First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received this update a few days ago and figured I would share the details here.

IMG_20230918_043659.jpg
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So a person is going to sit in their Bronco and navigate the Sync maze to connect to a public hotspot? Waste of time. Ford should spend more time just making Sync work better with phones. Perhaps go rent a VW and see how well it works.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So a person is going to sit in their Bronco and navigate the Sync maze to connect to a public hotspot? Waste of time. Ford should spend more time just making Sync work better with phones. Perhaps go rent a VW and see how well it works.
I'm going to guess this is intended to provide connectivity options for those in apartments or similar where wireless connectivity is not nearby their vehicle when parked. (And they don't understand the technical steps to hotspot/tether)

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is that why I have a goddamn wi-fi symbol on the top of my display now.

I told them no updates.

• Haha
Reactions: Rat

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that why I have a goddamn wi-fi symbol on the top of my display now.

I told them no updates.
You have always had that WiFi symbol. Perhaps you never paid attention to it before. Basically, this just expands the SSID that the WiFI adapter scans.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, you're not wrong. Sync is such a sad sad stepchild compared to the offerings from VW or BMW. Hell, all bagging on Teslas aside, their integration with their head unit is pretty damn seamless too

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think if this works and had a fast acquisition it would be like old school war driving, pretty cool.

Man, Iā€™m cracking up reading the sync4 hate comments. Every time I drive the bronco and want to change the station or open nav or do anything, out of habit I instantly grabbed for the joystick dial on center consoleā€¦.that wasnā€™t there.

Oh yeah, im in my bronco and not in my nanny-state Mazda anymore with no touch screen and a horrible black and white text based menu system looking like Iā€™m programming a BASIC routine on a TRS-80 model III.

I always smile when I remember the bronco has an effing touch screen AND a really good user interface. Man, I LOVE sync4, even with the few glitches Iā€™ve had compared to my CX5s no touch screen, rotary dial from hell BS.

Iā€™ve spent the last 35 years solely in Toyotas and Mazdas both of which seem to borrow their infotainment tech from 2002 Leapfrog products so ignorance is bliss in my case, Iā€™m perfectly happy with sync4. šŸ˜‚

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IDK - car play connectivity is just as spotty if not more intermittent once connected in my wifeā€™s 2022 GTI.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

more useless stuff I'll not use.... so many other issues that could be fixed with a software update and this is what we get?

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IDK - car play connectivity is just as spotty if not more intermittent once connected in my wifeā€™s 2022 GTI.
I have the exact opposite experience in my daughters Jetta. Blazing fast connection. Never have to wait and wonder when music will start. Iā€™m on 4th Ford with sync. Bronco has been the worst compared to our 2 Sports and Maverick. Donā€™t get me wrong. Itā€™s plenty usable. Just slowwwww. And sometimes leaves you wondering when it connects.

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Less than a week ago I just got 4.2.2. Ford seems to have difficulty rolling out these updates.
Right. Pretty sure Iā€™m still rolling around w 4.2.1. Been waiting for the 4.2.2 for awhile.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I still have no updates since 4.2.1 myself. I have no issues with Sync4, my Android auto connects every time, (wirelessly) and my sat radio plays fine. Actually, my Sync has never frozen once.

I'm fine with it.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Jesus what a worthless feature to advertise. If they had just said ā€œbetter support for wifi authentication portalsā€ no one would care. No, they have to act like they are doing us a solid.

the real reasoning behind this is saving a few bucks on paying for the embedded cellular service. Probably doesnā€™t even cover the cost of the PR person that wrote the feature update notification message.

companies need to come back to reality on some of this stuff. Every bug fix doesnā€™t need to be a huge celebration.
Sponsored