First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Badlands, SAS, Lux, 2.7L, 10 spd, Tow
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was looking underneath my Bronco after a full day of highway driving when I noticed the transmission crossbar frame looked "wet." I crawled under there and found a gray, viscous fluid (see pics) coating the cross frame bar which is possibly coming from the end of my front driveshaft where the bellow appears to have come apart (or torn or separated).

Not sure how long it's been like this because the fluid isn't leaking onto the floor of my garage. It's either a very small leak or all the fluid leaked out earlier on the long trip.

No warning lights and no apparent issue with the way it steers/drives. Have it going to the dealer this week but they're so swamped, I doubt I'll hear anything about my Bronco for another 10-14 days. Anyone else have this issue or know what might be going on?

'21 Badlands, SAS. Lux, 2.7L, 10 spd, Tow, 6800 miles

Driveshaft.jpg

Driveshaft 1.jpg

Driveshaft 2.jpg

Driveshaft 3.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
COHorn

COHorn

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The boot spilt or came loose & is spitting grease. Take it in for warranty to address.
Interesting, you thinking it's just grease? That'd be good news. Will let you know what the dealer says. Thanks, man.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, you thinking it's just grease? That'd be good news. Will let you know what the dealer says. Thanks, man.
Yep, just grease. No immediate issue, long term running 4-wheel drive will cause wear.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bellows is covering a slide spine system that allows the length of the shaft to adjust as the suspension moves through its range. They greased it rather than using an end seal, likely to ensure the grease doesn't go away if you go through high water.
650.125-e1533836810563.jpg

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
COHorn

COHorn

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, just grease. No immediate issue, long term running 4-wheel drive will cause wear.
Yup, this was the case. And since Ford doesn't supply the bellow as a separate part, they ended up replacing the entire driveshaft assembly. All covered by warranty.

Dino357

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Wild trac /95 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was looking underneath my Bronco after a full day of highway driving when I noticed the transmission crossbar frame looked "wet." I crawled under there and found a gray, viscous fluid (see pics) coating the cross frame bar which is possibly coming from the end of my front driveshaft where the bellow appears to have come apart (or torn or separated).

Not sure how long it's been like this because the fluid isn't leaking onto the floor of my garage. It's either a very small leak or all the fluid leaked out earlier on the long trip.

No warning lights and no apparent issue with the way it steers/drives. Have it going to the dealer this week but they're so swamped, I doubt I'll hear anything about my Bronco for another 10-14 days. Anyone else have this issue or know what might be going on?

'21 Badlands, SAS. Lux, 2.7L, 10 spd, Tow, 6800 miles

Ford Bronco Front Driveshaft Leaking Fluid 650.125-e1533836810563

Yeah I drove my bronco all day and night yesterday parked it about 3 am, everything was good.
I went out this afternoon and I saw the reddish fluid underneath my bronco.

I crawled underneath and it seemed to be coming from where the yellow drain plug to the tranny is but I have a bash plate underneath my truck and everything's dry extend my hand on top of the the plate and I touched around the screw the yellow plug and it's all dry but I did notice some slight Gray underneath the stabilizer bar and on the plate.
I'm going to have to go and check the boots I do notice that there's a space between two metal pieces and one sides rusted and the other side seems to be normal but there's at least a quarter inch gap on 1/8 of an inch cap so I think it's one of the axles but it's on both sides like that.
Sponsored