First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First time poster, long time reader...so much great info here.

I've been working with a dealer here in NH to configure a Big Bend non-Squach order. Things seemed pretty straight-forward (MSRP), until I asked them to add the rear locker to the spec. The Ford build site adds it to the Big Bend trim as an option, but with $0 cost. The dealer came back with a build sheet saying it is $495.

Not a huge $ deal, but I am so tired of dealer fee shenanigans that my radar is up. Is this "normal" that the build site is off like this? Thanks...and great news about the strike!
Sponsored

FootPain

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB 17 Explorer 04 Mach 1 98 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First time poster, long time reader...so much great info here.

I've been working with a dealer here in NH to configure a Big Bend non-Squach order. Things seemed pretty straight-forward (MSRP), until I asked them to add the rear locker to the spec. The Ford build site adds it to the Big Bend trim as an option, but with $0 cost. The dealer came back with a build sheet saying it is $495.

Not a huge $ deal, but I am so tired of dealer fee shenanigans that my radar is up. Is this "normal" that the build site is off like this? Thanks...and great news about the strike!
Build and price is most likely wrong it's happened before. Ask for a DORA

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's definitely a bug on build and price if it's coming up $0, its been a $495 option since 2021.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was building a Big Bend on the build and price site this morning and it forced the manual trans when I selected a rear locker. I thought I recalled in ‘23 you could get a locker with an auto trans.

OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build and price is most likely wrong it's happened before. Ask for a DORA
Yes, they did provide one.....so there is that. If that is common, then probably not fibbing - thanks!

I was building a Big Bend on the build and price site this morning and it forced the manual trans when I selected a rear locker. I thought I recalled in ‘23 you could get a locker with an auto trans.
Yeah - there are some weird things like that I've also encountered. I was set on a 2-door Black Diamond with mid-package and manual....but for some reason BD + mid-package forces automatic.

Sponsored

tflood1965

Big Bend
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2022 Toyota Tacoma 2018 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
window sticker with 4.46 rear axle- locking diff was $495.00 Note- 2.3L manual
Ford Bronco Ford Build and Price question on Big Bend and Rear Locker IMG_1037

Eliminator

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I may be incorrect but according to the 2024 Order Guide (not Build and Price), a BB manual gets 4.46 gearing and open differentials front and rear. Specifying a locking rear requires an auto transmission and 4.27 gearing.
Ford Bronco Ford Build and Price question on Big Bend and Rear Locker 1B705E73-4522-488E-A77E-0EE9A51AF1B9

OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely a little confusing. The build sheet I signed shows manual, 4.46 and locker (with $495 charge).

As I said above, I test drove and was all set to order a Black Diamond - really wanted some of the mid-package comfort items, the floors/drain plug and trying to stay < $50k. But the forcing of automatic with the mid-package led to me to drop down to Big Bend.

Ford Bronco Ford Build and Price question on Big Bend and Rear Locker Build sheet snip.JPG
Sponsored