Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just as more info after some digging around. This made the rear door so much more solid, and it closes with a solid feeling now where it didn't before. It has also eliminated all of the creaks and squeaks I was hearing from the gate. Great product!
Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System PXL_20220717_150641291~2
Sponsored

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Ron!
Really appreciate the picture and feedback!
Can you get me a measurement and picture of the washers you received please, first I've heard of this...
I used some washers that were left over from installing skid plates. They are M8x20mm washers. So, a bit under an inch OD. I only had 6, so I used 2 of the supplied washers that came with the tailgate support. You can see the difference in OD in the pictures. The top is the supplied washer and the bottom is the 20mm washer I used. I've also included a picture with the original bolt and the supplied washer. You can see the size difference. It probably wouldn't have been an issue if the holes in the plastic carrier weren't a bit larger than expected. I'm assuming it's to compensate for slight variations in the plastic mold.

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 1658146004742

Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 1658146068090

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used some washers that were left over from installing skid plates. They are M8x20mm washers. So, a bit under an inch OD. I only had 6, so I used 2 of the supplied washers that came with the tailgate support. You can see the difference in OD in the pictures. The top is the supplied washer and the bottom is the 20mm washer I used. I've also included a picture with the original bolt and the supplied washer. You can see the size difference. It probably wouldn't have been an issue if the holes in the plastic carrier weren't a bit larger than expected. I'm assuming it's to compensate for slight variations in the plastic mold.

1658146004742.png

1658146068090.png
checking into this as we speak...
Can you to see if the bolt holes in your tire carrier much larger than the bolts threads? if so what was the prodution date of your bronco?
The larger indented circles around the bolt holes on the oem tire carrier are from the plastic injection molding process..
thank you for brining it to our attention

Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just placed my order. Fantastic group to deal with. Thanks Tyson!

Looking forward to receiving the tailgate support system and whatever else you guys might come up with in the future!

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

checking into this as we speak...
Can you to see if the bolt holes in your tire carrier much larger than the bolts threads? if so what was the prodution date of your bronco?
The larger indented circles around the bolt holes on the oem tire carrier are from the plastic injection molding process..
thank you for brining it to our attention
My spare tire is back on the vehicle and the larger washers are on, so I can't see directly. But, I do remember that on a few of the holes that the supplied washers didn't quite cover the bolt holes. They holes were definitely a bit larger than expected. My build date was early December 2021.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My spare tire is back on the vehicle and the larger washers are on, so I can't see directly. But, I do remember that on a few of the holes that the supplied washers didn't quite cover the bolt holes. They holes were definitely a bit larger than expected. My build date was early December 2021.
strangly enough we have the same build date. I don't recall mine having holes larger than the bolts..

Coincidently I will point out that our latest hardware has larger diameter washers for the tire carrier so this won't be an issue for anyone in the future...

@Stonetree feedback like this is crucial to developing new products, if anybody else has any suggestions or comments at all, Please reach out! I want the community to be as involved as possible in the parts we bring to market!

Last edited:

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

strongly enough we have the same build date. I don't recall mine having holes larger than the bolts..

Coincidently I will point out that our latest hardware has larger diameter washers for the tire carrier so this won't be an issue for anyone in the future...

@Stonetree feedback like this is crucial to developing new products, if anybody else has any suggestions or comments at all, Please reach out! I want the community to be as involved as possible in the parts we bring to market!
Good to hear. And glad to help. It's a great product.

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good to hear. And glad to help. It's a great product.
Ford Bronco Hammer Built - Built to Hammer On: Modular Tailgate Reinforcement System 20E8FB76-B2C7-4BBA-8E1F-9B7C32501B57
Here is the hardware our latest batch was sent out with.

if any body has an issue with the tire carrier holes being almost the same size as the washer, we’ll get you taken care of.

Last edited:

Texascash

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good looking product. Just ordered and looking forward to receiving it.

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good looking product. Just ordered and looking forward to receiving it.
orders are shipping in 3-5 business days as of today! thank you for your support!

Sponsored
OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys! were undergoing testing of a revision in preparation for a few new accessories!
Very excited to show you guys the perfect jerry can solution! Orders will ship in roughly 12-15 business days from today. Will update here if anything changes!

Thanks for everyones support!

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got mine installed this weekend, really impressed with the kit. Was able to install it by myself, I just put a dab of marine grease on the delrin spacers to keep them in place while I screwed the hinge bolts in. I did run into two bolts on the tailgate for the spare tire carrier that were slightly off center from the holes in the hammerbuilt plate, but after some finagling and redoing the sequence of bolts I got them to thread in. Also appreciate that hammerbuilt packaged the kit very well without a bunch of trash going to the landfill..

@DoYouBronco for the new accessories please tell me these will bolt onto the current reinforcement panel?

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you fit a racksbrax with a maxtrax onto the extension arm, or be it too lax?

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got mine installed this weekend, really impressed with the kit. Was able to install it by myself, I just put a dab of marine grease on the delrin spacers to keep them in place while I screwed the hinge bolts in. I did run into two bolts on the tailgate for the spare tire carrier that were slightly off center from the holes in the hammerbuilt plate, but after some finagling and redoing the sequence of bolts I got them to thread in. Also appreciate that hammerbuilt packaged the kit very well without a bunch of trash going to the landfill..

@DoYouBronco for the new accessories please tell me these will bolt onto the current reinforcement panel?
yes all the new accessories will fit the original design, its a small change to the hardware style to allow for more flexibility with 37s. Initial testing on the black hardware is looking good!

OP
OP
DoYouBronco

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you fit a racksbrax with a maxtrax onto the extension arm, or be it too lax?
there was too much laser cut out for the logo to get a good mounting point. were putting the finishing touches on our max tax adapter as we speak. It will have adjustable points to use the ordinal max tax, max tax mini and the rototrax with 4 gallon tank combo. Also will have a place for 1 gallon on the opposite side of the track for emergency range.
Sponsored