Sponsored

Day trip to Big Bear

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me & my wife took a day trip up to Big Bear down Holcomb Valley to celebrate an early Head & Heart Ache Day đź’ť. It was more ice than snow as it was a warm.
All in all a great day. Saw 2 Bald Eagles when I was driving so no pictures. First time I've ever seen them in flight in the wild so that was really cool to see 🤠 .

Ford Bronco Day trip to Big Bear IMG_6354
Ford Bronco Day trip to Big Bear IMG_0476
Ford Bronco Day trip to Big Bear IMG_6355
Ford Bronco Day trip to Big Bear IMG_0470

Ford Bronco Day trip to Big Bear IMG_0475
Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great pics! Looks like a fun day in Big Bear. The two bald eagles you saw might have been Jackie and Shadow, a mating pair that nest in a tree near Fawnskin and are currently sitting on a couple of eggs. Here's the live cam to see what they're doing right now:

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pics! Looks like a fun day in Big Bear. The two bald eagles you saw might have been Jackie and Shadow, a mating pair that nest in a tree near Fawnskin and are currently sitting on a couple of eggs. Here's the live cam to see what they're doing right now:

I think so. We saw Jackie on the camera at the Discovery center and the Ranger described where they were and one while driving around the North shore at Fawnskin & may have seen the same one later when coming around the East side of the lake.

JReyes

Badlands
First Name
Jerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice pics. The campground looks nice in the winter. Looks like u took the road from Fawnskin. I will be heading up there soon.

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice pics. The campground looks nice in the winter. Looks like u took the road from Fawnskin. I will be heading up there soon.
Thanks. Yep, went up Polique Canyon. They are expecting more snow this week.

Sponsored

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you have any trouble on the ice? I don't have any of the hero switches. I live in LA County and currently trying to do more planned off-roading. So far most have been all spontaneous (I see a dirt road off a highway and I'll take it).

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you have any trouble on the ice? I don't have any of the hero switches. I live in LA County and currently trying to do more planned off-roading. So far most have been all spontaneous (I see a dirt road off a highway and I'll take it).
Got a little loose once and had the back end swing out on me one. Only other issue was there were a lot of deep large puddles/small ponds that were frozen over & while pushing through the ice it broke the plastic trim bolt cover for the bumper on the drivers side. They want $50 for it so it will stay broke as it broke far too easy & will only happen again :sneaky:.
Always make sure you have a good plan for extraction if you get stuck alone :cool:

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep me posted if you guys plan another big bear trip, I live in LA and have a place up in Big Bear, I just got my Bronco last week so have not been up yet, got it primarily to use up
In Big Bear so looking forward to exploring soon. The snow shut the mountain down before we could get up!

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice, family time is the best. In Florida bald eagles are everywhere. A few months back, I was on my boat fishing a local lake. Out of nowhere I heard to whoosh sound from above me. Now keep in mind I have a line in the water, sitting in my bow seat and I look up. Out of nowhere a bald eagle is hovering above me and my boat, maybe 10' above me. He is slowly hovering to my stern and slowly decends to the water and with his massive talons he grabs a fish a couple inches below the water. Then rises and goes off on his way with a meal. My wife and neighbors ask if I got it on video. I just look at them and say I was awestruck to say the least, grabbing my phone was not in my thought process. You just sit back and admire one of gods greatest creatures in action.

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep me posted if you guys plan another big bear trip, I live in LA and have a place up in Big Bear, I just got my Bronco last week so have not been up yet, got it primarily to use up
In Big Bear so looking forward to exploring soon. The snow shut the mountain down before we could get up!
We'll be going up in June 8-11 for Big Bear Bronco Bash. You can find the details at SoCalBronco's Site.

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Me & my wife took a day trip up to Big Bear down Holcomb Valley to celebrate an early Head & Heart Ache Day đź’ť. It was more ice than snow as it was a warm.
All in all a great day. Saw 2 Bald Eagles when I was driving so no pictures. First time I've ever seen them in flight in the wild so that was really cool to see 🤠 .

Looks like fun. Is there a name to the trail you took? I’m in the high desert and went there once just to play in the snow with the kids before the shit hit the fan up there. But didn’t run any trails.

OP
OP
Felix808

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like fun. Is there a name to the trail you took? I’m in the high desert and went there once just to play in the snow with the kids before the shit hit the fan up there. But didn’t run any trails.
Went up Polique Canyon to Holcomb Valley.
Sponsored