Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BD as Bronco Diamond? So are you trading the Gladiator for the Bronco?
Black Diamond. IDK if trading or keeping both or selling Jeep outright. Original plan was to trade the Jeep. But I need to be able to flat tow one without worrying about destroying a transmission.
If @Ford doesn’t resolve the flat tow issues and keeps denying warranty claims, I may just leave the Bronco at the dealership when it gets here. And I’m a long time owner of many Fords. This is my first nonFord vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
LuisF.Recio

LuisF.Recio

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond. IDK if trading or keeping both or selling Jeep outright. Original plan was to trade the Jeep. But I need to be able to flat tow one without worrying about destroying a transmission.
That's right, Black Diamond. Still learning the different trims and options.
IMO: If you can keep both of them, I will. I mean, like you mentioned before, they will serve different purposes.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If @Ford doesn’t resolve the flat tow issues and keeps denying warranty claims, I may just leave the Bronco at the dealership when it gets here. And I’m a long time owner of many Fords. This is my first nonFord vehicle.
My bronco will out tow my gladiators any day of the week I have towed my brothers skidsteer on multiple occasions with both and the 2.7 mated with the 10 speed just flatout lugs where the gladiator 3.6 and 8 speed was either revving to the moon or searching for gears and I had 4.88 gears in the gladiators. The only thing that is the downfall to the bronco is the spring rate so you have to bias the weight on the trailer properly but with a flat tow that wont matter and the skisteer in the trailer is twice the weight of either of those vehicles

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My bronco will out tow my gladiators any day of the week I have towed my brothers skidsteer on multiple occasions with both and the 2.7 mated with the 10 speed just flatout lugs where the gladiator 3.6 and 8 speed was either revving to the moon or searching for gears and I had 4.88 gears in the gladiators. The only thing that is the downfall to the bronco is the spring rate so you have to bias the weight on the trailer properly but with a flat tow that wont matter and the skisteer in the trailer is twice the weight of either of those vehicles
Sorry, you completely misunderstood me. I have to be able to flat-tow the vehicle behind my motorhome. It’s well known that there have been multiple Bronco transmission failures that Ford blamed on the owner and refuses to accept responsibility for. Some sort of software or transfer case shift motor issue. Jeeps have a manual transfer case so it’s easy to verify it’s actually in neutral tow mode.

I’m well aware that the Broncos have way more power than my V6 Gladiator. Remember I’m a Ford guy... so far anyway. If I was going to tow with a Gladiator (I wouldn’t) I would buy the diesel. I have a 4WD Excursion to tow with.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just a fun day with my father at Southington Off-road Park near Kent, Ohio
Ford Bronco HAPPY 🐫 DAY !!! Let's see those flexin' photos IMG_5163
What wonderful photos of your time with your Dad driving the Bronco around Southington, Erza! Thanks for sharing this with the Ford community.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, you completely misunderstood me. I have to be able to flat-tow the vehicle behind my motorhome. It’s well known that there have been multiple Bronco transmission failures that Ford blamed on the owner and refuses to accept responsibility for. Some sort of software or transfer case shift motor issue. Jeeps have a manual transfer case so it’s easy to verify it’s actually in neutral tow mode.

I’m well aware that the Broncos have way more power than my V6 Gladiator. Remember I’m a Ford guy... so far anyway. If I was going to tow with a Gladiator (I wouldn’t) I would buy the diesel. I have a 4WD Excursion to tow with.
Ahh I see that now makes more sense LOL

Sponsored

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our ADS kit helps in this department.
Ford Bronco HAPPY 🐫 DAY !!! Let's see those flexin' photos IMG_6848
Ford Bronco HAPPY 🐫 DAY !!! Let's see those flexin' photos IMG_5708
Ford Bronco HAPPY 🐫 DAY !!! Let's see those flexin' photos IMG_5570
Ford Bronco HAPPY 🐫 DAY !!! Let's see those flexin' photos IMG_5562

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco HAPPY 🐫 DAY !!! Let's see those flexin' photos IMG_5562

Shout out Merus Adventure Park. Highly recommended!
Palo Duro Canyon
Awesome pic, John! 😎 Thank you for sharing your trip to Merus Adventure Park with us and for being part of the Ford family!