Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want a soft top for my two door. Hoping I won’t have to wait too long for an aftermarket solution. So for those of us who are basically getting a hardtop to weatherproof our vehicles for delivery, what’s the environmentally-friendly/economical solution? Won’t be much of a market for ‘um since we’ll all have one. How long will you store it before taking it to the dump?

Ford, please add this to build and price. I will wait till 10/1/20 if needed.??
I'll take it. Always nice to have a backup. I can paint one and keep the other natural.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seems crazy and in this case doesn't apply to me but i get it......... I have 7 year old parts that are "original" ... they have their boxes
I recently took several suspension components to the recycling center. They had been stacked in my garage with the thought of being trail spares for years, and I haven’t been on anything where I thought they’d be needed. Nor would some of them be the right size at this point.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its really, really bizarre that there isn't a soft top offered for the 2 door. At least, as of right now.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really want a soft top for my two door. Hoping I won’t have to wait too long for an aftermarket solution. So for those of us who are basically getting a hardtop to weatherproof our vehicles for delivery, what’s the environmentally-friendly/economical solution? Won’t be much of a market for ‘um since we’ll all have one. How long will you store it before taking it to the dump?

Ford, please add this to build and price. I will wait till 10/1/20 if needed.??
Get the modular top, and I'll buy it off you for cheap!!

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Definitely want a soft top for a 2dr. I’ve had both on 2 separate Jeeps and the soft top is more fun and convenient. I probably will just have the hardtop on 4 months out of a year. If you are able to get a soft top in addition to the hardtop on order that will be great. Otherwise,you will have top make your own modifications for the soft top. Snaps etc ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncola

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based on survey pricing, the hardtop is $3700 (4-door). I already know you guys would take a free spare. What would you pay for one?

I’m potentially looking at a big loss to get a soft top. Or if Ford decides to do it right I could save $700.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Otherwise,you will have top make your own modifications for the soft top. Snaps etc ?
I've never owned a Wrangler, so not familiar with soft top accoutrements....aside from not having the soft top itself, does anyone know if Ford is producing the 2 door with the gear required for adding an aftermarket soft top.

To me, a major flaw in Ford's approach to Bronco is the total lack of information sources for simple questions like this. Vast majority of dealers know squat...which is understandable since it'll be 18-24 months before they have any on their lot to actually sell.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I will buy it off you as I want to test my painting skills on one that isn’t my only one? I’m painting mine white on day 1
Try Plasti-dip. It goes on just like paint and you can peel it off whenever you want. I have used it on many car parts and it holds up insanely well.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Try Plasti-dip. It goes on just like paint and you can peel it off whenever you want. I have used it on many car parts and it holds up insanely well.
I like plasti-dip but when I go off road I think it will peel when the branches scrape the roof. But then again I could just keep plasti-dip it whenever it gets scraped? I’ll have to look into it

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I like plasti-dip but when I go off road I think it will peel when the branches scrape the roof. But then again I could just keep plasti-dip it whenever it gets scraped? I’ll have to look into it
That's another great aspect of it. Very easy to respray scuffs and scrapes and if the area is too large, just peel it off and respray the whole thing. If you look at the photo of my Challenger in Showcase you can see my rims, side markers and gas cap are all Plasti-dipped black. It looks a bit gray in the harsh direct AZ sunlight of that particular photo but in person and in normal light, it looks black and blends in with the car nicely. The rims are going on 6 years and looks as good as the day I sprayed them. The side markers and gas cap are going on 5 years and same level of holding up. It costs me about $30 in Plasti-dip for all of them. At $5 at can at Lowes or Home Depot and the fact that you can just peel it off, it's hard to beat. Plus, it will apply just as easily with a sprayer for bigger projects. And it basically adds a layer of protection to whatever you apply it to
Sponsored