Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi. Long story short, somebody pulled out in front of me at an intersection and caused about $15k worth of damage on my three-week-old ‘23 Bronco Base. That was in early February and here we are in mid-May and I still don’t have my Bronco back.

by early April, the body shop/service department finished all the repairs they had identified but now they keep getting error codes indicating an issue with the Restraint Module. When I call my dealer, they usually say they’re going back and forth with the Ford Engineers/hotline to figure out what’s causing the issue. So far they’ve replaced two Restraint Modules and they’re still having issues. They’re not sure if it’s a “programming” or “hardware” issue.

When I call they use a bunch of technical terms I don’t understand. All I can see on my end are the error alerts (below) in my Ford app.

Can anyone here help decipher what’s happening and tell me if this is common? Any idea on a fix or suggestions? It seems like my dealer is at the mercy of Ford and it isn’t going well. I want my damn Bronco back. It’s sunny and 83* here today. Perfect top-off weather. Also, Ford needs to get their sh*t together and be ready to help dealers with a fix immediately. None of this waiting for support with no timeline for replying. Been a Ford guy my whole life. Currently feeling like this is the last one I’ll ever own. Even if it’s a great truck to drive, is it possible that the Bronco is also a piece of fragile electronic junk?

Ford Bronco Fragile electronic junk? Post-crash error codes issue 07B3508A-E829-48F3-A245-8DC9E10D5842
Ford Bronco Fragile electronic junk? Post-crash error codes issue CBCA5D36-FE9F-4E7B-B9A9-8D6EAC7F90D3
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The errors listed on that app aren’t going to help decipher anything. These aren’t DTCs, they’re just generic warnings.

OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The errors listed on that app aren’t going to help decipher anything. These aren’t DTCs, they’re just generic warnings.
Bummmmmmmer.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bummmmmmmer.
Yep. Even with the DTCs, it would be virtually impossible diagnose something like that without having the vehicle. There’s a whole lot of things that could potentially be at fault. If you aren’t happy with what the dealership is doing, I recommend taking it to a different one for a second opinion.

OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep. Even with the DTCs, it would be virtually impossible diagnose something like that without having the vehicle. There’s a whole lot of things that could potentially be at fault. If you aren’t happy with what the dealership is doing, I recommend taking it to a different one for a second opinion.
Appreciate the replies. I trust this dealer and my dad retired from there so it’s a little awkward to take it elsewhere. Also, not sure how it works with my insurance since I have a check from them already made out to the dealer doing the repairs.

Sponsored

Heavy_GD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OBX non Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to sound harsh here, but trade it in and move on.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you have damage to your doors? I hit a deer awhile back with damage to the drivers door. All other damage was cosmetic, grill, drivers fender, headlight, etc. Never got into the engine compartment so was still drivable.

While it was at the body shop, they removed the drivers door to repair/replace. On my Fordpass app I got the Restraint Indicator Warning message... I do not know if the warning came up on the dash as I was not there to see it. Once the door was put back on the message went away. Not sure if it's related in your case.

OP
OP
GPPBronco

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not to sound harsh here, but trade it in and move on.
Not harsh, but the math doesn’t really work. Not sure there’s a strong trade-in value for a five month old vehicle with inoperable restraint systems. And I’m not looking to take a loss and trade in for a 4-door big bend.
Sponsored