WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came across these grab handles and liked the design/functionality so I decided to grab a pair. Didn't see any posts about it here so figured I'd share some thoughts.
  • They're easy to install like most other grab handles, just uses the 2 screws in the roll cage
  • The build quality is good
  • The handles are sturdy as well, couldn't get it to move or flex at all
  • Rotates downward when you're using it, goes back up when not in use (has 2 torsion springs in each handle)

Couple downsides:
  • The springs are fairly stiff (at least for now, not sure if they'll loosen up over time)
  • Passenger side touches the hard top when it's up, but I can add padding to the "stop" on the handle to prevent it from going that high
These are the ones I bought, they were the cheapest listing I could find for them: https://a.co/d/fz3wrRV

Ford Bronco Folding Aluminum Grab Handles Installed 20240507_084416
Ford Bronco Folding Aluminum Grab Handles Installed 20240507_084420
Ford Bronco Folding Aluminum Grab Handles Installed 20240507_084404

Pic of it in use (from the Amazon page)
Ford Bronco Folding Aluminum Grab Handles Installed Screenshot_20240507_090115_Amazon Shoppin
Sponsored

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

shouldn't the grab part be cylindrical? looks like these square edges cause discomfort to grab while offroading?

lamokadave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
shouldn't the grab part be cylindrical? looks like these square edges cause discomfort to grab while offroading?
Came across these grab handles and liked the design/functionality so I decided to grab a pair. Didn't see any posts about it here so figured I'd share some thoughts.
  • They're easy to install like most other grab handles, just uses the 2 screws in the roll cage
  • The build quality is good
  • The handles are sturdy as well, couldn't get it to move or flex at all
  • Rotates downward when you're using it, goes back up when not in use (has 2 torsion springs in each handle)

Couple downsides:
  • The springs are fairly stiff (at least for now, not sure if they'll loosen up over time)
  • Passenger side touches the hard top when it's up, but I can add padding to the "stop" on the handle to prevent it from going that high
These are the ones I bought, they were the cheapest listing I could find for them: https://a.co/d/fz3wrRV

Ford Bronco Folding Aluminum Grab Handles Installed Screenshot_20240507_090115_Amazon Shoppin

Pic of it in use (from the Amazon page)
I just installed similar ones but with LED lighting. They seem to be the exact ones sold by buttercup off road made by Lumin8 but I got them on Amazon. A bit tricky to install if you have the hardtop, as I do, as connecting the tiny electrical connections while holding the handles in place took patience. They seem to be well made. My only concern is not with the handles, but with the rather small screws Ford provides to attach any grab handles. Compared to attachment points provided in my Rubicon, the bronco seems undersized
Grab Handles with Dome Lights for 2021 2022 2023 2024 Ford Bronco 4 Door Alloy Grab Handles with LED Dome Lights Flexible Hand Grip https://a.co/d/22QPbHP

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed similar ones but with LED lighting. They seem to be the exact ones sold by buttercup off road made by Lumin8 but I got them on Amazon. A bit tricky to install if you have the hardtop, as I do, as connecting the tiny electrical connections while holding the handles in place took patience. They seem to be well made. My only concern is not with the handles, but with the rather small screws Ford provides to attach any grab handles. Compared to attachment points provided in my Rubicon, the bronco seems undersized
Grab Handles with Dome Lights for 2021 2022 2023 2024 Ford Bronco 4 Door Alloy Grab Handles with LED Dome Lights Flexible Hand Grip https://a.co/d/22QPbHP
That’s dope with the light!

Glade Runner

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I saw these on amazon a while ago, and that is the reason I didn’t order them to try.

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw these on amazon a while ago, and that is the reason I didn’t order them to try.
Fits pretty well in my hands and the edges are rounded so they aren't that sharp

Ford Bronco Folding Aluminum Grab Handles Installed 20240508_090538

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, I had the same concern about the screw size when I first removed them. Thankfully they seem to be doing a good job though, I tried put as much of my bodyweight as possible on it and the entire thing stayed solid

tfrazier

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco BL 2.7, Lincoln MKZ, Newell Coach (RV)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

? About the handles with the light.
do you have manually turn the lights on or do they function with opening/closing the doors?

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had seen the ones with the lights, I was wondering how they would hook up. I have the Spartan7 handles, and I love them. Comfortable to grab, out of the way. If I did not have those I would look at these.

linaka714

Wildtrak
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Could you please share how the electrical connections plug into - plug and play from back dome light (like Buckleup Buttercup) or connected to car battery?

Also, how is this holding up for you so far?

lamokadave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's exactly as you see it on buckle up. Buttercup. In fact, from what I can see these are exactly the same items that she sells I've only had them installed now for several days so I can't really address anything about how they're holding up. They seem quite functional and I do like the way they look in the Bronco.

linaka714

Wildtrak
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's exactly as you see it on buckle up. Buttercup. In fact, from what I can see these are exactly the same items that she sells I've only had them installed now for several days so I can't really address anything about how they're holding up. They seem quite functional and I do like the way they look in the Bronco.
Thank you for the response! I think I’ll try it out too. 😁
Sponsored