First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sure every one has 'their sob story' but here is mine (sorry a little long.).

On July 13th within 1 minute of the ordering opening, I had an order for a Badlands 2.7L Sasquatch with MIC in Cyber Orange. After failing to confirm my credit card numerous times over the next 5 hours of constantly re-entering the order I got a confirmation in the wee hours of July 14th--my first order.

On the morning of July 15th I started thinking I wanted a WildTrak instead. Not sure if we were going to be allowed to switched models (details were sketchy in the early days) I successfully put a second order in same specs as the Badlands. Both where sent to my local Ford dealer here in FL.

Fast forward to February 2021 and now I can see I can switch my models. I was going to cancel my second July 15th order when a friend of mine in NC wanted one so I kept the July 15th order and when spec'd, he wanted a BD 2.3L no Sasquatch soft top in A51 color.

Guess what happens: I get a June 28th build date on second Bronco (originally June 21st but later delayed),c a July 27th delivery date and I picked it up on July 29th. Even though this is not "my" Bronco, I have it for a month and am breaking it in before my friend get here in Sept to drive it back to NC. Although the smaller engine model and manual transmission and soft top, the experience only confirmed I want my Badlands as spec'd.

But here is the insult (in case any of you have not been to your Ford dealer in the past week): when I pulled up last Thursday to get my friend's Bronco there is a WT pretty much spec'd like what I want except soft top. I tell the salesman I will take that one and they can have my order when it gets built. But no....Ford just shipped a bunch of WT's and Badlands with Sasquatch in Cyber Orange with soft tops to its dealer network as "demos" to drum up even more orders that cannot fill.

Why do I say this? After speaking to 15 Ford dealers over the weekend, none of these Demos are available for sale until they Broncos log 2000+ miles and get this "7 months" of break-in. It appears Ford was worried this would get flipped and actually is penalizing dealers from selling but yet why 7 months? This tells me they do not expect to see a lot of shipments for several months.

Now to the good part of the story...Friday night my friend whom has owned like 7 Defenders tells me about the limited run (225?) of the Defender Trophy. If you did not see the announcement (most missed it), here is a good link:

https://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles/defender/trophy-edition.html

On Friday night details were sketchy (some where telling me the wait time was 6 months but the dealers were definitely surprised on this new limited model.) I tried to put an order on on locally in FL only to be told they were only expecting 1 and already sold it. I check my dealer in CT same story. I spent the weekend calling dealers near my to be told they were getting only 1 and it was sold or they did not expect any.

Finally Monday morning (yesterday) I was able to locate a dealer that had 1 unsold and bought it last night sight unseen. Funny story is if you look at the picture it reminds me a lot of how my Bronco spec'd.

But here is the beautiful part of the story: Land Rover built these vehicles in March 2021 and shipped them in July. As of yesterday they are at the Alabama Port and due to dealers this Friday. That is...no six month wait. Dealers were pleasantly surprised as are going to be the buyers. Instant gratificaiton.

Back to my Bronco...I am pretty upset at this point. I cannot believe that now that Ford has ramped up production, that they cannot at least give you a build month indication. Pretty poor logistical planning. But that Demo program rollout pisses me off...there are 3007 Ford dealers in the USA so that 3007 Broncos that could have gone to early orders they did not fulfill yet. As a loyal Ford owner (2018 Raptor and other Ford cars in the past) this is just piss poor.

Oh and bt the way Land Rover took a page out of Ford Raptor School and now Bronco School and announced this contest:

https://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles/defender/trophy-edition-terms-and-conditions.html

I will be sending my $1000 contest fee in soon so wish me luck....maybe I will get lucky and show up at Defender School in a new Bronco in October but I highly doubt it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.