Sponsored

Have a Build Week, Thinking of Starting Over with New Order. Advice?

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a 2-door base reservation on 7/25/20 that got pulled to be built the week of 12/6 (last week of '21). I recently took a 1-year gig in NYC (at $600/mo for parking, Bronco is not invited), so my Bronco will be at my parents place until October 2022 when I move back to the countryside. They have a ton of space and are happy to have it, but it will likely not be used much. So when I finally get my hands on it, it will almost be a 2 y/o model since MY23 will be ramping up.

I'm considering placing a brand-new order in the hopes it will get built closer to the October 2022 date that I can take it. I'd also love to get the 22 options since they added a bunch of great colors to the base model that I like a lot more than the Oxford White I chose in MY21.

So my questions are:
  1. Do you think a brand-new order would land near Oct 2022? I have no problem waiting a few months past that date, but I'd like to have it by Spring/Summer 23 for sure.
  2. If I did decide to restart, would it be better to let my dealer take the build or to buy it and resell myself?
Sponsored

BlackBeauty

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello,
I have a base 2dr manual awaiting late Oct delivery.
I also live in Brooklyn and have been researching parking spots and have some feedback in the $300 and below range monthly.
I would take delivery, bring it to NYC but not Manhattan and sell for a profit when you 2022 arrives.
Reply for more ideas but please don’t let those dealers have your truck and overcharge someone!!!

OP
OP
Sascrotch

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello,
I have a base 2dr manual awaiting late Oct delivery.
I also live in Brooklyn and have been researching parking spots and have some feedback in the $300 and below range monthly.
I would take delivery, bring it to NYC but not Manhattan and sell for a profit when you 2022 arrives.
Reply for more ideas but please don’t let those dealers have your truck and overcharge someone!!!
Thanks for the info! Regardless of whether I get a 22 or not, I’ll be sure to get my 21 at the agreed MSRP from the dealer. Unfortunately I am going to be living in Manhattan, so parking will be pretty scarce. I’m thinking I’ll give my folks the option to either keep the 21 for a year or to sell right away and pocket the difference between sale price and 22 price.
Sponsored