Ford Mach E prototype spotted for the first time

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder how many rockets NASA blew up before they made the world's largest heavy-lift space vehicle? Oh, wait, they were taxpayer funded and don't have anything that comes close to that title. SpaceX's payload launch to failure ratio is 49:1, not bad for a company that isn't on the public dole and is making their groundbreaking accomplishments literally 10x cheaper than NASA.

You do know that the Falcon Heavy earned the US contract for heavy lift as a result of the flight with Musk's personal Roadster aboard, right? Sending up the Roadster was a huge dose of priceless publicity, it was (another example of his) genius. Any marketing department would have jumped at the chance to get half that exposure. And you do know that the Tesla and SpaceX corporations are separate? And that SpaceX reportedly received about $1B in investment the day after they launched their first Starlink mission, and probably doesn't give a hoot about $14m in deposits to a car company? You do realize that the SEC, already bearing a substantial axe to grind with Musk, is drooling at the chance to indict him for the slightest of shady accounting practices with Tesla?

I understand your angle, but trying to diminish the accomplishments of SpaceX flies in the face of reality. Musk is a strange dude, and I don't entirely trust him, but so far his dreams have not exceeded his deliverables (well, except for some broken glass). If the day comes that he's shown to be a fraud, I'll be the first to call him on it - but again, I'll ask: what has he sold that he hasn't delivered on?

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder how many rockets NASA blew up before they made the world's largest heavy-lift space vehicle? Oh, wait, they were taxpayer funded and don't have anything that comes close to that title. SpaceX's payload launch to failure ratio is 49:1, not bad for a company that isn't on the public dole and is making their groundbreaking accomplishments literally 10x cheaper than NASA.

You do know that the Falcon Heavy earned the US contract for heavy lift as a result of the flight with Musk's personal Roadster aboard, right? Sending up the Roadster was a huge dose of priceless publicity, it was (another example of his) genius. Any marketing department would have jumped at the chance to get half that exposure. And you do know that the Tesla and SpaceX corporations are separate? And that SpaceX reportedly received about $1B in investment the day after they launched their first Starlink mission, and probably doesn't give a hoot about $14m in deposits to a car company? You do realize that the SEC, already bearing a substantial axe to grind with Musk, is drooling at the chance to indict him for the slightest of shady accounting practices with Tesla?

I understand your angle, but trying to diminish the accomplishments of SpaceX flies in the face of reality. Musk is a strange dude, and I don't entirely trust him, but so far his dreams have not exceeded his deliverables (well, except for some broken glass). If the day comes that he's shown to be a fraud, I'll be the first to call him on it - but again, I'll ask: what has he sold that he hasn't delivered on?
Solid points. He did sell the idea that the cyber truck design will look like the production truck LOL . It would only have been more obvious had it been on April 1st.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

You are talking about the actual EV credits, and not the EV station infrastructure funding which is fully funded via VW/ Electrify America. Like it or not EV are the future and are here to stay, by the next 5-10 years 20-30 percent of all new vehicles sold will be electric. I love the sounds of the old v8s, diesels and even boxer motors but they will be a thing of the past sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, there are two sides of the argument on the tax incentives - the side I see it from is that it isn't company-selective (like some solar panel grants were) and it is open to any manufacturer up to the terms of the legislation. Is Ford taking advantage of the American taxpayer with the Mach-E? If you see Tesla as gaining advantage at public expense, I don't think there's a way to excuse Ford from the same business approach. Hey, the legislation was written, I don't know if anyone making an EV could deny the tax deduction to their customers if they wanted to.

Preston Tucker - I didn't see the movie, perhaps I should. My guess is he was portrayed as a slippery huckster, and if that's where you're going I'd agree Elon has an indescribable hint of that... I just can't put my finger on it. Hoping I'm wrong and he's not an evil genius hellbent on destroying humanity, but his life and business ascension could have come out of any number of action/sci-fi movies with exactly that plot.

Sponsored

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes and he has created his own school with a movie name made after it. He may a genius but you kind of wonder about motives. I'm not a fan of any movement or creation that only accepts one line of thought as supreme and correct and doesnt accept anyone with a different opinion

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes and he has created his own school with a movie name made after it. He may a genius but you kind of wonder about motives. I'm not a fan of any movement or creation that only accepts one line of thought as supreme and correct and doesnt accept anyone with a different opinion
Not sure I follow on the last sentence, can you elaborate? Some businesspeople are very particular about their product, the have a vision of quality and if someone isn't onboard with that, they aren't going to last. Unless you mean something else.

Also unfamiliar with the school or the movie, but I'll get my search engines working...

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure I follow on the last sentence, can you elaborate? Some businesspeople are very particular about their product, the have a vision of quality and if someone isn't onboard with that, they aren't going to last. Unless you mean something else.

Also unfamiliar with the school or the movie, but I'll get my search engines working...
Ad astra and I was referencing something else which I guess went over your head. All good

Sponsored