Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went wheeling this past weekend and discovered the front-facing camera options only work while you are in a GOAT mode.

So you lose camera function if you want to manually select 4H because maybe a GOAT mode isn't ideal for what you are doing at that moment.

What's worse is the message on the screen is "For your safety, some features have been disabled while you are driving."

Really? You mean I can't use the camera to see over this hill and the terrain below while my hood is blocking my view because I don't want to use a GOAT mode?

I read in the forum that you can't use the camera in the non-GOAT mode because of regulations of not being able to have the front camera active on the road. Well, if I am in 4H, I am probably off-road. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess I will now be using the GOAT modes only...
Sponsored

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, that is a bit annoying. Regulations suck sometimes.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have been hoping for a forscan solution to turn the front cameras on at any time. You don’t have to be in a goat mode to use it in 4L, and I thought Baja mode was the only one where it worked in 4h. Does it work in 4h when you’re in any other goat modes?

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been hoping for a forscan solution to turn the front cameras on at any time. You don’t have to be in a goat mode to use it in 4L, and I thought Baja mode was the only one where it worked in 4h. Does it work in 4h when you’re in any other goat modes?
Yeah pretty sure it worksin Sand and mud and ruts as well.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish there was a solution for increasing the speed limits of the camera and sway bar disconnect. 5 and 25 are awfully conservative and somewhat limit the usefulness. Much like manual control outside of the GOAT modes, I want manual control of the rest of the offroad kit.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford (and maybe the regulators?) probably think that the camera would be a distraction if you were tooling down the road at highway speeds, or even, say, 20 mph. For the same reason, I see that I can't enter in data into the GPS-Directions menu. Have to pull over, or wait for a red light. Frustrating to me, because I'm retired law enforcement and I ran data while driving at street and highway speeds all the time.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went wheeling this past weekend and discovered the front-facing camera options only work while you are in a GOAT mode.

So you lose camera function if you want to manually select 4H because maybe a GOAT mode isn't ideal for what you are doing at that moment.

What's worse is the message on the screen is "For your safety, some features have been disabled while you are driving."

Really? You mean I can't use the camera to see over this hill and the terrain below while my hood is blocking my view because I don't want to use a GOAT mode?

I read in the forum that you can't use the camera in the non-GOAT mode because of regulations of not being able to have the front camera active on the road. Well, if I am in 4H, I am probably off-road. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess I will now be using the GOAT modes only...
Sadly you have to be going under 5 MPH.
Sponsored