chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have TRIED talking to a few dealers about getting the FPP 2.7 tune on my FE. I got a lot of blank stares. I REALLY want to keep the warranty vs saving $125 by ordering online. To keep the warranty requires "installation" by an ASE mechanic or a Ford Dealer. Bickford, Harris, Kendall, Kirkland all didn't return calls or said no thanks.

MSRP is $825 and there are few sellers at $675-700. I found https://www.driveautosports.com/ in Everett. I asked if they could get the FPP cal kit, or would prefer if I did. I respected their ask about them getting it, and I happily paid MSRP. They will program for $170. I am fulling willing to pay the extra $200 total to keep my warranty without question.

So if you are looking to get the FPP 2.3 or 2.7 programs done they seem to be a good option. I should have mine done next week. (Far better than Ford dealers telling me they can't get my vehicle in for months)
Sponsored

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any update on this? Curious how it’s going if you did it.

Yeah the dealers are ridiculous with their 3-4 weeks backlog!

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Should be the next week- they had an IT issue (firewall) But based on what I saw at the shop, I have complete confidence (engine builds, dyno, transmissions for Dirtfish cars, shop organization and cleanliness) )

Review next week

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Should be the next week- they had an IT issue (firewall) But based on what I saw at the shop, I have complete confidence (engine builds, dyno, transmissions for Dirtfish cars, shop organization and cleanliness) )

Review next week

Any updates?

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any updates?
Yep! The FPP tune is fantastic. I had very low expectations. Good enough that I want to do it to my wife's Bronco.

Easy peasy at Drive auto sports. Very professional, organized shop. I would use them again in a heartbeat

Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep! The FPP tune is fantastic. I had very low expectations. Good enough that I want to do it to my wife's Bronco.

Easy peasy at Drive auto sports. Very professional, organized shop. I would use them again in a heartbeat
Fantastic!

To be clear, Did you supply the ProCal tuner or get it from them?

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Fantastic!

To be clear, Did you supply the ProCal tuner or get it from them?
I provided it. I am a big believer in not bringing parts to a shop. Making a few bucks on parts is their business model.

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I provided it. I am a big believer in not bringing parts to a shop. Making a few bucks on parts is their business model.
sorry to be dense, but these two statements conflict with one another.

appreciate your help and am excited to get scheduled.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought the parts from them at retail. Bringing parts into the shop hurts the profit margins and it puts an undue burden upon them to resolve any issues. My procal device had an issue. I didn't haven't to deal with it. They resolved the issue with FPP and they spent their time doing so.
It's not as bad bringing brake pads to the brake shop, but you get the drift.

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought that was what you were saying, thanks.

Sponsored

br04h

Badlands
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 FJ60, ‘17 E400, ‘19 Ducati CR, ‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is great- thanks for posting the recommendation. I picked up the FPP tune sometime around Black Friday or Christmas under $600. Have been trying to get Ford of Kirkland to install with no real success. Lots of “what’s that?” responses when I ask about it.

If I had known it was going to be such a PITA, would have gone your route and bought from somewhere legitimate that can install it.

Just sent them a message. Will update on how they deal with somebody providing the tune, rather than supplying it themselves as in your case.

OP
OP
chtucker

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is great- thanks for posting the recommendation. I picked up the FPP tune sometime around Black Friday or Christmas under $600. Have been trying to get Ford of Kirkland to install with no real success. Lots of “what’s that?” responses when I ask about it.

If I had known it was going to be such a PITA, would have gone your route and bought from somewhere legitimate that can install it.

Just sent them a message. Will update on how they deal with somebody providing the tune, rather than supplying it themselves as in your case.
It is a big enough of an effect that I want it on my wife's Bronco. Tell them Howard in the First Edition sent you.

br04h

Badlands
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘81 FJ60, ‘17 E400, ‘19 Ducati CR, ‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did that go?
Went well! Was in and out in about 30min. As Chtucker called out, they are a great shop. Going to use them to do some work on my FJ60.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went well! Was in and out in about 30min. As Chtucker called out, they are a great shop. Going to use them to do some work on my FJ60.
Thank you! So they had no problem installing the tune with a tuner you supplied and purchased somewhere else?

If so, I'm going to be giving them a call soon. While it's easy enough to do yourself, I don't want to be effing around with Ford if a warranty issue comes up with anything.
Sponsored