AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe FordPass is free in the way that Facebook is free. Ford is spying on your location and selling that information. I intend to avoid that app and the high/lux package for that reason.
Do you have a cellphone? If so, you can be located anywhere at anytime. Paranoid much?
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe FordPass is free in the way that Facebook is free. Ford is spying on your location and selling that information. I intend to avoid that app and the high/lux package for that reason.
Ford Bronco FordPass - Is it free? 3B323E35-1B00-4276-89FB-A769F65CC820

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do you have a cellphone? If so, you can be located anywhere at anytime. Paranoid much?
My main job is actually data science programming for a company that measures advertising impact for a living. I'm well aware of all the ins and outs of the trends in add tracking. And I refuse to go quietly into that dark night.

Ford Bronco FordPass - Is it free? 1623358965283

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My main job is actually data science programming for a company that measures advertising impact for a living. I'm well aware of all the ins and outs of the trends in add tracking. And I refuse to go quietly into that dark night.

Ford Bronco FordPass - Is it free? 1623358965283
I don’t disagree with your comment, I think many of us have just accepted some trade-off’s of convenience for tracking. But there’s definitely a fine line and we can’t swing too far one way.

I just want to be able to unlock my vehicle from my darn phone! Lol

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t disagree with your comment, I think many of us have just accepted some trade-off’s of convenience for tracking. But there’s definitely a fine line and we can’t swing too far one way.

I just want to be able to unlock my vehicle from my darn phone! Lol
I am empathetic to convenience concerns. I just thought you should be aware of the real costs to free services. Ford is in fact tracking customers using gps and selling that data.

I have not bothered to dig into the details, but I believe they are getting the data through app usage with fordpass on one end and through car gps over lte when you buy their in car wifi on the other.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am empathetic to convenience concerns. I just thought you should be aware of the real costs to free services. Ford is in fact tracking customers using gps and selling that data.

I have not bothered to dig into the details, but I believe they are getting the data through app usage with fordpass on one end and through car gps over lte when you buy their in car wifi on the other.
That would make sense. I’m sure it’s lost in the privacy disclaimer most people don’t read.

Nothing is truly free in life sadly. Appreciate your insights on this though; it is interesting stuff, no matter if you’re weirded out by it or not!

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I disabled my wifi on my subaru and don't use their app either. They charge from the get go for their door unlocking service. I turned it off when they kept emailing me about my TPMS light being on because I switched to winter wheels tires and hadn't activated the new TPMS sensors yet.

My wrangler was bought without u-connect, so no problems there.
Sponsored