Sponsored

NJ mall crawler / surf truck journal - 2021 4dr obx 2.7 sas Lux w/ MIC & tow.

f3d

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX 2.7 Squatch HT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

between work and kids, I ain’t going off road much but we ski and we surf.

the truck as ordered is a 2021 (delivered in jan 2022… still bitter about this) obx 4dr with Lux Sasquatch and tow packs. I got the MIC top as well.

ive never had a jeep or anything like this. Always German stuff… so I’ll capture odd things I encounter and any build out things here as a journal of sorts. Might rant about the differences of German vs ford… bear with me.

My goal is to have fun with it. Take it on the beach (Long Island) to go surfing and get it dirty.

DB794E1A-611E-4F48-8E51-CA00DB679EC8.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
f3d

f3d

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX 2.7 Squatch HT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Immediate needs / thoughts:
Surfboard rack. I don’t have the factory roof rack. Boards don’t fit inside.

fml

OP
OP
f3d

f3d

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX 2.7 Squatch HT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I shoulda gotten the mod bumper. The rough country hidden winch is cool but looks like they cut the plastic bumper? How do I change to those shackles / tow points too? (Don’t really need a winch… maybe a yank rope for other folks?)

OP
OP
f3d

f3d

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX 2.7 Squatch HT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just washed and waxed it.... already had some rock chips on the doors from the wider sas tires kicking up stuff. There are 99thousands threads here about mud flaps, but i really didnt want to drill anything. The Weathertech ones looked stupid (confirmed now) but were plug and play. So i got those. Installed em yesterday which took about 5 mins per side and quickly saw how stupid a design they really were. No offense to weather tech, they got a product out really quickly, but wtf is up with the gap? there are additional liner screws that could be used if needed but there just seems to be no real reason for the gap here... curious about the thought process there... sigh. Lets see if these offer much protection :(

Ford Bronco NJ mall crawler / surf truck journal - 2021 4dr obx 2.7 sas Lux w/ MIC & tow. IMG_0215.JPG
Ford Bronco NJ mall crawler / surf truck journal - 2021 4dr obx 2.7 sas Lux w/ MIC & tow. IMG_0216.JPG
Ford Bronco NJ mall crawler / surf truck journal - 2021 4dr obx 2.7 sas Lux w/ MIC & tow. IMG_0217.JPG

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I held out for the Rek Gen, no gaposis...
Sponsored