Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

More than anything, this will just be a thread to host my pictures hah.
But hopefully for anyone who cares to look, you'll find at least some of the stuff interesting.
I've always been intrigued by off-roading, but have always been more of an on-road kinda guy (I'd rather take turns fast than drive over some rocks slow).
Sort of a long story as to how I (really my wife) ended up with the Bronco - but we're very glad we did.
The short of it is that her father ordered it for HIS wife, and they got tired of waiting and bought something else, only to get a VIN days later. So we took it! And dang I'm so glad we did.
In the whole scheme of things, they got lucky. Walk-in December 2021 order was confirmed in late Feb of 2022. Initially to be built week of 9/26 and was finally built w/o 10/24 (10/28 blend, "built" 10/31, shipped 11/9 delivered 12/3).
It is a 2022 OBX w/ Sasquach, V6, High, Roast cloth, MIC, Mod bumper w/ brush guard, Roof rack.
Being my wife's daily driver as well as the family hauler, mods will be kept at a minimum (if any at all) so this will not be much of a build thread, but rather just a journal of our experiences with the Bronco - which I hope to be somewhat plentiful. So anyway.....
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Off the line
Ford Bronco For The Record - OBX Journal image-

At the dealer
Ford Bronco For The Record - OBX Journal db506e2f-a550-4afe-b192-6299c3074340-jpe

In the driveway
12fd0313-c245-409d-83ca-7ca2a0d4c12e-jpeg-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I said, "mods" were/are going to be kept to a minimum, but there were a couple things I did right away
Stubby antenna
2b749b0e-c8e2-4bdb-8178-c306de8339f9-jpeg.jpg

cabeab54-10c0-4a8a-9b78-ea671fedaa6b-jpeg.jpg

Bronco script
0249139a-8ff7-4afc-8085-d7bc0e61b3ee-jpeg.jpg

First time "off-road". Just a mile long beach access road that is sort of bumpy and wet.
1672775375668-png.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And just this past weekend, we finally got to take it officially off the pavement to a pretty "mild" area about an hour north of us. Wish I would have got more pictures, but we were too busy enjoying the drive!
0da3f438-80bc-46c9-9410-1f862c30b029-jpeg.jpg

468c6d6c-27af-4f58-aa7d-7ed8de1730cd-jpeg.jpg

And just for fun popped the doors off after a wash
94c7da33-5a98-4c20-9537-1602e8feb05d-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI - None of your attachments are working.
I agree none of them work! Just drag you pictures over and drop so we can see without opening attachments.

OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI - None of your attachments are working.
I agree none of them work! Just drag you pictures over and drop so we can see without opening attachments.
Thanks! Got it fixed I think. I initially made one long first post then edited to multiple and the pictured did not carry over!

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks! Got it fixed I think. I initially made one long first post then edited to multiple and the pictured did not carry over!
Nice looking Bronco!

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My OBX is on a train to us right now. Itā€™s going to be my daily driver, not my weekend warrior. I ordered the Sasquatch package because my wife says it looks better with the bigger wheels šŸ¤£. Iā€™m doing a few mods also, but mostly for convenience or esthetics. Keep us posted. Where are you, by the way?

OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice looking Bronco!
Thanks! Despite the fact that we did not order it, I wouldn't have changed a thing.
My OBX is on a train to us right now. Itā€™s going to be my daily driver, not my weekend warrior. I ordered the Sasquatch package because my wife says it looks better with the bigger wheels šŸ¤£. Iā€™m doing a few mods also, but mostly for convenience or esthetics. Keep us posted. Where are you, by the way?
Congrats! And yes, our wifes are in agreement hah. She definitely prefers the SAS package.
It is actually very nice as a daily. Overall, it is much quieter than I expected and behaves nicely around town and on the highway. It drives more like an F-150 than a Wrangler.
I plan to do a few more little things to it. But like you said, more convenience/functionality than performance.
We're in St. Petersburg, FL.
We're doing a little weekend camping trip in about a month, so I'm hoping to find some areas to get it dirty.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks! Despite the fact that we did not order it, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Congrats! And yes, our wifes are in agreement hah. She definitely prefers the SAS package.
It is actually very nice as a daily. Overall, it is much quieter than I expected and behaves nicely around town and on the highway. It drives more like an F-150 than a Wrangler.
I plan to do a few more little things to it. But like you said, more convenience/functionality than performance.
We're in St. Petersburg, FL.
We're doing a little weekend camping trip in about a month, so I'm hoping to find some areas to get it dirty.
Good luck with your camping trip, I camp at the Marriott :LOL:. We live on Captree Island, NY, most of the year, and Marco Island, FL, during the winter. Actually, my wife spends the winter in Florida, I'm still working, so I get down to Marco, 2-3 weeks per month, during the winter. I can't wait to get my Bronco, its been a long time coming. Have a great day!

OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got a few off-road goodies in the mail over the weekend.
hopefully donā€™t have to use the straps any time soon but at least Iā€™ll have them ifā€¦or rather when I need them lol.

Ford Bronco For The Record - OBX Journal BDABDA7D-2255-46E4-9920-03F5B5283DA2

Ford Bronco For The Record - OBX Journal 58117745-5D57-46E1-9331-6F5CC2B215FA

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got a few off-road goodies in the mail over the weekend.
hopefully donā€™t have to use the straps any time soon but at least Iā€™ll have them ifā€¦or rather when I need them lol.

Nice! Where did you get the shackles, and what are the brass pieces in the foreground?

OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! Where did you get the shackles, and what are the brass pieces in the foreground?
Just Amazon. Brass pieces are tire deflators. You pre-set them to the desired PSI, and then you screw them on to your valve stems and it will let the air out of the tires.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just Amazon. Brass pieces are tire deflators. You pre-set them to the desired PSI, and then you screw them on to your valve stems and it will let the air out of the tires.
Thanks! Iā€™m having an ARB Dual Compressor installed as soon as I pick my Bronco up. Iā€™m definitely interested in the deflators and tow rings.
Sponsored