Sponsored

Gaming the system is causing the back log.

Do you THINK so many people placing multiple orders is causing a lot more back log on Broncos.

• Yes

• No, It makes no difference, Ford just hates me.

Results are only viewable after voting.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Great attitude from Chiraq resident. šŸ™‚
It's interesting that I'm reading about "playing the game" to get a Bronco, which I happen to agree with, if a person is willing to put in the work. What I find interesting is initially many buyers "played the game" and put reservations in with dealers who were advertising a good deal for the buyer within Ford's stated production rules. Fast forward 18 months and those buyers and dealers are crucified at times even though Ford and mega dealers changed the rules. Interesting how things play out.

I'll wait until my number is called with the reservation I have currently. If I get a bad feeling about my current daily driver (04 F150), then I might also find a more local dealer and play the game. LOL, until then I'll operate with patience. Good luck everyone!
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't blame the genuine buyer (leaving out those who are only looking to resell). Ford has not kept their word and changed the rules. I could be viewed as one of those who "gamed the system". But I only did what was in my best interest.

Back in the summer of 2020, Ford had stated that they were going to build reservations first. Ford tried to control the volume of reservations by limiting them to 2 per name/address. The $100 was not enough of a barrier to stem the volume of reservations by friends, family, and employees of dealerships who had no intent of buying the Bronco for their own use. Ford should have closed reservations at the end of 2020 if not sooner. But they continued to allow reservations to be made through 2021.

When MY'21 production began, Ford reneged on their "Reservations First" policy by introducing dealer stock under the guise that lower spec'd Broncos were not ordered, but could be produced and they had to keep MAP running. Then in the fall, the allocation rules were changed for MY'22 and many of us realized that we had drew the short stick as we would be waiting for years to get our Bronco. Fine. Some of us continued to want to adhere to our original reservation, but wanted the chance to get it sooner than MY'25. Levine proclaimed in October of 2021, "You can move your reservation". There is a thread with his exact words in the thread title, yet we found out that it was another falsehood. Many individuals attempted to abide by Ford's process only to find out there was no process. Only after coming to the realization (for some it took longer than others) that the reservation couldn't be transferred, we were left with waiting in line at our dealership or creating a new order with another dealer.

Waiting for 5 years from original reservation date was untenable. I found a dealer that had plenty of allocation (the only true constraint). In fact, I found 3 that indicated that there was no concern that I wouldn't receive a MY'22 Bronco. I ordered the exact same build at all 3 dealers. My Bronco is built (3/14) and is awaiting delivery. I cancelled the one order. And I have the other, along with my original reservation, set to a priority code '99.

What I did, anyone else could have done. I was content to play Ford's game with the original rules in place even if that meant waiting. But Ford changed the rules after the game started, I only adapted to the rule changes to suit my interest.
I like that you got a date but why are you hanging on to the others? This is where the problem is.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like that you got a date but why are you hanging on to the others? This is where the problem is.
They aren't a "problem" as they are '99'd. The Granger order besides the promotion on their part also entitles me to price protection. The Bronco that was just ordered in October '21, built, and is pending delivery will have the price protection voucher applied to it as the original reservation order triggers it. That same order will trigger another price protection voucher for MY'23 (and however long Ford continues to do so). The other '99'd order is at a high allocation dealer. I don't want to give up my spot in line at that dealer. I've only stepped aside for the time being. Ford has set a precedent with the Everglades Edition being only available to unscheduled order holders for MY'22. They will likely institute a similar availability for the Heritage Edition. If the Heritage Edition is what I'm expecting, than I want the option to have an unscheduled order at a high allocation dealer that I can convert that order to the Heritage Edition. If the Heritage is only available as a Moar Door (blasphemy!) like the Everglades Edition, than I'll cancel the '99'd order with that dealership. I won't ever cancel the Granger Order. By the time my spot fits in their allocation, my Bronco built now will be 3-4 years old. I'll relegate it as a trail rig and get a new one availing myself of the $2K below invoice.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You don't really fall into the category as "gaming the system" since you canceled or 99'd the other orders after getting a build. If you got a build and left the other orders out there to get built and take up parts then you would fall into this category. It's the people with multiple orders that let them all get built and only want one that are detrimental to people still waiting.
Basically if people order multiples and only want one and allow the others to get built, that's a middle finger to the people still waiting. That's your right though, screw the others you got yours!
Several people have tried to cancel their orders through their dealer, but the dealer doesnā€™t cancel, just so they can get more inventory. Seen plenty of examples on here. People still getting emails from Ford about a build that they donā€™t even recognize.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could be viewed as one of those who "gamed the system". But I only did what was in my best interest.
I donā€™t blame you for doing what you did, but isnā€™t this kind of the point of this thread? Some people get screwed by the backlog because of others doing whatā€™s in their best interest? Dealers charging adm are also just doing whatā€™s in their best interest, and keeping the canceled reservations...also in their best interest, right? Iā€™m not trying to pretend like I wouldnā€™t have placed another order after seeing it work for others (if I didnā€™t already have my bronco), but Iā€˜d still know that I made some poor bastard wait longer for his Bronco, and that I gave some dealer an extra Bronco to markup and sell.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, $500 would have weeded people out for sure.
There are 2 problems here 1) Ford took too many reservations and they knew it 2) they allowed dealerships to place orders for people with out reservations ahead reservation holders
Wasn't everyone originally maxed out at 2 reservations? Most of the non serious people should've been sorted out by now because there were several cutoffs. One, to convert reservation to an order either a 19 or 99 and dealers should be actively making sure through the whole process orders were getting converted or cancelled. There should NOT be any customer canceled reservations in the system unless a VIN has already been assigned. The people still 99'd aren't a problem as most are likely waiting for a MOD top (at least that is true in the case of our 99 folks).

I don't believe the 99 folks will have any advantage when MOD comes out even with an early time stamp unless the commodity thing in no longer an issue across the board. Webasto still can't produce enough MIC tops and I don't see any reason to believe MOD won't suffer the same fate.

Big thing is dealer need to keep working their reservations/orders and making sure they are buildable, cancel if it doesn't have a VIN and customer no longer wants. If a current reservation holder takes an abandoned order, the understanding should be they cancel theirs. The last one is the biggest, IMO.
Ford said last year that any cancel orders still going get built .

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not gaming the system if it works and is allowed. There is no shady business there. One question is why would one not order multiple? Even from multiple dealers if yours has many orders? Seems wise to have done it this way. "Gaming the system" seems to imply a bitter stance out of envy. Which, I would be in the same boat if I had not been scheduled yet.
peoples point is that people who placed multiple orders but only planned on buying one of them making people in line waiting in line wait longer and why would you place multiple orders if you only planned to buy one of them .

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On your 2016 purchase, did you order sight unseen?

The Bronco launch is completely different. I doubt most people would be willing to lose $1,000 on a vehicle they have zero chance to see in person and zero chance to test drive.
then they could have waited it out until they felt comfortable. Being able to run all around town and order the same vehicle at 4 or 5 places has done nothing more than add to the debacle.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, but did you drop a $1K non-refundable deposit on a vehicle you ordered prior to seeing it and test driving it?

I know I wouldn't have done that. Most others wouldn't either, especially FoMoCo knows people wouldn't either.
actually I did.

Ford could have had mannequins set up at dealerships prior to reservations and ordering for people to test drive and see. I personally drove 5 hours to see a Bronco before ordering took place. It was at Supercel East and helped me decide exactly what I wanted. A $100 refundable deposit is just stupid especially a model year after the things been released.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I donā€™t blame you for doing what you did, but isnā€™t this kind of the point of this thread? Some people get screwed by the backlog because of others doing whatā€™s in their best interest? Dealers charging adm are also just doing whatā€™s in their best interest, and keeping the canceled reservations...also in their best interest, right? Iā€™m not trying to pretend like I wouldnā€™t have placed another order after seeing it work for others (if I didnā€™t already have my bronco), but Iā€˜d still know that I made some poor bastard wait longer for his Bronco, and that I gave some dealer an extra Bronco to markup and sell.
A bit disingenuous to trim my entire post and summarize it to just that statement. I clearly explained that I was willing to wait with Ford committing to the original parameters of the reservation system. They changed the rules. I merely adapted. If people don't recognize that Ford is at fault with the process, I can't convince them otherwise. If people need a boogeyman to blame, I'll be that guy. I make no apologies for not being willing to wait 5 maybe 6 years from time of reservation to receiving my Bronco. If the original parameters were adhered to, then I would have been content to receive my Bronco in MY'22 or MY'23 the latest.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford said last year that any cancel orders still going get built .
Please site. Not calling you out but I don't recall seeing or hearing this. Ford is asking us to cancel orders when requested by customers or when we know the customer isn't going to take. This is for reservations/orders that don't have assigned VINs. This is to help clear out some of the backlog in the scheduling system, allow customers to move up in the dealer's order group and help curtail the abandoned order ADM mess some dealers are engaged in.

I know they've said their intent is to build as many orders as possible but if they don't have components they are going to try and keep the plant working by building "stock". I don't know if that is still the plan but it was last year. We didn't see any "stock" last year nor have been told there would be any incoming. If we did, the plan is to offer it to one of our current reservation holders with the understanding their standing reservation gets cancelled. I don't see that happening because it doesn't appear there's much significant production taking place.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not THAT many people placed additional orders. Even if it was 5000 duplicates, MAP could knock it out in a few weeks.

Ford broke their own system that they set up.
Sponsored