Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And I think the more relevant point is, reinstallation of the door after removal. Good luck holding the door in place while you attempt to reinstall bolts on doors not designed to be removed.
Boom
Sponsored

Bituman

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Raptor, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 2017 4Runner limited and likely will be trading it on the WT I have ordered. I actually agree with some of OPā€™s comments. For sure the interior of the 4Runner is a bit more ā€œrefinedā€ than the Bronco, although the screen is quite a bit smaller. It bugs me that the Bronco interior is so pedestrian. I wish Ford would have done the Bronco like the F-150 with higher quality interiors as they move up in trim level. I know, Bronco targets off road use. But so does the F-150 Tremor and it has a really nice interior. While itā€™s hard to say how reliable the Bronco engines will be in the long run, I think it is generally accepted that the 4.0L V6 in the 4Runner is proven outstanding as is the tranny from a reliability standpoint. However, there is a trade off with the engine and tranny. 4Runner acceleration is average at best and the tranny doesnā€™t do anything to help performance or gas mileage. Having test driven 3 Broncos, their performance is much better than the 4Runner and (maybe I missed it) the OP hasnā€™t mentioned that. Itā€™s significant. To me, both vehicles are really good but their intended purposes donā€™t completely overlap, so comparisons are difficult. By the way, the pinch weld isnā€™t visible on my 4Runner.

BUCKNUT1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congratulation Sina. Comparing a Bronco to a 4Runner is like comparing an Impala to a Corvette. They are very different vehicles that should stand alone. Just enjoy the Bronco for what it is, and stop comparing it to the 4 Runner or you'll never be happy. Just enjoy the ride.
My wife has been driving a minivan for 12 years. When the Bronco shows up I will make sure I do a complete comparison between the two vehicles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A huge issue I have with people on this forum is they simply regurgitate FORD propaganda or some other thing they heard and believed and its not really useful, what's useful is comparison.

shillelagh45

Base
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bought my wife a 22 4runner. We love it. Every time I bitch about waiting on the bronco, she volunteers to trade . Nuff said .

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A huge issue I have with people on this forum is they simply regurgitate FORD propaganda or some other thing they heard and believed and its not really useful, what's useful is comparison.
Agreed.
Letā€™s start with comparing door and roof removal with Bronco vs 4Runner.
Who wants to start?

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like everyone is comparing things to a 4runner, god the amount of nonsense I have heard since day one of buying the 4runner, its an old design, its got body on frame construction, its dated, etc,

I love my bronco too !

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP, I don't think the Bronco is the right vehicle for you.

OP
OP
4runner

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Badlands2015

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Itā€™s called a pinch weld. Hereā€™s what I did on mine. I added Trail armor from the Ford accessories catalog.

BEFORE:
A6DAEDCF-E13F-4FE9-BF33-442243D13F84.png

AFTER:
995871F4-4DDC-4FDC-81A9-E84CF6469ACB.jpeg
Did this come with the adhesive needed to install it or did you have to purchase it seperstely?

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly from my point of view, the doors are not easily removable so they are not removable, I mean they give you the option to remove them, but I can also untighten bolts on any car to remove my doors teh design is poor and needs to be improved, removable doors on a Bronco in my opinion is a marketing gimmick ...
Oh really, so mirrors that stay on vehicle, windows and mirror control in center stack, frameless window, dedicated storage bag, tools to remove, tube-door accessory - ALL just marketing? Really?
Sponsored