Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand that the official Order Bank re-open date is tentatively March 27th. Along with that, i understand MIC Hard Tops, Lux, & Sasquatch packages are a no-go.

My question is, since i truly want a hard top, does it make more sense to wait until the new MY24? or do i waste my time putting in a reservation for a MY23 with hard top and cross my fingers it doesn't get canceled and push me back to square one. Leaning more towards waiting to avoid the headache, but wondering if there's any information out there that i may be missing when making this decision.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'd either wait for '24 or if you got to have one now get one off the dealer lot.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to have to agree with @Lowcountry Bronco on this one.

Find one on the dealer lots or wait. Used Broncos are not too difficult to find nowadays. Getting a used Bronco at a used car price is a little more complicated... but if that Bronco only has a few thousand miles on it (or less)... it may be worth it rather than waiting.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had a Badlands with Sas, Lux, and MIC since 2/1/22.

I appreciate the OPā€™s post because it raises the question, ā€œwill new orders placed on or after 3/27 be allowed to order a Bronco with Sas, Lux, or MIC?

I do not plan on amending my order and hope it gets built in the MY2023.

Going to have to agree with @Lowcountry Bronco on this one.

Find one on the dealer lots or wait. Used Broncos are not too difficult to find nowadays. Getting a used Bronco at a used car price is a little more complicated... but if that Bronco only has a few thousand miles on it (or less)... it may be worth it rather than waiting.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF it is just the hard top, I would probably order without as there will be several hardtop options by the time you get it. HOWEVER, I am assuming that Ford still adds the washer and wiper connections even when ordering a soft top, unlike Jeep Wranglers.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would go ahead and order in March, if you get pushed to 24, them's the breaks. However, I'd recommend finding a dealer who has allocations....they're out there.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate the OPā€™s post because it raises the question, ā€œwill new orders placed on or after 3/27 be allowed to order a Bronco with Sas, Lux, or MIC?
Ford hasn't said either way, but in fairness they likely don't know what they're going to do yet themselves.

It's probably going to depend largely on what people do with their existing orders. My guess is they'll open order banks and restrict which options/packages you can order. Most people don't seem to be willing to change their orders, so they'll likely have spare production capacity.

Last edited:

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for your insight!

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve been waiting to put an order in since last March. Iā€™m also very curious if theyā€™ll allow you to place an order with the three constrained commodities. I want Lux and MIC. Iā€™m hopeful theyā€™ll still let us place orders!

4x4fun

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had a Badlands with Sas, Lux, and MIC since 2/1/22.

I do not plan on amending my order and hope it gets built in the MY2023.
Yup, youā€™re never getting your Bronco haha šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve been waiting to put an order in since last March. Iā€™m also very curious if theyā€™ll allow you to place an order with the three constrained commodities. I want Lux and MIC. Iā€™m hopeful theyā€™ll still let us place orders!
I would not wait but put an order in exactly as you want. Nothing to lose vs waiting to order next year. Supposably the latest info is saying you will be able to order the 3 constrained options. If you find a dealer with allocation, you may be in luck. Hard to know though as most are not very transparent about such things.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would go soft top. You can always add a hard top from an aftermarket source. Which there will be a few. And Fordā€™s didnā€™t seem all that great. I personally know of one and owner isnā€™t happy. I really wanted a hard top and finally went soft top without regret. Thought I would get an aftermarket hard top and really donā€™t care about one now. There are good and bad with both.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand that the official Order Bank re-open date is tentatively March 27th. Along with that, i understand MIC Hard Tops, Lux, & Sasquatch packages are a no-go.

My question is, since i truly want a hard top, does it make more sense to wait until the new MY24? or do i waste my time putting in a reservation for a MY23 with hard top and cross my fingers it doesn't get canceled and push me back to square one. Leaning more towards waiting to avoid the headache, but wondering if there's any information out there that i may be missing when making this decision.
Depends on whether you need a Bronco, or want a Bronco? If the latter is true, order now what you want, and wait. Otherwise, try to find one on the lot. Good luck!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ā€œFind a dealer with allocationsā€ - this is the key to getting a bronco. I used a dealer whose clientele does not buy many off road vehicles.

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check your dealers allocations. If, after all current orders are fulfilled, and the they have allocations remaining for Hardtop, you can order a hardtop, but you better have your order ready, and your dealer be on the trigger to order, its going to go quick.

Dealers are going to be able to order SAS, Lux, Hardtop and Wildtrak, but the percentage that they can order is limited. And for those who have not altered your order, check with your dealer, you may be able to keep everything you want and still get built.

Watch Long McArthur Fords podcast from yesterday, Tim explains it better.
Sponsored