Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After buying 2 Broncos I had, to quote the Infamous El Guapo, a "plethora" of reward points and Blue Tier status. So I decided to take my F-150 in for service. My bill was about $900 and I used $400 of my Reward Points to pay for it leaving a cash balance of $500. I assumed I would get the $500 worth of Reward Points credited back to my account ($500 x 10 = 5000 points).
But they only gave me 1,300 points.
So (and maybe here's is where my mistake began) I called Ford Customer Service to ask for an explanation.
I was told to send an email to [email protected] with my documentation and I would hear back within a few days
I sent my email 8/3
No response
I sent another on 8/10 and included the phrase: "I haven't heard anything from you? At least give me the courtesy of a response"
Crickets
So this morning 8/25 I called back Ford Customer Service and they said "your case is closed"
"You can only get points for parts and labor"
So then I asked "what else does the dealer do except parts and labor?"
"Have a wonderful day sir and please hold for a brief satisfaction survey"
So I figured that at least in the survey I would say that I was "not satisfied"
So I waited and waited.
No survey
Ford Bronco Ford Pass Reward Points Experience plethora-jefewhatisaplethora
Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What were the line items on the Repair Order. There is apparently something on there that Ford is not crediting as a Ford part or Ford service.

Just because a Ford dealership sells it, does not mean it is a "Ford Approved" part or service.

OP
OP

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A cargo bed light switch and a windshield washer reservoir were both replaced
My bill totaled $915.29
Labor $675.90
Parts $174.39
I subtracted the tax

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Little off topic here but can the rewards points be used towards a new car purchase? I also have a "plethora" of points with the blue tier and I'd love to use them towards my next Bronco

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A cargo bed light switch and a windshield washer reservoir were both replaced
My bill totaled $915.29
Labor $675.90
Parts $174.39
I subtracted the tax
DM me your FP email and I'll see if you got credit for that service from Ford. If so, there should be no issue using point to pay. The caveat may be that the dealer used a body shop labor type which doesn't qualify (they don't give points for insurance claims so they exclude labor types used for the body shop)

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Little off topic here but can the rewards points be used towards a new car purchase? I also have a "plethora" of points with the blue tier and I'd love to use them towards my next Bronco
Yes can be used on a new car purchase. I used mine, and got around $400 off. Was a little hassle, and the store manager had to help. Then the dreaded finance guy didn't have my final dollar value correct on the paperwork. I told him how much it should be, told him I was going to the bathroom and walk around a bit, and when I came back, it should be fixed. He made some excuse about putting numbers in the computer based on what he'd been told. It was right, and I left with my Bronco.

Always double check the paperwork - the error is NEVER in your favor.

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After buying 2 Broncos I had, to quote the Infamous El Guapo, a "plethora" of reward points and Blue Tier status. So I decided to take my F-150 in for service. My bill was about $900 and I used $400 of my Reward Points to pay for it leaving a cash balance of $500. I assumed I would get the $500 worth of Reward Points credited back to my account ($500 x 10 = 5000 points).
But they only gave me 1,300 points.
So (and maybe here's is where my mistake began) I called Ford Customer Service to ask for an explanation.
I was told to send an email to [email protected] with my documentation and I would hear back within a few days
I sent my email 8/3
No response
I sent another on 8/10 and included the phrase: "I haven't heard anything from you? At least give me the courtesy of a response"
Crickets
So this morning 8/25 I called back Ford Customer Service and they said "your case is closed"
"You can only get points for parts and labor"
So then I asked "what else does the dealer do except parts and labor?"
"Have a wonderful day sir and please hold for a brief satisfaction survey"
So I figured that at least in the survey I would say that I was "not satisfied"
So I waited and waited.
No survey
Ford Bronco Ford Pass Reward Points Experience plethora-jefewhatisaplethora
@Ford Motor Company whats up?

Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After buying 2 Broncos I had, to quote the Infamous El Guapo, a "plethora" of reward points and Blue Tier status. So I decided to take my F-150 in for service. My bill was about $900 and I used $400 of my Reward Points to pay for it leaving a cash balance of $500.
The way I read this, you did not use all of your points, only $400 worth. What's the point? (pun intended) I use points to either pay the entire bill OR use my entire points balance to pay a portion of the bill and then pay cash for the balance. We use the Ford Pass Visa card to pay for everything which builds back a points balance pretty quick. (we pay our bill in full each month so there is never interest charges)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, I had 85,000 points which are about $425, not enough to pay for the entire bill so I had to pay cash for the rest. I just want points credit for the balance I paid in cash
Sponsored