JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why are people worried about being “tracked”? If you have a cell phone, it’s already a part of your life... potentially.

In the mean time, enjoy yourself and get rid of the cell phone, if that’s a concern for you. Yes, I think technology can go too far, but I’m not sure if trail maps are in that category. I could be wrong, I have been many times before.
I have a signal blocking case for my phone but it also blocks incoming calls and msg...
Sponsored

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean I guess you just don't have to download it if you don't really care about it. Nice for the newbies to get an idea of what they might be getting into though.
I was actually trying to be funny, sorry if it wasn’t clear 😔

I hope it works out better then we expect 🤞🏽

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow is this cool! I wonder how much of northern Michigan is covered. We have tons of public trails up there!
Content for this is being provided by Trails Offroad and FunTreks. You can get a sense of what trails are currently curated right now by looking at trailsoffroad.com and searching for trails in your area.

Sponsored

waveform55

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like Ford is really locking down their pitch for the Bronco -- new and experienced off-roaders alike. I'm absolutely excited about this, being a newcomer to the Bronco and off-roader community. I'm sure, as newer folks gain more experience this will probably fade into the background but this feels like a great balance between "going wild" and retaining a level of modern technology that's not in your face. Looking forward to this!

OP
OP
toughtoaster

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are going to quote an entire copyrighted article from another website you should probably at least give them credit?
seems in my editing to get the article it removed the actual link to said article. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
toughtoaster

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are going to quote an entire copyrighted article from another website you should probably at least give them credit?
Post has been updated my good forum member. Have a pleasant day

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero trails in eastern Washington or north Idaho and Montana. Hmmm, guess there is nowhere to drive off road in these parts. I wonder why we have so many 4 wheel drive vehicles here. They all must be small crawlers.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would like to know how to find trails in each state.
I was hoping for that also Dave.

Looks like you can use the search function within the app, but I would guess that you can pull up your location and zoom out and the trails will either be highlighted and visible to click on, or there will be a pin at the trail head. Similar to when you search for coffee shops and all of them within your screen pop up with little pins.

This is just my guess and how I would do it, but Ford could have gone a completely different direction.
Thanks for the info Philly. Dave, and I appreciate that bit of news, and I hope it is as you say.

I was telling the wife about this app the other day. We both agreed it would be nice if it somehow followed you, and you could check for trails as you traveled. That would be just to dang cool.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dig it! This come in handy you're out on BFE! I think this be cool when out exploring Notom-Bullfrog out in Capital Reef also all the trails around Lake Powell and Escalate area. Then toss in some of the Res's. Tuweep out by the Grand Canyon. Factory Buttes! Ohhh the thoughts of cool places to see the layers!

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here are the number of trails that are currently curated at TrailsOffroad.

1615058739451.png
It does seem the software developers have more exposure to trails in the west. Add in the fact the western states have more public lands and unpaved roads make them ideal for off-road adventures. We may have to craft our own trip routes and share the GPX files.

Here in Maine our trails are all very well known. They all lead to the LL Bean store in Freeport, Maine. The waypoints are all the Starbucks. Over the years I have earned a few trail badges while stocking up on flannel. I will have to get ready to share those GPX files as flannel becomes the Bronco preferred fabric. ;)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here are the number of trails that are currently curated at TrailsOffroad.

Ford Bronco FordPass Performance App for Bronco [Part 2] 1615058739451
It's odd it doesn't show anything in N.C. The Uhwarrie Nation Forrest has some of the best trails around. They go from "that was easy" to "Oh hell, we gonna die". :)
Sponsored