First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For testing, I used this and attached to grill. Pretty good grip and suitable for most off-road stuff:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C882D4M?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

This is what I ordered today, now that I got it working. Should handle rougher stuff, just not as centered. As long as I can see over the hood. it should work.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B499ZLT5?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I'll post an update after my next off-road experience.
Killer idea all the way around on this one. Your current mounting solution will end up with a missing GoPro though unless you stick to real low speed stuff off road.
Your second option is a bit more robust looking but I’m guessing it’s going to wiggle pretty good still. I had a heck of the time keeping any cameras on my vehicle externally and went with a 4K dashcam instead and put it up behind my rear view mirror. BlackVue makes webcams that stream real time 4K over the internet with pretty low latency. Also streams local if you connect to it’s built in wifi. Downside is it loses functionality when the windshield gets really dirty.

Somewhere I have a full post on it but you have a good idea going already.
Sponsored

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
The GoPro is a decent solution if you already have one. Prior to Naviks install I ran around with a Hero Black and a spare phone on the dash.

Battery life and intermittent connectivity issues are a challenge with that setup but nothing that isn’t manageable.

I used this mounting system on the Ford mod bumper hoop, very secure.

Daystar KU71108KV Pro Mount, POV Camera Mounting System (Fits most Pro Style Cameras) https://a.co/d/2MrBFfJ

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Tex There were a couple, but the Naviks is the one that comes to mind.
Prev Post
credit to @cjindna who did the hard work. RIP that dash
Cool, that was the one I had found as well. Had to do the same with my dash (3 times LOL) after I installed 4DTech's motion and 360 unlock, install is not great but it's not bad either. I've been wondering mostly if the Naviks makes the 4DTech modules redundant, they use the same connectors.

Cencal Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Awesome! I have an old Hero 3 and you can only use the screen on your phone as it does not have a screen. I was thinking about how to mount this to the front, I never thought about the trail guides. Great idea! I will be trying this soon.

adrewpower

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I considered doing this with a Hero5 session. It’s about the same size as the OE factory front camera. The problem I was finding was the delay as video streamed to the phone. Do newer GoPros not have the delay issue?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ironiguana

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I considered doing this with a Hero5 session. It’s about the same size as the OE factory front camera. The problem I was finding was the delay as video streamed to the phone. Do newer GoPros not have the delay issue?
Very slight delay on the hero 9. Not enough to negatively effect the purpose of the front camera view.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can you provide the link for the camera?
@AZSky , sorry, I missed your post.
Here is the one I ended up using.
In hindsight, I would opt for its bigger brother here. It has higher resolution and a slightly larger screen, but comes at a slightly higher price.
Sponsored