Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've read on here that Forscan won't run on an M1 ARM. I have gotten Forscan to open and run. I did this by right-clicking Forscan. I click on Properties. I then click Compatibility. Then under Windows on ARM, I go to "Change Emulation Settings." That brings up a dialog box that lets me choose "Very Strict Execution," which I choose, and "Very Strict Multi-core Operation," which I also choose. That has let Forscan open, as shown in the screenshot. My issue is that when I plug in the OBDlink EX into the Bronco, the led changes from yellow (amber) to green, as expected. However, Forscan states that there is "No Adapter Found. Please check connection and try again."

Will someone help me understand this error? I can get Forscan to open. I need that last piece getting Forscan to recognize the OBDlink EX.

Screen shot.jpeg

Screenshot 2.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 9.21.01 AM.png
Sponsored

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not familiar with parallels but I assume there is an option to allow USB passthrough for the VM, is that enabled? Another thought, could also be missing drivers or an issue with the USB adapter.

Last edited:

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am not familiar with parallels but I assume there is an option to allow USB passthrough for the VM, is that enabled? Another thought, could also be missing drivers or an issue with the USB adapter.
Exactly what I'm thinking. I use VMware Fusion, and have to enable the USB interface through the settings, then plumb it to the Windows VM.

JR

OP
OP
swampdawg

swampdawg

Wildtrak
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In Parallels you can choose which operating system controls the USB. or it will ask which one at the time of connection. Drivers are a different issue. I went into settings; there is an update drivers option. You can ask windows to search the web or you can point to a particular file that you have already downloaded. I did both. I'm sure there is something I'm not doing right.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no ARM drivers for OBDLink Ex. So until you can fix that issue you are SOL.

If you had an old Intel MacBook Pro it works fine. Use an M1/M2 MacBook Pro and it won't work until someone releases updated drivers.

Sponsored

superdude12

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey OP did you ever figure this out?

dhendriksen

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands - Loaded 2.7 with SAS and LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, man. I just got Parallels with this being one of the big reasons why. I have an M2 Macbook Pro.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are arm drivers for the odblink ex cable. I downloaded them and they work fine on my Windows on Arm Surface Pro X. Check this thread
OBDLink EX driver needed for Windows 11 ARM (scantool.net)
THANK YOU @PowerBronco !!!

This looks to be money right here. I am running an M1 MBP with Parallels and Win11. It appears getting the updated driver and using the steps linked will work. At least in theory. It will likely be a couple of days before I can confirm, but I will report back.
Sponsored