First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand the point of this. I thought everybody who placed an order for a Bronco had theirs already.

**runs and hides in Australia**

ran out of pumped
I hear they sell that stuff at Starbuck's.
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Levine should stop racing/off-roading his - insert any of the latest most popular Ford vehicle we canā€™t get our hands on HERE - so we can get the actual scoop.

pineapple

Black Diamond
First Name
Cass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When you converted from MY21 to MY22, didnā€™t you have to give a copy of your drivers license anyway? I did. And I noticed our priority number was waaaaay lower on that order. I assumed it was because my dealership knows I hate them and had been talking shit about the whole you canā€™t test drive but you can pay us $400 to rent the Bronco from us bullshit they pulled. Including filing a complaint with Ford (which Iā€™m sure went straight into the trashcan).

Really regretting not going to my second choice. Even more pissed I couldnā€™t switch dealers when we had to reorder for MY22. Oh well.

It seemed like everyone and their mom in Texas had one already. Maybe thatā€™s where theyā€™ve been allocated everything for the last two years.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And what about the majority of order holders who are stuck with silent dealers? Are they just gonna 99 our orders and call it a day? Why the hell do we need to go through the trouble of begging the dealers to do their job?

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you converted from MY21 to MY22, didnā€™t you have to give a copy of your drivers license anyway? I did. And I noticed our priority number was waaaaay lower on that order. I assumed it was because my dealership knows I hate them and had been talking shit about the whole you canā€™t test drive but you can pay us $400 to rent the Bronco from us bullshit they pulled. Including filing a complaint with Ford (which Iā€™m sure went straight into the trashcan).

Really regretting not going to my second choice. Even more pissed I couldnā€™t switch dealers when we had to reorder for MY22. Oh well.

It seemed like everyone and their mom in Texas had one already. Maybe thatā€™s where theyā€™ve been allocated everything for the last two years.
Not true 7.21.20 res in Texas with no bronco just parts in the garage waiting for one to put them on.

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If Iā€™m reading this right- thereā€™s really no point in trying to order anytime soon. They are going to continue this game of messing around with old orders (half of which arenā€™t even real) without any option for new orders to even try. What this basically tells me is that I should just keep my Rubicon and say adios to this whole fiasco.

(as if this was some mega surprise to literally anyone)
Yes keep your Jeep Rubi and move along nothing to see here

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Iā€™m reading this right- thereā€™s really no point in trying to order anytime soon. They are going to continue this game of messing around with old orders (half of which arenā€™t even real) without any option for new orders to even try. What this basically tells me is that I should just keep my Rubicon and say adios to this whole fiasco.

(as if this was some mega surprise to literally anyone)
Sounds like it especially if they are now allowing dealers to fill their lots before taking new orders at all.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
maybe the people in line this whole time should get there before letting new people like you in line and if they took new orders then there still have people who well place crap load of orders .
Not if they required $1k non refundable deposits and verified so the person canā€™t place multiple orders or allowed one at a time, eliminate the rest.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m not sure truthfully, but I know if you order wasnā€™t part of COVP you had almost no chance of getting your Maverick this year.

Basically it works like this:
  1. You submit an order. When you submit an order you provide a copy of your driverā€™s license.
  2. If your name/address matches the name/address on the order, the dealer can submit the order for COVP verification.
  3. If approved, Ford assigns that order a priority code less than 10. Priority codes less than 10 can only be assigned my Ford themselves. (Lower the number the higher the priority.)
  4. COVP orders are given priority over non-COVP retail orders.
There is a requirement in the COVP program than dealers must sell a certain percentage of COVP orders to customers who placed the original orders (I think its 70%). If they do not, dealers can lose allocation. So to ensure customers are serious about ordering a Maverick, many dealers are requiring non-refundable deposits to anyone who places a COVP order, and many are requiring the customer passes a credit check so they can actually purchase the vehicle when it arrives.
Do you know if that means they are running credit twice which in effect will provide multiple checks within the same year lessening the chance for outside financing or lowering your score so you may not get as good of rate at delivery?

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

? line ?
? in order ?

there never was a line
scheduling was never in order - not some computer ' Sorting Algorithm '

the manual ' Scheduling Sort ' was just a leaky sieve overrun w special favors, dealer shenanigans, and who knows

since year ago we've seen many new walk-ins being scheduled in week or two or few months, while many tens of thousands early Reservations still left hanging

overall prob half the scheduling were walk-ins
my build-week was 80% walk-ins - next to my 7/15/20 reservation

it got better in March when Order Bank closed
then we finally saw mostly early Reservations

maybe the suits running Ford realised that having Order Bank closed is the only way to stop the tricks and clear the early Reservations

otherwise the walk-in orders keep slipping thru ' one way or another ' - wink, wink

Last edited:

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have not seen this in an EFC yet but was hoping this was going to be the case. Vet the old orders to make sure people were still interested and that there aren't a ton of dead orders sitting in front of legit retails. If they're going to force COVP, that's even better because it will raise the stakes for dealers trying to take known abandoned retails and turn them into "stock". While some may be pissed they can't order right away, this is the correct course of action for those that have been waiting since day 1. I'm sure some dealers will get a small amount of low option "stock", it should allow them to direct all constrained commodities to true retail orders.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have not seen this in an EFC yet but was hoping this was going to be the case. Vet the old orders to make sure people were still interested and that there aren't a ton of dead orders sitting in front of legit retails. If they're going to force COVP, that's even better because it will raise the stakes for dealers trying to take known abandoned retails and turn them into "stock". While some may be pissed they can't order right away, this is the correct course of action for those that have been waiting since day 1. I'm sure some dealers will get a small amount of low option "stock", it should allow them to direct all constrained commodities to true retail orders.
Agree with everything you said. And I hope soon that this policy can be confirmed by a leaked EFC and not just hearsay of a screenshot of a text communication between a dealer and a customer.

Best course of action in the waning weeks of scheduling for MY'22 is for dealer's to begin vetting their outstanding orders to ensure customers are still interested.

Ultimately, Ford needs to adjust their allocation formula. Delaying new orders for a few months won't significantly address the long wait list of outstanding orders unless there is actual allocation dealers will receive that alleviates the logjam.

JAM

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent news if true, but Iā€™m not holding my breath until I see an official announcement and my dealer asks for the COVP information.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This announcement actually makes sense but a lot of stuff Ford has done left us scratching our heads.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agree with everything you said. And I hope soon that this policy can be confirmed by a leaked EFC and not just hearsay of a screenshot of a text communication between a dealer and a customer.

Best course of action in the waning weeks of scheduling for MY'22 is for dealer's to begin vetting their outstanding orders to ensure customers are still interested.

Ultimately, Ford needs to adjust their allocation formula. Delaying new orders for a few months won't significantly address the long wait list of outstanding orders unless there is actual allocation dealers will receive that alleviates the logjam.
They should get rid of allocating and go by time stamp of orders then to clear the backlog
Sponsored