Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking about adding a rear view mirror camera so I don't have to worry about blocking the view. Doug Demuro says he like the one on his Defended, but I can see how you would lose the ability to move your head to see different areas behind you (like my kids fighting in the back seat...).

Reactions: RLW

Tenny

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8 Corvette, Volt, Jeep XJ, Stealth RT/TT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a cheap aftermarket (AUKEY 6.8" ) one in my daily driver (Chevy Volt), but the one in my Corvette C8 is 10x better. It's much brighter and the clarity is great. Would love for the Bronco to get something like that, even if it is in the middle of the spare tire.

The only downside is if it's raining and a water drop lands perfect and is right on the lens. Then you really can't see much, but I've only encountered this with the Volt. The C8 doesn't see the rain.

I know with my XJ I can't really see too much behind me other than the side view mirrors / side rear windows. Then when I am loaded with camping gear the rear visibility is really zero besides the two mirrors. If I wasn't getting the Bronco I would totally buy the best aftermarket rear view mirror I could get with a camera.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anything electrical from the UK (Defender) scares me.
Unless you have the correct service parts.
Ford Bronco Ford could copy the defender/corvette rear view mirror 1614527978595

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only downside is if it's raining and a water drop lands perfect and is right on the lens. Then you really can't see much, but I've only encountered this with the Volt. The C8 doesn't see the rain.
I was thinking if it was mounted inside and behind the part of the rear window that the wiper clears might be a solution.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My FJ had this. I hated it. I want mirrors as my primary and a monitor as my secondary. The view in the mirror was very poor quality.

OP
OP
Smuck

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My FJ had this. I hated it. I want mirrors as my primary and a monitor as my secondary. The view in the mirror was very poor quality.
So in the defender the mirror is normal until you flip it up. Like if your cargo area was packed. Then it becomes a screen. It’s pretty cool.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe Tazer will come out with something to allow your center screen camera to be on all the time while still keeping your regular mirror.
Sponsored