First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1970 Ford Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went solo to LV (wife had no interest) and it was an absolute blast. Guide rode with me as the lead Bronco and was great experience. I was one of three solo drivers that day. No reservations going alone.
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wife didn't want to go and a buddy of mine was supposed to come but he missed his flight. He's that friend of the group. I drove the lead vehicle and the guide rode shotgun in Moab.

Pete in Moab was cool as hell - former military. Might be luck of the draw on guides. I'm not very extroverted so I wasn't excited to be by myself but it wound up being an amazing trip and I'd absolutely do it again alone. But yes, everyone else there was with their spouse.

A different friend of mine has a Bronco already and I'm trying to get him to go to the Nevada one and I'll be the guest lol

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn't it $500 - $600 to bring a guest, or can you bring your wife for free?
Guests are paid, but I think there was some kind of credit you can apply to either a guest pass or merch at the store on site.

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went solo in Moab. It was great. The guide rode with me and because our group was so small we got a ton of driving in. It would’ve been fun to do with my family too, but my kids were too young.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wife and I can't get out schedules to work out, so I'm thinking about going solo to the off-rodeo.
Anyone else done one solo and do you think it changes the experience?
‘Are you kidding me??? I’d pay extra to go solo. 😂😂

Great get out of jail free card for you to get a break from the fam. Enjoy!

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going solo is the better value. They charge too much for your guest(s) & they will get little out of it.
Take your proposed guest to a real trail is my suggestion. YMMV 🤠

Frush182

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wife and I can't get out schedules to work out, so I'm thinking about going solo to the off-rodeo.
I went solo and there was one other solo there, they were the lead and I was the tail. I thought it was great because the instructor rode with me and I got way more one on one information.

Dwadeuru10

Badlands
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went solo in Vegas. Hindsight I thought that was the best case scenario for me. My off roading experience was minimal. I drove the entire time, had the instructor in with me most of the time and we would give me tips and pointers. This got me out of my comfort zone but helped me learn a lot.

If I did it again (unlikely with the cost) I'd go by myself. That way I'm driving all day, doing all the obstacles, and maximizing the time.

TheGeneral

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco SAS, 21 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeahh going solo on Jun 4 in NH.

Sponsored

Miker002

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Went solo and it was amazing, enjoyed the quiet and time learning how to do certain things!

slews

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco; Prius for the really gnarly stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did it solo in Vegas just a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised that so few people were solo (I think it was like 3 out of ~15-18 cars), but I ultimately thought being solo gave me a better experience (not to mention it probably saved me nearly ~$1000 between the guest fee, extra flight, etc.). I got to be in lead car with the instructor, which meant more time to ask questions, and he encouraged me to push the vehicle harder than I probably would have otherwise.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like I will see what the solo experience is like. Wife is bailing on me so frantically changing plans and still going for this Friday the 19th. Going to cancel the hotels and pack camping gear, might be a bit disheveled on Friday morning, lol.

Hopefully I can find some others to do a Saturday trail ride with, otherwise might just do Hells Revenge with all the bypasses and maybe Chicken Corners to play it safe. Never been to Moab so just planning everything by reading up as much as I can.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like I will see what the solo experience is like. Wife is bailing on me so frantically changing plans and still going for this Friday the 19th. Going to cancel the hotels and pack camping gear, might be a bit disheveled on Friday morning, lol.

Hopefully I can find some others to do a Saturday trail ride with, otherwise might just do Hells Revenge with all the bypasses and maybe Chicken Corners to play it safe. Never been to Moab so just planning everything by reading up as much as I can.
Nice enjoy.
Hey just fyi there is a mountain spring about 100 yards down Hwy-128 were you can fill you water jugs if you need to 🤠