First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, 2017 Toyota Highlander, 2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am a 78 year old widower and have currently 3 vehicles: a 2-wheel drive 2020 Ranger Lariat because I always have had a pickup for hauling “stuff”, a 2017 Highlander Limited that was my wife’s that I keep to transport grandkids and others, and a 2-door manual 2012 Jeep Rubicon because I enjoy wheeling in the Sierras and the coastal mountains.

The Jeep has only 37,000 miles but is 10+ years old and as I am normally by myself in the boonies, I want to upgrade to a new 4X4 which with be the last one I purchase (probably). I am very interested in the Bronco as a replacement for the Jeep and have joined this forum to further my research.
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome!
This forum has a ton of great information!

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a 78 year old widower and have currently 3 vehicles: a 2-wheel drive 2020 Ranger Lariat because I always have had a pickup for hauling “stuff”, a 2017 Highlander Limited that was my wife’s that I keep to transport grandkids and others, and a 2-door manual 2012 Jeep Rubicon because I enjoy wheeling in the Sierras and the coastal mountains.

The Jeep has only 37,000 miles but is 10+ years old and as I am normally by myself in the boonies, I want to upgrade to a new 4X4 which with be the last one I purchase (probably). I am very interested in the Bronco as a replacement for the Jeep and have joined this forum to further my research.
Welcome from Central CA!

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome. I'm up in the Bay Area. I have nearly 20,000 miles on my 4 door Black Diamond Sasquatch. Feel free to ask any questions

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome from South Lake Tahoe! My father 82, drives my Badlands once in a while, and he just got one of those F-150 Lightnings for himself. Search for topics and ask away!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Radioman

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome. I'm up in the Bay Area. I have nearly 20,000 miles on my 4 door Black Diamond Sasquatch. Feel free to ask any questions
Thanks Eli. Exploring the Sasquatch...

OP
OP
Radioman

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome from South Lake Tahoe! My father 82, drives my Badlands once in a while, and he just got one of those F-150 Lightnings for himself. Search for topics and ask away!
Thanks Mario. Glad to learn your father is still active in the Bronco.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome aboard!

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Welcome to the group.

I'm roughly 2 months into owning our Bronco. One of the early things I did was to review all of the trim levels (both what Ford publishes and more specific details from owners) comparing what comes standard with each trim and what trims are required for specific options and then start figuring out what features/options I could live without and/or likely not use. Of course, the first decision was 2 dr. or 4 dr.

Odds are if you search for it here, you're bound to find responses/answers you're looking for.

OP
OP
Radioman

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome to the group.

I'm roughly 2 months into owning our Bronco. One of the early things I did was to review all of the trim levels (both what Ford publishes and more specific details from owners) comparing what comes standard with each trim and what trims are required for specific options and then start figuring out what features/options I could live without and/or likely not use. Of course, the first decision was 2 dr. or 4 dr.

Odds are if you search for it here, you're bound to find responses/answers you're looking for.
Thanks for the welcome Dominic.
My current 4X4 is a 2 door Rubicon and I had to completely remove the rear seat in order to pack a large bag of recovery gear, a large bag of tools and survival equipment, an air compressor, and a small bag with soft shackles and snap straps. Include extra boots, a small cooler, snacks, and a jacket, the rear end is full. No way the above gear would fit without removing the rear seat. So, I need to discover if the rear seat on a 2-door Bronco is easily removable.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome to the forum. I live in the Bay Area and am loving my 2 door Bronco. I honestly got more information about the Bronco from this forum than Ford itself. This will be a great research project for you!

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the welcome Dominic.
My current 4X4 is a 2 door Rubicon and I had to completely remove the rear seat in order to pack a large bag of recovery gear, a large bag of tools and survival equipment and a small bag with soft shackles and snap straps. Include extra boots, a small cooler, snacks, and a jacket, the rear end is full. No way the above gear would fit without removing the rear seat. So, I need to discover if the rear seat on a 2-door Bronco is easily removable.
While I have not removed mine, there are numerous posts of members who have removed theirs. They do fold mostly flat but obviously more room if you were to completely remove them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...at-delete-and-carpeted-platform-w-pics.68903/

You will likely find many comparison "attempts" between the Rubicon and the Bronco Badlands trim level in terms of standard features (lockers, upgraded suspension, etc.) without biggest tires available, like those with the Sasquatch package. Personally for us, the Badlands has a bit too many creature comfort type features that weren't "have to haves" and living in California ive already had a Ford SUV with black leather so we leaned towards cloth seats.

OP
OP
Radioman

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While I have not removed mine, there are numerous posts of members who have removed theirs. They do fold mostly flat but obviously more room if you were to completely remove them.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...at-delete-and-carpeted-platform-w-pics.68903/

You will likely find many comparison "attempts" between the Rubicon and the Bronco Badlands trim level in terms of standard features (lockers, upgraded suspension, etc.) without biggest tires available, like those with the Sasquatch package. Personally for us, the Badlands has a bit too many creature comfort type features that weren't "have to haves" and living in California ive already had a Ford SUV with black leather so we leaned towards cloth seats.
Thanks again Dominic. I appreciate your help and knowledge. I have owned Toyota Landcruiser and Jeep since 1978. There are some "must have" items and some "like to have" items. I just have to research which favor of Bronco will met my wants.
Sponsored