Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If buying new you must take a bath swapping cars often, as they generally lose quite a bit of value during the first several years after purchase. (Other than the recent Bronco situation which was more of an anomaly.) I've done well buying used, although I tend to hang onto vehicles, so I have seven at the moment, lol.
I usually lease. No bath quite the opposite. During the last few years with covid prices, you just needed to source cars at discount. Therefore getting rid of them made it easier with no bath and loss.
Sponsored

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You need to avoid Jeep and Stellantis products for a couple of years too. Jeep is chopping prices because their vehicles are overpriced and not selling (many sit on the lot for 6+ months)

My new-ish Grand Cherokee has depreciated $20K in a year and developed the infamous Penastar tick (sub 10K miles) and is at the dealership this week. It's also leaking engine coolant lol.
The wrangler 392 raw power is something I miss. I will likely get another one; the Bronco Raptor should've came with a v8. Huge miss on Ford's part.

Tryingtogetabronco

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Wrangler resale has been and is crazy, which is why I had no qualms about ordering my JL Rubi when things were dumb in Broncoland and ordering a base was on indefinite hold. Since I got a hefty discount off list, I could probably almost get what I paid for it today, almost a year later. I've never understood it, but welcome it.
Yea I had 4 wrangler's in last 4 years. Rubicon JL, 392, 2 4xe Rubicon's. Did not lose $1 on any of them. Actually during the craziness last few years, many sold for more than msrp. Just source them below msrp, which was quite easy.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yea I had 4 wrangler's in last 4 years. Rubicon JL, 392, 2 4xe Rubicon's. Did not lose $1 on any of them. Actually during the craziness last few years, many sold for more than msrp. Just source them below msrp, which was quite easy.
That was true... but I don't think so moving forward. Wrangler sales have collapsed from 220K/year in 2021 to 150K/year in 2023. Discounts of 12% off MSRP plus loads of incentives are easily achievable.

I'd say the same about Bronco - depreciation was non-existent for the past two years.

Discounted Bronco prices and the new Land Cruiser will continue to push Wrangler sales down. Jeep will be forced to cut prices even more on the Wrangler.

https://fortune.com/2024/02/24/jeep-cuts-prices-expands-lineup-stellantis-automotive/

The wrangler 392 raw power is something I miss. I will likely get another one; the Bronco Raptor should've came with a v8. Huge miss on Ford's part.
Meh. I had a 23 Sequoia TRD Pro with the twin turbo V6 hybrid and that hauled butt. The electric motors provided a low-speed boost.

Neither are like the Rivian I had. 908lbs of torque. 0 to 60 in 3 seconds. 7000lb unstable beast I called it. I did 11.8 three separate times on the drag strip.

fwk727

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Big Bend; 21 F-150; 11 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I heard there's a new incentive program. Buy a Bronco and they throw in a Lightning half price. 😉

Sponsored

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was considering trading my Bronco for a Colorado ZR2 (wanted more tow capacity) Dealership appraised my Bronco at $42k... Took it to CarMax, $39k 🤦

I have a 2022 Badlands Sas Lux w/ MGV. 33k miles. No accidents, no damage, everything functional.

Reactions: LCW

TailChaser

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought end of year for tax purposes. They were still hard to find what you wanted, found one 1.5 hrs away that would work. I do a lot of land sales and if it’s not precisely a smaller homestead lot. They are mostly just sitting. Today’s rates have anything over $70k slowed to a crawl on land (20 year terms) I imagine vehicles are similar, certain ones still sale but many just sit for awhile. And at a 5 year term around 30-35k is going to be most people’s max for payments.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I usually lease. No bath quite the opposite. During the last few years with covid prices, you just needed to source cars at discount. Therefore getting rid of them made it easier with no bath and loss.
Yeah like I said the last few years were an anomaly. Heck I bought Ford stock at $4.50 and watched it ride to $25. Those weren't normal times. Otherwise you buy/lease new and unload after a couple years, you pay a price. We'd all be leasing if we could always sell end of lease for what we paid and no loss. ;)

Lej512

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have enjoyed a great relationship with my dealership for many years. My wife and I just bought our 13th or 14th vehicle from them. We've had numerous Explorers, I had a Bronco Sport and a Raptor, test driven a Raptor 35 and Mustang Mach-E. We just purchased our Bronco Black Diamond. I mentioned to him that I was going to have to wait for warmer weather to put my Weathertech flaps on - He said "bring them with you, I'll have the body shop put them on". I would not trade that kind of friendship for ANYTHING. "My guy" at the dealership, who is a manager, has shared some unbelievable stories over the years related to the car sales world. Short supplies, low inventory, supply chain issues for parts, having to lay off long-time personnel during covid. Has to be one of THE most inconsistent occupations you could get in to.

