First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sad and happy post, my kiddo and I are ok, but wanted to share info. We were in a head on collision coming home Wednesday night (12/14). A lady crossed over into our lane on a undivided hwy (loop 567). I saw it coming, hoping she would correct or move, I moved over on the shoulder as far as I could and swerved left at the last second as to not take it directly head on. So happy to say the kiddo was not harmed at all. Car seat in the middle of the back seat hooked into the points. The Bronco took the hit like a champ, it stayed rigid, all safety features worked, and went into a crash mode perfectly. The passenger side interior was ok as well, it did not crush in. I am 10x more of a fan than I already was (if that’s possible, Sept 2021 delivery day 1 res).

Great job Ford and your engineers. Thank you, I have no doubt the Sasquatch build helped a great deal. My Bronco is done, but we are so thankful and it’s a great day.

FFD6CC0C-BB57-4004-AEE4-2CF409153197.jpeg

4D8AF684-3B01-4835-A458-BA4858B1106C.jpg

head on collision bronco badlands sasquatch.jpg
Not to be that guy, but the sasqustch build did not help at all. In fact, the sasquatch version is likely less safe before it deletes the crash bars.

Glad you're okay. Hope you get a new one quickly. Good luck out there.
Sponsored

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess all the people saying the Sasquatch is less safe due to crash bars being removed were off base
How do you figure? Less safe doesn't mean it's not safe. It's just that it doesn't have one of the safety components that could help in certain situations. Especially here where the passenger side was empty but that's where the collision occurred. That's like claiming his bronco is just as safe without a front passenger seat belt since everyone was okay in THIS wreck without using it.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How do you figure? Less safe doesn't mean it's not safe. It's just that it doesn't have one of the safety components that could help in certain situations. Especially here where the passenger side was empty but that's where the collision occurred. That's like claiming his bronco is just as safe without a front passenger seat belt since everyone was okay in THIS wreck without using it.
What’s a seat belt?

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow!...the curveballs that life throws at us. Excellent reaction timing on your part. Glad you're all OK...and hopefully, another Bronco in your future.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow. I'm glad you guys are okay! Im sure that was terrifying. Glad to see the Bronco held up so well and kept you both safe. How did the other car fair?

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you are OK, but I really hate reading these posts. I relate it to watching or reading current world events. Even more depressing since the wait time is crazy long and replacements are not quick. Sad story, stay safe everyone.

PS - Winners don't do Meth...

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Sad and happy post, my kiddo and I are ok, but wanted to share info. We were in a head on collision coming home Wednesday night (12/14). A lady crossed over into our lane on a undivided hwy (loop 567). I saw it coming, hoping she would correct or move, I moved over on the shoulder as far as I could and swerved left at the last second as to not take it directly head on. So happy to say the kiddo was not harmed at all. Car seat in the middle of the back seat hooked into the points. The Bronco took the hit like a champ, it stayed rigid, all safety features worked, and went into a crash mode perfectly. The passenger side interior was ok as well, it did not crush in. I am 10x more of a fan than I already was (if that’s possible, Sept 2021 delivery day 1 res).

Great job Ford and your engineers. Thank you, I have no doubt the Sasquatch build helped a great deal. My Bronco is done, but we are so thankful and it’s a great day.

Ford Bronco Head on collision report - we walked away OK from our destroyed Bronco Badlands Sasquatch accident

Ford Bronco Head on collision report - we walked away OK from our destroyed Bronco Badlands Sasquatch accident

So thankful you and the kiddo are ok. Wow that’s a terrible crash.

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So glad you are all OK...really good to hear of the safety the Bronco provided!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garrison

Garrison

Badlands
First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same!!

I guess there was no chance or time to go completely "offroad" ?
(I'm not familiar with the area at all).
No, the road at this point was on a hill, the thought of rolling with my kiddo in the back kept me from a dukes of hazard attempt.

OP
OP
Garrison

Garrison

Badlands
First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to be that guy, but the sasqustch build did not help at all. In fact, the sasquatch version is likely less safe before it deletes the crash bars.

Glad you're okay. Hope you get a new one quickly. Good luck out there.
I disagree, I think the extra weight, height, and ‘meat’ helped with the initial blow. The interior passenger was fine. It’s hard to know 100% though.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Something to consider before you remove your crash bars to get more space for tires. Glad everyone is ok.

OP
OP
Garrison

Garrison

Badlands
First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. I'm glad you guys are okay! Im sure that was terrifying. Glad to see the Bronco held up so well and kept you both safe. How did the other car fair?
Not good, emergency services on scene didn’t expect a good outcome. Had to cut the driver out. Don’t do Meth kids, and especially don’t do drugs and put others lives in danger.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

WHOA. Glad you and your family are fine. I know what it's like to have a head on collision. In my case, the airbags and all the safety features worked perfectly. Just like you I walked away without a scratch.
Sponsored