Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was thinking more about the stuff inside the cases, rather than the cases rattling against the table itself.
oh gotcha, i get what you mean now

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
FMI Media

FMI Media

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But that is not inside the Milwaukee boxes... That is what I was referring to.

Looks like Tim got there before I did...
i read it wrong, i get what you mean now

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I already have a tailgate table, so I wouldn't be interested. However, if I didn't have one, this is a neat idea.

Like others have said though, the rattling alone would drive me nuts. It's not the rattling of the boxes themselves, but all the stuff inside them.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing that isn't mentioned is the extra weight added to the gate. I think adding any storage on the gate is a bad idea unless you are packing oatmeal. While some have optioned a spare tire carrier with hinge reinforcement, not everybody has and adding weight to the inside and outside beyond the tire will lead to fatigue/failure of the rear gate.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last week FMI released this folding tailgate table that has a built-in plate for mounting PACKOUT tool boxes. Here's some pics and details from the foutz website for anyone interested in what the features are, etc.

I honestly think this new set up is awesome and i would like to know what other Bronco owners think - feel free to let me know your thoughts

Ford Bronco Folding Tailgate Table w/ built-in PACKOUT mount by Foutz Motorsport 1702588739501
Ford Bronco Folding Tailgate Table w/ built-in PACKOUT mount by Foutz Motorsport 1702588739501

TAILGATE TABLE WITH BUILT-IN PACKOUT MOUNT
  • the integrated plate design allows you to easily mount a variety of Packout Gear onto the outside of the tailgate with the table folded up or down
  • Turns the stock swing gate into a functional storage space so you can conveniently secure & mount your Packout tool boxes on the go
  • Great accessory for tailgating, camping, or for any time you need extra shelf space
  • R&D tested in extreme off-road conditions with up to 40 lbs mounted to plate
  • Laser cut in-house out of aluminum and powder coated in hammer black for ultimate strength and durability
  • Does not interfere with the back storage area when Packout gear is mounted & stowed with the rear hatch closed
FOLDED DOWN
  • (2) ultimate strength 18" stainless steel cables that allows the table to withstand heavy amounts of weight
  • Tailgate opens into a sturdy table-top surface within seconds while Packout gear remains secured to plate mount on the other side
  • Convenient Extra shelf space will come in handy for all your off-road or outdoor adventures

FOLDED UP
  • (2) quick release latches at the top will secure the the table when you fold it back up
  • Rubber bumpers are built into the back wall to ensure you don't have rattling or vibration noises when driving on the trails
  • The slim design of the table allows you to have more cargo space in the rear by closing into itself

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...gate-fold-down-table-with-packout-plate-mount

I think there are a lot of people that like this storage option, especially the PACKOUT fanboys. The latching mechanism just seems ideal for the Bronco compared to what’s out there. That being said, the price point is a deal killer for me considering you can get a tailgate molle table for half the price and add PACKOUT mounts from vendors like Builtright for $40-$80.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I already have a tailgate table, so I wouldn't be interested. However, if I didn't have one, this is a neat idea.

Like others have said though, the rattling alone would drive me nuts. It's not the rattling of the boxes themselves, but all the stuff inside them.
I bought a PACKOUT amount from @BuiltRight Industries to add to my existing molle tailgate table. Going to experiment with using a foam insert from Kaizen Inserts on one of the compact organizers and may add a second mount for diff combos if that solves the rattling issue.

I plan on storing spare wrenches, ratchets & sockets and think the kaizen foam will help keep everything in place in that vertical position without an issue (assuming my cutouts provide a snug fit for each piece). That being said, it probably comes down to what you plan on storing there as Kaizen foam isn’t going to be a one-size-fits-all type of solution.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That being said, the price point is a deal killer for me considering you can get a tailgate molle table for half the price and add PACKOUT mounts from vendors like Builtright for $40-$80.
😱🙈🙅

Just looked at price. Yeah, hard pass. Even at 50% off.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1150 GS Adventure; Volvo V90 XC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a heavy user of Packout, it's a great product. But $580 for this table? You've got to be kidding me. I"m not sure it's worth half of that. I'd maybe pay $250.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not a Milwaukee supporter. So at first not a fan of the idea. Not a fan for extra noise. I didn’t consider the extra weight to the swing gate.
If that box can be quickly removed by yanking it from the handle with table up or down. This would be great to store your first aid kit and personalize it.
Milwaukee red. Good color for first aid kit. “Grab the red box”
Items for first aid not noisy.
Won’t add too much weight.
Could be a useful option for someone. The price though will need to be adjusted for actual value.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's allot of money for plastic containers and sheet metal, like others mentioned, forgetting to raise it up before closing gate, can be costly, plus I feel that it will minimize the storage access on the trunk... not for me... :unsure: honestly though, I'm happy that there are options for you to look at and make a choice.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not a Milwaukee supporter. So at first not a fan of the idea. Not a fan for extra noise. I didn’t consider the extra weight to the swing gate.
If that box can be quickly removed by yanking it from the handle with table up or down. This would be great to store your first aid kit and personalize it.
Milwaukee red. Good color for first aid kit. “Grab the red box”
Items for first aid not noisy.
Won’t add too much weight.
Could be a useful option for someone. The price though will need to be adjusted for actual value.
That was my initial thought that it would be a great spot to mount one of the Milwaukee first aid kits. The contents I'm sure are pretty light and probably one of the quieter options.

Ford Bronco Folding Tailgate Table w/ built-in PACKOUT mount by Foutz Motorsport Screenshot_20231215-220116~2
Sponsored