Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I know what each of these actually do, But I'm looking at the manual I'm a bit confused how to enable these. Seems like some use the same button, while others didn't seem to tell you how to turn them on.

Full disclosure, 500 pages tend to make me see double so I may have just missed it, or misunderstood it.

Trail Control pg 207 - sounds like it is enabled by pressing that little center button in the console and then using the normal cruise controls to adjust (sounds like the car knows the difference depending on if you're in 4 wheel drive or not).... So I think I have this one down.

One Pedal pg 209 - this is where I get a bit confused. The manual reuses the button for trail control, but the picture is different. Almost makes me think that you can have one or the other but not both.

Trail turn assist pg 212 - says press the button, but doesn't show any pictures of which button to press.

Hill decent pg 217 - again which button?
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trail turn assist is a hero button up on the dash. I think hill decent, one pedal, and trail control are all part of the same function

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trail Turn Assist is a Hero Switch.

One Pedal can not be used when trail control is engaged and it uses the same button
Ford Bronco Going through the owner's manual.. ? about trail features 1623940618464

Hill Descent is a Manual Tranmission only version of Trail Control
Ford Bronco Going through the owner's manual.. ? about trail features 1623940729190

jllanglo

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think if you have the 2.7, you press the center button on the goat mode dial and it activates One Pedal. Then to activate Trail Control, you have to set a speed using the cruise control buttons and it switches off of One Pedal and turns on Trail Control.

If you have the 2.3 the only option you get is Trail Control.

Sponsored
OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think if you have the 2.7, you press the center button on the goat mode dial and it activates One Pedal. Then to activate Trail Control, you have to set a speed using the cruise control buttons and it switches off of One Pedal and turns on Trail Control.

If you have the 2.3 the only option you get is Trail Control.

Seems feasible but a bit odd. So it almost sounds like that small but in the middle enables all "trail" features But it depends on what you do after that that determines what does what.

As for the hero buttons, I didn't realize that it was up there. Ironically I couldn't find the hero switches in the manual. But I still have about a hundred pages to go.

scuba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may start a new thread b/c this is a pretty specific question, but I'm at Offroadeo and asked the guides if trail control was available without 4L or 4H engaged. They didn't know, so I experimented.

When you press the Trail Control button, the display says you must be in 4h or 4L, but I switched to 4A, and tried it, and it let me engage it and set the speed.

The display was crowded and confusing for me, so I'm not 100% confident in this, and it'd be nice to hear from someone else that trail control works in 4A or 2H.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I'm at Offroadeo and asked the guides if trail control was available without 4L or 4H engaged. They didn't know
Good thing the $1k or whatever overhead for this is worked into the unit price.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I may start a new thread b/c this is a pretty specific question, but I'm at Offroadeo and asked the guides if trail control was available without 4L or 4H engaged. They didn't know, so I experimented.

When you press the Trail Control button, the display says you must be in 4h or 4L, but I switched to 4A, and tried it, and it let me engage it and set the speed.

The display was crowded and confusing for me, so I'm not 100% confident in this, and it'd be nice to hear from someone else that trail control works in 4A or 2H.
Since 4A is (I am assuming) part time 4WD, Trail Control may stay on when you start into 4A from 4H or 4L and then turn off when 4A switches to 2WD… 🤷‍♂️

Agreed - worth experimenting. Same with Hill Descent in 2H or 4A.
Sponsored