First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '66 Mustang, '73 K10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I know this has been discussed a bit previously, but I am curious about the mirror spotlight buttons next to the headlight and fog light switches. I have a 23 Badlands mid package with the modular bumper. So no fog lights, and no lights under the mirrors. I want to get a new switch with front/rear fog light buttons to be able to wire up to the existing harness. However, there are two headlight switch assemblies that would presumably work:
M2DZ-11654-BC (no mirror buttons)
Ford Bronco Fog Light Switch 1701120235566

M2DZ-11654-CC (with mirror buttons)
Ford Bronco Fog Light Switch 1701120262890

If I were to get the the headlight switch with the mirror buttons, is there wiring in place already, similar to the fog lights? And is there something to activate in FORScan?

Then you could theoretically power ditch lights with the buttons?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I know this has been discussed a bit previously, but I am curious about the mirror spotlight buttons next to the headlight and fog light switches. I have a 23 Badlands mid package with the modular bumper. So no fog lights, and no lights under the mirrors. I want to get a new switch with front/rear fog light buttons to be able to wire up to the existing harness. However, there are two headlight switch assemblies that would presumably work:

If I were to get the the headlight switch with the mirror buttons, is there wiring in place already, similar to the fog lights? And is there something to activate in FORScan?

No idea if the wiring is there or not. You’d need to check the DDM and PDM to see if the spot light circuits are coming out and going to the exterior mirror connectors. If they are, you can more than likely make the programming changes necessary in forscan.

But regardless, that circuit would still only function the same as the spot lights do. So vehicle speed under 6 mph and the parking lamps on.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So vehicle speed under 6 mph and the parking lamps on.
These parameters make them truly the most useless lights on my rig. :LOL:

I'm considering making them into turn signals. But I don't know what I'd use the headlight switch space for that's useful in those draconian parameters.

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Did you follow up on this?
My new Heritage is obviously mid pack as well but would like the option of mirror lights