Sponsored

Heartbreak Ridge Big Bear Bronco Bash 6-10-23

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I lead a group of 9 Broncos during the Big Bear Bronco Bash on 6-10-23.

We met up at the trail head at 9 with a count of 9 Broncos.
2 Classic 1st Gens
1 First Edition - we all know the 1 gens were the first additions ;)
2 Everglades
1 6th gen 2-door
and 4 Buses

After a drivers meeting, syncing our radio's & airing we were off. This was a fun trail with some good off camber spots and some rocks thrown in along the way.
Being as this was my first time running the trail, in typical fashion I made 2 wrong turns which was the cause of a little back tracking but we will see later I was not the only one :p

Our first attraction was the old Pontiac. We pondered how such a vehicle made it so far up the trail then a few of us took some glamor shots.
At this area the trail splits to a high road and a lower road. We walked up the lower road a bit and found it pretty much impassible to anyone that had the slightest care for their vehicle. There was a tree that fell across the wash just in front of a giant boulder and a tree that was growing over the the trail the would have no problem busting a windshield out. trying to get by. We all agreed this was not the path to follow so up the high road we went. We soon came across another high - low road split. This one was more sensible with the lower road being more challenging but actually passible than the previous option. Some went high some went low.

There were some slow boulder sections that caused our group to get separated at the start of the loop. The first 4 went right and for some reason the last five went into the loop via the left route 🤷‍♂️ So much for keeping the vehicle behind you in your mirrors :sneaky:

There was a comment of if you don't see Bronco's in front of you soon you went the wrong way, to which was replied Thank you Captain obvious. Apparently it wasn't obvious enough :unsure: as we heard soon after some mention this looks like a good spot for lunch while the rest of us were still waiting for the group that wasn't coming to catch up. We figured out what happened & all met at the summit for lunch. We explored the area to find a couple open mines :
Never enter an unfamiliar mine. Air quality issues such as low oxygen levels, you know that stuff you need to live on; as well as stability issues & just plain falling can ruin your day or end your days altogether!

We later paid our respects at the Memorial for Major Alan Rowe USMC KIA in Iraq 2004 and signed the log book. Thank you & Semper-Fi brother
Ford Bronco Heartbreak Ridge Big Bear Bronco Bash 6-10-23 patriot
😢

We decided to split the group so no one would feel cheated coming down the loop. There were a few that had no desire to go back down the left loop from which they had climbed due to the narrow off camber cliff travel so they enjoyed the rockier section on the way down and we all joined back up at the base. We drove out the way we came so we had another request for a glory shot on top of the Pontiac.

Heading back we had 3 split from the main groups because they wanted more adventure while the rest of us continued on back.
It was a great trip with everyone & wish to thank all those that joined up. I'm sorry most of the names escape me but please feel free to add details and pictures as I didn't have a chance to snap many 🤠.

Ford Bronco Heartbreak Ridge Big Bear Bronco Bash 6-10-23 IMG_0954

Ford Bronco Heartbreak Ridge Big Bear Bronco Bash 6-10-23 IMG_0953
Ford Bronco Heartbreak Ridge Big Bear Bronco Bash 6-10-23 IMG_0955
Ford Bronco Heartbreak Ridge Big Bear Bronco Bash 6-10-23 Screenshot 2023-06-11 151749
Sponsored

Last edited:

eqlol

Everglades
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Lol, how did that everglades mount that pillar light by the snorkel ?

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, how did that everglades mount that pillar light by the snorkel ?
He inverted the mount. @Broncsquatch got the details from him as he has an Everglades and was curious as well. He might be able to share 🤠

eqlol

Everglades
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

He inverted the mount. @Broncsquatch got the details from him as he has an Everglades and was curious as well. He might be able to share 🤠
Thanks man. I'm also in SoCal with a Evergaldes, and bought a mount with two spots to mount the pillar lights on the driver side. So I was very curious as to how it got done on that one.

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks man. I'm also in SoCal with a Evergaldes, and bought a mount with two spots to mount the pillar lights on the driver side. So I was very curious as to how it got done on that one.
You should come up next year. It was a lot of fun 🤠

https://socalbroncos.net/bbbb/

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some video from one of the attendees posted over at SoCalBroncos.net. Let me know if this doesn't work as it's on Fbook & I don't/won't have an account so I can't see it but it works for some over there 🤠 .

Sponsored