Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the black diamond and love it. When trying to decide between it and the badlands, the ability to see terrain in front of me when going up and over something had me debating the high package. I figured I could get a front camera after market.

Anyone try this? I have to have the front license plate anyway and I figure I could hook up power to one of the switches and then view it on my iPhone which is already mounted in an ideal location. Price is decent also.

License Plate Wireless Backup Camera, WiFi Rear View Camera, LASTBUS 170° View Angle Universal IP69 Waterproof Car License Plate Frame Camera for Car Truck SUV Pickup Trailer Van Camper https://a.co/d/7fBPY4z
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got the black diamond and love it. When trying to decide between it and the badlands, the ability to see terrain in front of me when going up and over something had me debating the high package. I figured I could get a front camera after market.

Anyone try this? I have to have the front license plate anyway and I figure I could hook up power to one of the switches and then view it on my iPhone which is already mounted in an ideal location. Price is decent also.

License Plate Wireless Backup Camera, WiFi Rear View Camera, LASTBUS 170° View Angle Universal IP69 Waterproof Car License Plate Frame Camera for Car Truck SUV Pickup Trailer Van Camper https://a.co/d/7fBPY4z
Update in case anyone was debating this. It works but loses connection constantly. I'm returning it. As I look at other wireless solutions, reviews are pretty consistent. Some people get it to work but many struggle with reliable connection. Seems a hard-wired solution is still the best.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been looking at wired options similar to the one you tried. Most include 150 degree view angle camera, I noticed your's was 170. Do you think 150 would work compared to how the 170 you evaluated looked?

OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been looking at wired options similar to the one you tried. Most include 150 degree view angle camera, I noticed your's was 170. Do you think 150 would work compared to how the 170 you evaluated looked?
Yes

OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would be interested in what you find, if it works and where you run the wire.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Necro bumping this thread. Any suggestions for a good license plate camera?
Sponsored