Sponsored

What’s your pick for Modular bumper fog lights?

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You get what you pay for... quality of lights and output/lumens/functionality/warranty are linear to cost. I filtered my list down to Baja Design, Diode Dynamics, or Heretic.
There are less expensive options from China, or vendors such as Auxbeam or Rigid. Take your time and choose wisely. I had two years and changed my mind several times. Good luck!

OP
OP
HPR23Wildling

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You get what you pay for... quality of lights and output/lumens/functionality/warranty are linear to cost. I filtered my list down to Baja Design, Diode Dynamics, or Heretic.
There are less expensive options from China, or vendors such as Auxbeam or Rigid. Take your time and choose wisely. I had two years and changed my mind several times. Good luck!
I didn’t see where any of those had the amber drl option. I researched a couple hours yesterday before I posted… but I could have missed it. Those all are clearly very top notch options, but double what I would like to spend.

All in all, I like the looks of the mabett, but there seems to be very little serious light compared to the others.

I like how clean the Oracle ones look, but I have seen a couple complaints about fogging up.

Rough country hits the price point Vs look spot pretty well for my eye, but they are a little less oem look.

The M&R are super clean looking, but I’m not sure the bump in price is worth it considering they are not street legal and most of my fog light use will be night driving in the country, but not off road at night.

Anyway, just looking for something to help sway my decision… ease of install, reliability, other options I missed… etc

I would rather spend 300-500 on the fogs and another 500 on flush mounted tail lights lights later when I get bored and want a change in look. Everything is trade offs.

I love the drls on the raptor. Hoping to get close to that look. Bummer is I don’t see where I can get the round headlight portion to light up amber with the drls….

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn’t see where any of those had the amber drl option. I researched a couple hours yesterday before I posted… but I could have missed it. Those all are clearly very top notch options, but double what I would like to spend.

All in all, I like the looks of the mabett, but there seems to be very little serious light compared to the others.

I like how clean the Oracle ones look, but I have seen a couple complaints about fogging up.

Rough country hits the price point Vs look spot pretty well for my eye, but they are a little less oem look.

The M&R are super clean looking, but I’m not sure the bump in price is worth it considering they are not street legal and most of my fog light use will be night driving in the country, but not off road at night.

Anyway, just looking for something to help sway my decision… ease of install, reliability, other options I missed… etc

I would rather spend 300-500 on the fogs and another 500 on flush mounted tail lights lights later when I get bored and want a change in look. Everything is trade offs.

I love the drls on the raptor. Hoping to get close to that look. Bummer is I don’t see where I can get the round headlight portion to light up amber with the drls….

All of Diode Dynamic lights have the amber DRL backlit option.

I have a set of yellow fogs with amber DRL and a set of White spot with amber DRL in my bumper.

both DD brand. Got one set and the harness from @4x4TruckLEDs.com

If you only care about LOOKS you can get whatever but for output, you need to pay for something like DD or Baja.

And the great thing about something like DD is that you can also choose a different LENS type. In my bumper I have FOG and then SPOT.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heres some pics of my DD lights. (Yes, this is a capable Steele bumper, not the mod, but same idea.)

Bronco LIghts 1.jpg

Bronco lights 3.jpg

Bronco. Lights 2.jpg

OP
OP
HPR23Wildling

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
HPR23Wildling

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All of Diode Dynamic lights have the amber DRL backlit option.

I have a set of yellow fogs with amber DRL and a set of White spot with amber DRL in my bumper.

both DD brand. Got one set and the harness from @4x4TruckLEDs.com

If you only care about LOOKS you can get whatever but for output, you need to pay for something like DD or Baja.

And the great thing about something like DD is that you can also choose a different LENS type. In my bumper I have FOG and then SPOT.
you people are never satisfied until everyone on this forum is broke. LOL.

sigh - I will go look at DD now

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you people are never satisfied until everyone on this forum is broke. LOL.

sigh - I will go look at DD now
Yea my wallet cried

but man, that light output is amazing

i went with the Pro output level and it’s amazing
But on my cowls I have a set of SS3s at the sport output level and it’s more than adequate

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agree wholeheartedly with this - you get what you pay for here. This is an area you don't want to skimp on. I went with the Baja Design kit and it is probably my favorite modification in terms of use/functionality.

Baja Design.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You honestly get what you pay for. Do you want the "appearance" of fog lights or do you actually want fogs you can legally use on the road that won't blind other drivers?

Check out our kits here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

We have a kit at $719 (the Diode Dynamics Triple Fog Light Kit). With the 10% off BRONCO6G code that drops it to $647.10 which is very reasonable. Especially for a triple fog kit WITH lights you can legally use on the road.

We also have our Dual fog kits from Diode at only $529 which is in your budget. And there's also our 6" Diode Dynamics light bar kit that is $399.

So we definitely have some options that give you some really awesome quality products.

Zstngz

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302, Datsun Z, Merc E350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought the Mabett Raptor style. Little bit underwhelming but I like them. Not the brightest and they tend to blink rapidly at times.
Sponsored