First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2 door has a ton of highway wind noise. I chaulk it up as normal being that I'm driving a brick. However, I had a 4 door driver state that he doesn't have this issue. He contributes it to that possibly the roof rack is helping to reduce the drag. Is my situation an anomaly or is this wind noise common? Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored

mairskin

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a super loud wind/ noise whistle with our 2 door Outerbanks w/ roof rack upon delivery. It was coming from the drivers side window, in the corner by the side mirror. The seal wasn't sealing against the window correctly. The seal is hollow in the middle, so I cut a short piece of vacuum/ fuel line and shoved it in the middle to "plump" up the seal. It has a MUCH more pleasant driving experience now. I'm assuming this technique will work at a lot of different areas, if you can press around while driving and pin point where the imperfect seal is.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate. For me it's more about the aerodynamics of the vehicle. I think it might be loud regardless. I don't have a whistle or leaks. It's just damn loud going down the road. Like I'm driving a uhaul. šŸ˜‚ I'm super happy with all but this. It could be a deal breaker after owning for 1.5 yrs. Yikes!

Sponsored

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

VERY strange indeed. I believe the overwhelming consensus is that the 6G Bronco is an extremely quiet vehicle. You should have it checked.

OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep the radio helps, but when traveling with the wife its F"ing noisy. For the "Extremely quiet" truck, great for you! Im going to have it looked at during the next service but no expectations. I know how dealers are with these type complaints. I may have to make a tough decision on keeping it. Stinks because I waited on it for a year and have had it for 1.5 yrs.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate. For me it's more about the aerodynamics of the vehicle. I think it might be loud regardless. I don't have a whistle or leaks. It's just damn loud going down the road. Like I'm driving a uhaul. šŸ˜‚ I'm super happy with all but this. It could be a deal breaker after owning for 1.5 yrs. Yikes!
I didn't have any leaks or whistles and the 2 links I posted still helped a ton. Try them out and see how it goes.

Sponsored

Stupor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2dr manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just received a new 2 Dr manual badlands with a headliner. My biggest fear was the wind noise but I am very surprised how quiet it is. Talking on the freeway hands free is no problem.. I have stayed under 70mph. I donā€™t have a roof rack and I have 33ā€ tires. I donā€˜t have any whistling at all but some wind noise.

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have the headliner? If not and the interior is too loud, you can install yourself when Hotheads comes out with theirs for the 2 door.

I've got a 2 door and find it acceptable for what it is. It will never be as quiet as a conventional auto.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve read other posts about roof rack causing wind noise. Myself, after installing the Aeroskin II, it caused a ton of rumbling wind noise like I was driving in 70 mph winds, took it off and noise disappeared.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2 door had wind noise on both passenger and driver windows in back upper corners. Werenā€™t sitting in/against seals as should have been. Dealer did adjustments, 2 different times, and much better.
That said itā€™s a plastic top and the window design DOES NOT encompass an upper frame so itā€™s not like a 4 Runner or even pickup! Anyone expecting that quietness will be disappointed !

Another comparison, my 25 year old TJ ( that does have an upper metal door frame for window) is just as quiet as the Bronco regarding wind noiseā€¦. Just the way it is!!

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
As I stated in one of the other "noise links"... my Base 2Dr is fairly quiet, but I don't have the roof rack. Only noise is on the passenger-side in back of the front seat, and a remedy to this was explained in another note. I'm running OBX 32s".
Sponsored