Currently, they have 14 Broncos on the lot. They sold their 2024 Everglades Edition over the weekend, they have Big Bends, Wild Tracks, Badlands, they have one Black Diamond left and a Heritage Edition with 600 miles on it. I used to hate the car shopping experience. They college kid playing salesman that can't burp without checking with his manager, they make an offer, the customer makes a counter-offer, he has to talk to his manager, and back and forth and back and forth. Haven't had to do that in years. We find something we like, send a text to our guy, he says here's what I can do...think it over, if we're close we talk, if not, thanks anyway. We haven't walked away very often. I only wish all dealerships were this way and all customers could be as satisfied as we are.

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I heard there's a new incentive program. Buy a Bronco and they throw in a Lightning half price. 😉
With a gas generator in the bed?

Sponsored

Craigthebull

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost premium
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought my 2022 Badlands SAS 2dr I the California Bay Area for $3500.00 over MSRP in July of 2022. Then in March of 2023 we bought a retirement home and couldn’t keep the Bronco. Sold it to a local dealer in Vancouver Washington for a little over 60k.
Just saw it on Cargurus in southern Oregon with custom wheels and about 2K more miles on it for $47,000.00 that’s a more than $13K loss from me selling it in less then a year. Times are tough.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Demand declining to meet and then drop below supply is nothing new in the car biz. The ones who get hurt the most are those who just have to have it NOW, and can't/won't shop around and most importantly, walk away. Anything you pay over MSRP is gone forever as soon as supply ramps up. Ask anyone who bought a C7 Corvette when they first came out or even a GT350 Mustang. The real dogs were super-hot everyday cars like the PT Cruiser. A young lady on my staff had to have a PT when they came out, we were in Atlanta so plenty of dealers. She found one, a purple Limited trim level and paid 3k over MSRP. Two years later she was still upside down by over 4k once supply equaled demand. Be patient, shop around. Even C8 Corvettes are available at MSRP now.

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My Braptor was hit back in the summer by an 18-wheeler. After waiting years for my Bronco I was devastated, and 2 weeks ago I FINALLY got paid out for it. That same week I attended the Off-Roadeo, and I expected to come back home to the east coast and be on the dealer lot the next day.

Instead, I got a taste of what the Braptor was really made for- and there's simply nothing within a 13 hour drive that would allow me to use it the way I was able to in Vegas. Totally can't justify buying another one, even though I loved that car. I have 2 dealerships within 30 minutes of me, with 4 Raptors on their lots combined and more in transit. 3 of them have been there since July-back when they all 3 had significant markups.

After my accident I called both and gave my sob story to see if a deal could be made and was told from both that "those cars will sell before the weekend is over, at the price they're listed at". All are now $500 off with both dealerships calling me to ask if I want to "work with them on a deal".

Nope.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Demand declining to meet and then drop below supply is nothing new in the car biz. The ones who get hurt the most are those who just have to have it NOW, and can't/won't shop around and most importantly, walk away. Anything you pay over MSRP is gone forever as soon as supply ramps up. Ask anyone who bought a C7 Corvette when they first came out or even a GT350 Mustang. The real dogs were super-hot everyday cars like the PT Cruiser. A young lady on my staff had to have a PT when they came out, we were in Atlanta so plenty of dealers. She found one, a purple Limited trim level and paid 3k over MSRP. Two years later she was still upside down by over 4k once supply equaled demand. Be patient, shop around. Even C8 Corvettes are available at MSRP now.
Twenty years later they're barely worth $3k! Funny what we got to have and what we get used to as normal until the bottom drops out to remind us!

Ford Bronco Ford Dealer Lots OVERFLOWING!  Bronco Lot Rot proxy

https://www.iseecars.com/used_cars-t13655-purple-chrysler-pt-cruiser#id=100646111522
Sponsored