Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went solo to Tx. It would have been better with the wife, my son, or a friend. Same here schedules couldn’t align and my son was too young at the time- think they have to be 13. I did ride with the guides- didn’t like it, only one was enthusiastic the others were ho hum or know it alls. I took my wife to a drive event close to home a few months later and she said she wishes she would have gone to the off-roadeo. With them opening it to go again and charging $2K for second visits, I’m sure you could find a plus 1 on here to go as your guest.
Was the enthusiastic guide named Ace? She was our guide and she was great. We had one guy who was solo and he went with Ace. I could see someone not wanting to be first, even with the guide, since you don't really get to see how others take the obstacles.

At least if you go to Texas, avoid the associated hotel; it's an expensive trap (the owner is also a 50% owner in the offroad park w/Ford). I would have stayed in Llano had I known, it's not too far away (that part of Central Texas is a little sparse).
Sponsored

BroncoLV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, 88.5 Suzuki Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't it $500 - $600 to bring a guest, or can you bring your wife for free?
This is exactly why I went solo this last weekend. There was only 3 groups including me and I was the lead Bronco with the Instructor and the instructor said he wouldn't pay the $600-$700 for single day for a guest. I enjoyed it going solo but I was with the Instructor the whole time and never had to change seats and got to drive the whole time while everyone else was constantly changing from driving to passenger.

IMG_20230716_211934_360.jpg

IMG_20230716_211934_223.jpg

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife and I can't get out schedules to work out, so I'm thinking about going solo to the off-rodeo.
Anyone else done one solo and do you think it changes the experience?
I went solo. Got to drive up front with the guide.

I would say it's a positive.

EffenNewGuy

Black Diamond
First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Silverado LS, '14 Subaru Impreza Sport Ltd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Going Solo to the Off-Roadeo IMG_9664

Went solo to the Off Rodeo in Vegas this past Monday. IMO it’s better solo cause you get to do all the driving. I was the 4th bronco in a group of 5, out of that group 4 were solo riders. Instructions were provided over walkie-talkie, and we would stop and gather before more technical obstacles. For pictures, our guide Johnny (what’s up Johnny!! In case you’re on here lol) was really great on snapping photos for all the solo riders.

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I may be going to the New Hampshire off rodeo around Labor Day. My son is 9 so unfortunately I don’t think I can take him and my wife has no interest. So it will be solo for me.
Sponsored