First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been a discount tire customer for years (Costco before that). They converted me once when I got a flat, pulled over because a Discount Tires happened to be there, and they fixed my flat and didn't charge me anything (and they knew I wasn't a customer).

Been with them ever since but I have to say beware... I bought some new rims for my car elsewhere, took them to Discount Tires to have them simply pull my existing tires off and put them on the new rims, and they raked me over the coals so bad I was pissed... Filed a complaint and not a single effort was made to try and keep me as a customer. A frigging discount offer for my next set of tires would have been nice even.... But nothing!

I can't recall the exact numbers but they charged me like $20 each to take the tire off the old rim, then another $20 to put it right back on the new rims, plus some other BS... My out the door was around $200 for just having tires swapped.

And yet I walk in off the street and they will do all that and more to fix a flat and not charge a dime.
Same here. I like to swap tires/wheels back and forth a lot and that is what they charged me the last two times. I thought it was a bit much, but they worked with me on pricing when I let them know. Walmart and Costco wont even touch a tire on your car unless it matches exactly what is on the vehicle nameplate on your door.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any recommendations for companies in Alberta to get knowledgeable services re: wheels and tires?
Appreciate you reaching out @NurseDan

We are U.S.A. company and not familiar with Canadian retailers. You may want to post this question in the Canada regional forum.

Can you start posting up some wheels you sell that will work with our Broncos....
As soon as we have concrete measurements, absolutely! If you have any questions on particular products in the interim though, please shoot us a PM - well make sure you're taken care of!

I've been a discount tire customer for years (Costco before that). They converted me once when I got a flat, pulled over because a Discount Tires happened to be there, and they fixed my flat and didn't charge me anything (and they knew I wasn't a customer).

Been with them ever since but I have to say beware... I bought some new rims for my car elsewhere, took them to Discount Tires to have them simply pull my existing tires off and put them on the new rims, and they raked me over the coals so bad I was pissed... Filed a complaint and not a single effort was made to try and keep me as a customer. A frigging discount offer for my next set of tires would have been nice even.... But nothing!

I can't recall the exact numbers but they charged me like $20 each to take the tire off the old rim, then another $20 to put it right back on the new rims, plus some other BS... My out the door was around $200 for just having tires swapped.

And yet I walk in off the street and they will do all that and more to fix a flat and not charge a dime.
Same here. I like to swap tires/wheels back and forth a lot and that is what they charged me the last two times. I thought it was a bit much. Walmart and Costco wont even touch a tire on your car unless it matches exactly what is on the vehicle nameplate on your door.
Thank you @hemiblas & @da_jokker for your business over the years! We are certainly happy to have you as a customer and glad to hear you were able to use our free flat repair service. Thank you as well for taking the time to share your experience with the change over/s. While we do offer discounted installation rates for product that is purchased at our locations, it sounds like we may have missed the mark with clearly communicating the swap over charges for product brought in. We apologies for the experience

We hope it’s alright that we are sending you a private message.

Last edited:

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate you reaching out @NurseDan

I'm not familiar with Canadian retailers. You may want to post this question in the Canada regional forum.

As soon as we have concrete measurements, absolutely! If you have any questions on particular products in the interim though, please shoot us a PM - well make sure you're taken care of!

Thank you @hemiblas & @da_jokker for your business over the years! We are certainly happy to have you as a customer and glad to hear you were able to use our free flat repair service. Thank you as well for taking the time to share your experience with the change over/s. While we do offer discounted installation rates for product that is purchased at our locations, it sounds like we may have missed the mark with clearly communicating the swap over charges for product brought in. We apologies for the experience

We hope it’s alright that we are sending you a private message.
Thanks for reaching out. I was able to talk to the manager at the time and they were able to do something for me. I'm good to go!!

Last edited:

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ya'll need to have a free set drawing for us bronco6G members :p ;) :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for reaching out. I was able to talk to the manager at the time and they were able to do something for me. I'm good to go!!
I'm glad to hear the manager was able to et you taken care of. Thank you again for the support!

ya'll need to have a free set drawing for us bronco6G members :p ;) :rolleyes:

I appreciate the suggestion! I'll pass this along, you never know!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
thanks for the support
My son works for discount tire about 7 years now. We always buy him.
he has been measuring the bronco and sending info to corporate.

Ford Bronco Hello!!! flare removal

Very cool and congrats on the new ride!

Thank you for your assistance, please extend this to your son for us as well.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

any chance you could make a list of aftermarket wheel options. also perhape a wheel interchangeability guide. it would be great to see some option in colors other tha black, black or black...

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t always buy my tires from Discount Tire, but when I do it’s Discount Tire Direct.

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
any chance you could make a list of aftermarket wheel options. also perhape a wheel interchangeability guide. it would be great to see some option in colors other tha black, black or black...
Absolutely and as wheel fitment information because available we'll be happy to outline options.

I don’t always buy my tires from Discount Tire, but when I do it’s Discount Tire Direct.
Thank you for your support of Discount Tire Direct!

Last edited:

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mounting is the same price whether you buy tires from them or online, and they don't hide the mounting cost in the tire price. I like that. I think that the mounting price (around $100) is fair for road force balance, professional service, and no surprises.

Swap is perhaps double the mount price? They probably should offer a price break on swap, but in generally I am happy with their flat-rate pricing which is a great deal for oversize truck tires.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, thanks. I like Discount Tire and have used them for over 15 years. That is where I recently purchased my Toyo tires for my Bronco.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello, everyone!

We are one of Bronco 6g's newest official sponsors!

First, A little about us...

Discount Tire is America's largest independent wheel and tire retailer. We have over 1,000 locations nationwide and if you don't have a Discount Tire store nearby, the mail order division Discount Tire Direct, is available to help as well. We work very hard to make sure you get the best customer service in the industry and the lowest prices at the bottom line!

There will be three of us messaging here: Don, Doug and I (Matt).

We're excited to be a part of the community and we look forward to having some fun here on the site! We're guys just like you, we just happen to sell wheels and tires. If we can help you in any way please let us know - we're here to help!

We'll see you on the boards!
How much trade in would we get for all 5 tires of 255/75r17 same day as received?

OP
OP
Discount Tire

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cool, thanks. I like Discount Tire and have used them for over 15 years. That is where I recently purchased my Toyo tires for my Bronco.
Thank you for your continued support over the years Greg, we greatly appreciate it!

How much trade in would we get for all 5 tires of 255/75r17 same day as received?
Hi Randy,

Our stores will sometimes offer trade-in credit on tires. This is handled at a store level so you would need to work with your local store directly to see what they may be able to do.

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello, everyone!

We are one of Bronco 6g's newest official sponsors!

First, A little about us...

Discount Tire is America's largest independent wheel and tire retailer. We have over 1,000 locations nationwide and if you don't have a Discount Tire store nearby, the mail order division Discount Tire Direct, is available to help as well. We work very hard to make sure you get the best customer service in the industry and the lowest prices at the bottom line!

There will be three of us messaging here: Don, Doug and I (Matt).

We're excited to be a part of the community and we look forward to having some fun here on the site! We're guys just like you, we just happen to sell wheels and tires. If we can help you in any way please let us know - we're here to help!

We'll see you on the boards!
Your stores in Orange Park, Florida and the one on 103rd Jax, Florida have taken amazing care of me (with my old Bronco) and my parents. Will gladly be a customer with my new Bronco😁
Sponsored

Last edited: