GM Warns Dealers Against Market Adjustments on Z06

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At least for the ZO6.
For now. But looks like he is targeting upcoming sales of the Chevrolet Silverado EV, GMC HUMMER EVs, GMC Sierra EV, and Cadillac LYRIQ as well.

This is pretty interesting. Why Ford doesn't take similar action is mind boggling.

GM will be forced to take action if it learns of any unethical sales practices or brokering activities that undermine the integrity that customers expect from the Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac brands. For the small minority of bad actors that are engaging in the conduct identified above, this letter serves as notice that GM reserves the right to redirect your vehicle allocation or take other recourse prescribed by the Dealer Sales and Service Agreement.
Now if they actually follow through with any action remains to be seen.

Sponsored

DesertDweller

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For now. But looks like he is targeting upcoming sales of the Chevrolet Silverado EV, GMC HUMMER EVs, GMC Sierra EV, and Cadillac LYRIQ as well.

This is pretty interesting. Why Ford doesn't take similar action is mind boggling.

Now if they actually follow through with any action remains to be seen.
Hopefully they do, and raise the bar back to acceptable customer service levels. The pandemic has done a number on everything in that department.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully they do, and raise the bar back to acceptable customer service levels. The pandemic has done a number on everything in that department.
The pandemic has brought out the worst in everyone.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Ford...
Looks like that allocation model really can work both ways. Now you can use it to curtail these dealer behaviors that reflect poorly on Ford instead of just using it against dealers that you feel charge too little. I don't think you realize, or maybe you don't care, how many potential and current customers have been alienated with the Ford brand over the actions of your dealers and Ford's apathetic attitude. As much as I like my Bronco, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't have the thought that it might be the last Ford purchase I will ever make. If I'm having these thoughts after being a life-long Ford fan/owner, I can guarantee that I'm not alone. Ensure that all of these fine folks still waiting receive the same fair and honest treatment that I received from my dealer, and fix the seeming lack of QC, and make these thoughts be forgotten.

Last edited:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Their penalty is to remove rear parking assist from the vehicles (see separate news item on chip shortage)
Sponsored