lens and a Fog lens unless you are right on top of the light (or the lights are turned on).

Ford Bronco Fog lamps for Modular Bumper? Diode Dynamics 3
Oh, yeah, I don't care how they look, actually. I just like their S3 I think they are for max light output. I've never had decent fog lights in my life....so hoping they might actually be good! (And got the license plate frame, thanks!)

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We will be releasing our modular bumper fog light kit in late fall at this current time. There will be several custom configurations including beam patterns, color output, and power levels.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Can you still take the end caps off with those lights?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model