Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As the title suggests...I am completely lost. First I must warn, I am completely computer illiterate. That being said, I realize in order to change any settings with forscan, it must be used with windows program. I bought the OBDlink EX and the MX. I downloaded the crossover app for mac users. I uploaded forscan into it. I was able to upload the OBD app to my iPhone but realized that was not what I needed. I have to change my tire size and of course want to add a few more things. I can not get my mac computer to recognize/find/or connect to bluetooth to either OBDlinks. I have tried to upload a driver for the EX and it automatically goes to the crossover app. I think I extracted it correctly, honestly no clue. Then went and uploaded firmware. Its not working out so well. Can anyone either point to a youtube video for step by step instructions on how to set all this up for either or both. Or just tell me a step by step instructions and really dumb it down. (I am blonde and female) ;) I really don't want to buy another computer right now. I'm ready to set it all on fire I am so frustrated.
Sponsored

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I did that was frustrating me forever. Forscan does not automatically connect when you have the link plugged in. You have to click connect on the bottom of Forscan.

OP
OP
eareyer77

eareyer77

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One thing I did that was frustrating me forever. Forscan does not automatically connect when you have the link plugged in. You have to click connect on the bottom of Forscan.
Yeah, I figured that out quickly but seriously, why in the world would this not all be a plug and play type? The answer is more then likely money and try to detour people from doing this kind of thing except through them.

OP
OP
eareyer77

eareyer77

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As the title suggests...I am completely lost. First I must warn, I am completely computer illiterate. That being said, I realize in order to change any settings with forscan, it must be used with windows program. I bought the OBDlink EX and the MX. I downloaded the crossover app for mac users. I uploaded forscan into it. I was able to upload the OBD app to my iPhone but realized that was not what I needed. I have to change my tire size and of course want to add a few more things. I can not get my mac computer to recognize/find/or connect to bluetooth to either OBDlinks. I have tried to upload a driver for the EX and it automatically goes to the crossover app. I think I extracted it correctly, honestly no clue. Then went and uploaded firmware. Its not working out so well. Can anyone either point to a youtube video for step by step instructions on how to set all this up for either or both. Or just tell me a step by step instructions and really dumb it down. (I am blonde and female) ;) I really don't want to buy another computer right now. I'm ready to set it all on fire I am so frustrated.
Dude, I am a Mac diehard, but sometimes you just gotta break down and use Windoze. Go to ebay and buy something like this:

Dell Laptop

104$ and just be done with it.

Or, you can try one of these.

List of OBD software for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Macintosh OS X Software
There arenā€™t as many titles available for the Macintosh, but these will get you started:

EOBD-Facile
The people that brought us the iOS version of EOBD-Facile now offer a Mac OSX version. The free download allows you to read trouble codes, while the paid version offers full functionality. See the Outils OBD Facile YouTube page for additional info.

goSerial
Andreas Mayer offers a great little program for directly ā€˜talkingā€™ to your ELM327 circuit. Itā€™s donation-ware, so if you like it, consider sending something his way.

Movi and Movi Pro
Only for the Mac, there are two versions of this software. The standard version provides all the basic OBD functions, while Movi Pro adds more bells and whistles. If you just want to try it out, the download will operate in demo mode.

OBD Auto Doctor
OBD Auto Doctor is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.

OBD GPS Logger
Useful for logging both GPS and OBD data, if you should wish to compare vehicle data and location. Exports data in a few useful ways. Available for Mac OSX and Linux.

LapLogger
LapLogger.com offers software and interface packages for a variety of platforms.

ZTerm
Dave Alverson provides terminal software too. Even though the site does not say so, we have had no trouble using it with Mavericks.

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just successfully did it on mine last night using this video. You are just missing the step of getting it to recognize the USB in the crossover. I have never done anything like this with computers and was able to figure it out with this video. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
eareyer77

eareyer77

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I eventually broke d
Dude, I am a Mac diehard, but sometimes you just gotta break down and use Windoze. Go to ebay and buy something like this:

Dell Laptop

104$ and just be done with it.

Or, you can try one of these.

List of OBD software for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Macintosh OS X Software
There arenā€™t as many titles available for the Macintosh, but these will get you started:

EOBD-Facile
The people that brought us the iOS version of EOBD-Facile now offer a Mac OSX version. The free download allows you to read trouble codes, while the paid version offers full functionality. See the Outils OBD Facile YouTube page for additional info.

goSerial
Andreas Mayer offers a great little program for directly ā€˜talkingā€™ to your ELM327 circuit. Itā€™s donation-ware, so if you like it, consider sending something his way.

Movi and Movi Pro
Only for the Mac, there are two versions of this software. The standard version provides all the basic OBD functions, while Movi Pro adds more bells and whistles. If you just want to try it out, the download will operate in demo mode.

OBD Auto Doctor
OBD Auto Doctor is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.

OBD GPS Logger
Useful for logging both GPS and OBD data, if you should wish to compare vehicle data and location. Exports data in a few useful ways. Available for Mac OSX and Linux.

LapLogger
LapLogger.com offers software and interface packages for a variety of platforms.

ZTerm
Dave Alverson provides terminal software too. Even though the site does not say so, we have had no trouble using it with Mavericks.
I eventually broke down and bought a new computer and got everything done. I also bought a two year best buy account that includes the geek squad and will be having them set it up on the Mac since the software is halfway completed. I have decided Mac is completely useless and I will never buy another lol.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to download / update the driver in Windows VM device manager (COM3). Once I did this, my VM was able to connect up just fine.
Sponsored