First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend, '19 JLU Rubi, '07 JKU Rubi, '04 F350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since we got our BB Bronco last year, we have been working on an aftermarket subwoofer system. Let's face it, the 6 speaker system sucks!

We had planned on replacing all factory speakers, but after adding our sub, we found there was no need.

Our design has been finalized. We are now considering offering these to the market. The box is designed around the Kicker CompRT 8" sub and Kicker Key500.1 amp. BTW.... we are now a Kicker distributor :cool: . The enclosure is about 0.4 cubic feet, sealed design. Although you could pair any 8" sub and amp combo you wanted, as long as the 8" is a shallow-mounted sub. There is about 4-1/8" of mounting depth. The box fits cleanly behind the rear panel, in the stock B&O location, after removing the storage pocket from the panel. The Key amp is mounted to the top of the box. The stock B&O amp should fit there as well. But this is not tested. The design is for a 4Door. We have not tested on a 2Door yet....

This is not a system to rattle the windows blocks away or set off car alarms as you drive by.
This is a system to inject a great amount of quality bass into a very bass-lacking system.

We plan on having our design custom-molded for us. This is going to take a very long time to make the tooling. But for right now, we are 3D printing the box. Yes, 3D PRINTED, all in one piece. The only drawback to 3d printing is the 28-hour print time per box. The box is coated inside to seal and prevent air leakage. The opening is specifically for the CompRT 8" (7in Diameter Hole). The hole can be opened up with a die grinder for other brands. Need a smaller hole, DM us.

This system has been tested with EDM, Dubstep, New Rock, Hard Rock, New Country, and Cali Ska. All sounds great!

We will sell the box by itself and complete systems with sub and amp.

Enclosure - $275.99
  • Box ONLY
  • Mounting Hardware
Enclosure/Sub - $444.95
  • Enclosure
  • Kicker CompRT 8" 2ohm Sub
  • Mounting Hardware
Complete Setup - $755.96
  • Enclosure
  • Kicker Key500.1 Mono Amp
  • Kicker Bass Remote Knob
  • Mounting Hardware
What's not included:
  • Amp wire and speaker wire
  • Fuse Block
  • Signal wire to RCA
  • Small amount of polyfill

Here is the CompRT specs:
https://www.kicker.com/comp-rt-8-2-ohm-subwoofer

Enclosure Specs:
  • ~0.4 CuFt inside volume
  • Sealed Box
  • Made from PETG plastic
  • Printed as one continuous piece
  • About 24"x10"x9" in size.
  • 4-1/8" MAX speaker mounting depth
  • Includes the gill mesh for the rear panel
Available now: ORDER HERE

Due to the nature of 3D printing, there may be surface imperfections. This does not affect performance. The box is hidden behind the panel, so it will not be seen.

DESIGNED AND MADE IN THE USA!

Ford Bronco GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure sub box v30 3D Print v9

Ford Bronco GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure 20230227_180312

Ford Bronco GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure 20230406_102343
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very cool option. had i not had my 12" gate mounted would have definitely considered it.

Question - any chance to build one that houses a 10" in the same area? Given the JL will be out shortly, your option may be more desirable for many.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very cool option. had i not had my 12" gate mounted would have definitely considered it.

Question - any chance to build one that houses a 10" in the same area? Given the JL will be out shortly, your option may be more desirable for many.
The 10" eats up some of the space in the box we need to mount the amp. But, we "were" working on an inverse mounted 12". :ROFLMAO:

We want to get this one off the ground first tho.

To be honest, this 8" is great.

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 10" eats up some of the space in the box we need to mount the amp. But, we "were" working on an inverse mounted 12". :ROFLMAO:

We want to get this one off the ground first tho.

To be honest, this 8" is great.
I think the mount amp is less important but fair enough.. So many places to mount a key - I have both of mine mounted above the glove box area. 10" is just a a more versatile woofer overall with a lot more options - especially if you maintain that depth.

