Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That only can help. Ford gets the revenue it planned for the Bronco rollout. Maybe we'll get our hard tops sooner.
Ford has the money to throw at Webasto and it hasn't helped so far. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Lightnings on the streets before many day 1 or 2 reservations are filled for Broncos.
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using the bronco model you can use a 2x multiplier on the starting price to determine how much it will actually cost for the one you want.

$40k for a tiny truck isn’t that impressive anymore.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just look at all those cupholders!!!!

In all sincerity these things are gonna sell like hotcakes.
Not the biggest, meanest, off-road looking, king-of-the-hill looking truck but:
-It is fuel efficient.
-You can haul a decent amount of stuff that most semi-suburb and suburb people really only need when hauling a couple of bikes, a short kayak, a few bags of mulch or lumber enough to build a doghouse or project, garage sale stuff, ball game stuff.
-It seats 5 (vs 3 in a pinch in the older single cab Ranger).
-easy to park, maneuver, drive
-surprisingly low starting MSRP.

It's not my style, not what I like, but to be completely objective, it's a brilliant move for a niche market where it will sell, and sell quickly.
Get a reasonably capable small pickup at the price point it's gonna be at?
Yeah, good move, Ford.
I doubted the need/styling/market for it initially a few months back...but not after seeing the reveal and thinking outside of my personal uses/likes/affinity.

It's not gonna sell to the people who want the status symbol.
It's not gonna sell to the ranch owner who needs capacity.
It's not gonna sell to the hardcore 4X4 crowd.

-But it is gonna sell to that "quick trip to Lowes or Home Depot" crowd.
-It's gonna sell to that "I need a truck to haul gardening supplies" crowd.
-It's gonna sell to the "I need a place to easily cart my bike/Kayak/camping /fishing gear and don't want to mess with the SUV and taking the wheels off/leaving the hatch open for the kayak" crowd.
-It's gonna sell for that College-bound young adult who needs a dependable, fuel-efficient vehicle to cart all their loads o' crap around.
-It's gonna sell for that new, dependable first-car crowd.

TL/DR:
Not for big ole' truck peeps, "keeping up with the Jones'" peeps, but for a lot of others.
Big, decisive move by Ford and will sell a shi*-ton of them.
Can you please confirm, where did you get an official cup holder count on the Maverick?

I'm not a truck guy and think the Ranger hits the sweet spot of "full sized truck via decade-old sizing of trucks" and thought Maverick sounded like a joke.

However, being hybrid standard this thing should sell like stink on a pig. It absolutely fulfills the needs of so many urbanites who actually want to, you know, be able to drive the thing near other humans or park it in their garage/driveway.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For complaining about something and not reading and reasons that seems about the right response.
I'm just here to see how many times ColbyFromBama can puke react in a single thread....
Truly shocking that someone with “bama” in their name can’t see the reason for a smaller, hybrid pickup. /s

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if anyone’s posted this or not; I didn’t read through all 14 pages.

Good walkthrough of the Maverick.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
"Avoid the Clap" - Jimmy Dugan
Baseball clap must be drastically worse than getting the golf clap.

Anybody with experience on this want to chime in?

Anyway, on topic, just priced out a whole-hog Maverick Lariat and it came in a tick over $35K...... Holy COW! That's insane-o money. Our '19 Ranger Lariat SuperCab was $42K with tech and FX4.

Pretty sure i'd spend the extra $100 a month for the Ranger in that situation.

These will be amazing trucks if you can keep the price in the low twenties.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has the money to throw at Webasto and it hasn't helped so far. I have a feeling we'll be seeing Lightnings on the streets before many day 1 or 2 reservations are filled for Broncos.
No it doesn't. It's not the Federal Government, which can just print money when it needs it. It has shareholders who watch the piggy bank and the stock price reflects the financials. The Bronco is at least a year behind its revenue plan and most of Ford (and the industry) is sitting idle waiting for chips.

Building and selling ANYTHING at this moment is critical.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure if anyone’s posted this or not; I didn’t read through all 14 pages.

Good walkthrough of the Maverick.

Talking points:

• Doug DeMuro's schtick is as tired and played out as pointing out how tired his schtick is, what a hack.

• Area 51 does NOT flatter on Maverick, if ever you wanted to make a car LOOK like a cheap car, that's how you go about it. Shoot it with a paint that came from the dollar store.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baseball clap must be drastically worse than getting the golf clap.

Anybody with experience on this want to chime in?

Anyway, on topic, just priced out a whole-hog Maverick Lariat and it came in a tick over $35K...... Holy COW! That's insane-o money. Our '19 Ranger Lariat SuperCab was $42K with tech and FX4.

Pretty sure i'd spend the extra $100 a month for the Ranger in that situation.

These will be amazing trucks if you can keep the price in the low twenties.
What year is your Ranger? I'm wondering if Ford built the pricing on this with anticipation of inflation continuing to go up. I'm anxious to see where the next Gen Ranger pricing falls too. But to your point, depending on needs, I agree $100 for the size difference makes sense.
Sponsored