Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I took my roof off last night and seem to have scratched my paint a little. I tried rubbing it out with a microfiber towel but don't own anything to get the rest off, what should i buy!?

Ford Bronco HELP! Scratched my paint a little 291740749_1213744949438948_8381301800272259352_n
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How deep is the scratch? Run your fingernail over it. It might just be a surface mark that you could rub out - There's lots of scratch repair compounds on the market. Google is your friend (i.e. - Scratch Doctor is one). If it's deeper, you may need to use some touch-up paint, which you can get from the dealership's parts department.

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My touch up paint was $25 with tax from dealer for cyber orange. they had to order directly from Dupont.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Doesn't look like you got through to primer, start with a compound or even a polish first.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Scratch doctor perfect for small surface scratches.

2-3 applications should do it. I recommend taping off your top so you don't get any on there, it's a pain to get it off, ask me how I know....

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that looks like it's just on the surface, just a scuff mark - use a little bit of polishing compound (not rubbing compound) and it'll probably come right off.. if not- try rubbing compound - but after you use rubbing compound, you'll need to go back over it with polishing compound (rubbing is more abrasive, and will leave microscratches, which can be removed with polishing compound)

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took my roof off last night and seem to have scratched my paint a little. I tried rubbing it out with a microfiber towel but don't own anything to get the rest off, what should i buy!?

Ford Bronco HELP! Scratched my paint a little 291740749_1213744949438948_8381301800272259352_n
I agree with trying compound and polish first. Although do not get a paint pen and attempt that. It will never match. I had/have a scratch and thought about doing a paint pen. I watched this video:

It gave me confidence to do it but ehh I decided to wait a little while for more scratches and I'll get it painted. (I went with the polish and compound route) In the video he does a really good job at explaining how paint scratches and what you see in the scratch also as well as common issues with inexperienced folks do.

Deleted member 3063

you're likely to cut through your clear coat. if so plan on spraying on some clear and then polishing that. much easier to blend clear than color. don't skimp on the clear $$
Sponsored