Sponsored

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What material are you using for the printing?

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Forgot the mention, 10" sub puts the box size outside our printing area. Won't fit on the machine

It is made from black PETG. Been testing for about 5 months now.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How does the final look look once you put the panel back on? How did you cover the removed pocket?

Looks good
The best way is to use a Forstner bit. Cut slowly till you breach the melted studs. See photo

Here is an older photo with a MA sub.

20230114_091027.jpg

20230109_165932.jpg

20230109_170020.jpg

20230109_170143.jpg

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang…I just put my RT8 up for sale in the classifieds section…maybe I should take it down.

Sponsored

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ohh i like this! Definitely a great option! Thanks for sharing! Mine will have the 7th speaker credit.

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ohh i like this! Definitely a great option! Thanks for sharing! Mine will have the 7th speaker credit.
You may still have the housing for the 7th speaker. I'm not sure but I think there's a dummy amp and speaker in that space. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we got our BB Bronco last year, we have been working on an aftermarket subwoofer system. Let's face it, the 6 speaker system sucks!

We had planned on replacing all factory speakers, but after adding our sub, we found there was no need.

Our design has been finalized. We are now considering offering these to the market. The box is designed around the Kicker CompRT 8" sub and Kicker Key500.1 amp. BTW.... we are now a Kicker distributor :cool: . The enclosure is about 0.4 cubic feet, sealed design. Although you could pair any 8" sub and amp combo you wanted, as long as the 8" is a shallow-mounted sub. There is about 4.25" of mounting depth. The box fits cleanly behind the rear panel, in the stock B&O location, after removing the storage pocket from the panel. The Key amp is mounted to the top of the box. The stock B&O amp should fit there as well. But this is not tested. The design is for a 4Door. We have not tested on a 2Door yet....

This is not a system to rattle the windows blocks away or set off car alarms as you drive by.
This is a system to inject a great amount of quality bass into a very bass-lacking system.

We plan on having our design custom molded for us. This is going to take a very long time to make the tooling. But for right now, we are 3D printing the box. Yes, 3D PRINTED, all in one piece. The only drawback to 3d printing is the 20Hr print time per box (almost one day!). The box is coated in resin to seal and prevent air leakage. The opening is specifically for the CompRT 8" (7in Diameter Hole). The hole can be opened up with a die grinder for other brands. Need a smaller hole, DM us.

This system has been tested with EDM, Dubstep, New Rock, Hard Rock, New Country, and Cali Ska. All sound great!

We will sell the box by itself and complete systems with sub and amp.

Enclosure - $275.99
  • Box ONLY
  • Mounting Hardware
Enclosure/Sub - $444.95
  • Enclosure
  • Mounting Hardware
Complete Setup - $755.96
  • Enclosure
  • Kicker Key500.1 Mono Amp
  • Kicker Bass Remote Knob
  • Mounting Hardware
What's not included:
  • Amp wire
  • Fuse Block
  • Signal wire to RCA
Here is the CompRT specs:
https://www.kicker.com/comp-rt-8-2-ohm-subwoofer

DM us if you would like to place a pre-order.

Due to the nature of 3D printing, there may be surface imperfections. This does not affect performance. The box is hidden behind the panel, so it will not be seen.

DESIGNED AND MADE IN THE USA!

Ford Bronco GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure 20230109_170143

Ford Bronco GEARSHADE: Custom Made 8" Subwoofer Enclosure 20230109_170143
Definitely interested!

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks great! I am interested. I already have an 8” sub and amp mounted there but I feel like it could look and sound better.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

interested. If I could get this now and find a high schooler to install it for me for cheap, I would pay today. I upgraded all four 4" speakers in my Wildtrak High pkg, and Ford dealer recalibrated it as if I had added the sound bar (to let full signal go to rear speakers) - made a huge difference in sound quality. But alas, it still lacks bass. I've been waiting for a hidden production solution like this. I have no interest in any kind of cabinet that takes up storage space.
Sponsored