First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F150 Limited, '19 CVO Roadglide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those that have the "Powers That Be" ears, is there any way possible to find out who (if it is outside of Ford) created the Saddle interior for the CO 2Dr?

I'd like to get with them to see if they can offer it as a "kit" ... send all the pieces required and I will put them in. I've done interiors in the past so ability isn't an issue.

If the interior was done in-house at Ford, and we know we can't get it as an option, maybe it could be added as a factory accessory? Ford can sell the pieces(much like Katzkin) and purchaser is on the hook for installation (self-install or find their own shop).

Seems a shame to have all that work die with
the promo 2DR .... the patterns are 90% of the work and that has already been done.

Anyone? ... Anyone? ... Bueler? ... Bueler? ...
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

TeamRJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lear used to be a seat supplier to Ford. Not sure if they still are and no idea if they were on the Bronco project. https://www.lear.com/
Thanks ... I have a call into them but the guy is out til Monday.
I'll post up if anything gains traction.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Katzkin has an online configurator, give them time for the Bronco specifics but you can go in there now and pick whatever make/model and come up with something pretty close.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TeamRJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Katzkin has an online configurator, give them time for the Bronco specifics but you can go in there now and pick whatever make/model and come up with something pretty close.
I posted this in another thread asking for it to be an option

I placed a call to Katzkin to see if they would be on board with producing this as a kit. Left a VM for the sales manager and never got a return call.

Katzkin is a great company but I doubt they will be able to recreate this interior. As far as I know, they do not make door panels, steering wheel covers, console lids, etc. They also only make kits in their stock palette of colors (none of which match the saddle).

I also spoke with Leatherseats.com and their Sales Manager said the numbers weren’t there for them to make it a viable investment.

Looks like custom is the only option if you want the full interior treatment.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I placed a call to Katzkin to see if they would be on board with producing this as a kit. Left a VM for the sales manager and never got a return call.

Katzkin is a great company but I doubt they will be able to recreate this interior. As far as I know, they do not make door panels, steering wheel covers, console lids, etc. They also only make kits in their stock palette of colors (none of which match the saddle).

I also spoke with Leatherseats.com and their Sales Manager said the numbers weren’t there for them to make it a viable investment.

I guess I didn't read your original post correctly, apologies. Yes, if you're wanting it exactly like what was shown then prepare to either reach out to Ford and see if they'll let you know the name of the shop that created it or find a local shop that can custom make it down to the color, stitching, etc. based on the photos and don't forget to bring your checkbook.

OP
OP

TeamRJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
... and don't forget to bring your checkbook.
That is relative my friend.
Katzkin aint exactly CHEAP.

If I'm going to do it .. I will do it to my satisfaction or I will stay on the porch.
Just sayin ...

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so knowing just a bit about leather from my last hobby

The leather used is whats called "aniline" leather. Its extreme premium animal leather (usually cow) that is cut to pattern. Meaning only nice grains are chosen. If you get raw leather alot of the time there could be scars from the animals life or other imperfections. You cant put something like that in a vehicle because it would look obvious and unaesthetic.

This looks like left over king ranch leather that ford had laying around for the concept.

You could do this but you would have to figure out exactly how ford sourced the king ranch leather and go from there.

The problem with this leather is because its not dyed , it will soak up oil and other things. And since its on the head rests , your hair oil , over time , will make it look like shit.

and so will a variety of clothes that will rub their dye off on the skin

I was a big fan of this trim when i saw the concept but unless they can get a synthetic that looks that good , it will be a nightmare to take care of

pic related. King ranch after some "wear"

Ford Bronco HELP!! - Source for the Saddle "One-Off" Interior king ranch

Sponsored
OP
OP

TeamRJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah ... I was at the dealer the other day and they had a KR on the lot.
The leather in that model looked more red than the one in the Bronco or the one pictured above.
I know lighting has a LOT to do with it, but the leather itself looks different:

Odds are that the one-off Ford did cam from a shop, and that shop uses leather meant for interiors. I'm still researching.

I'll post whatever I find out ...

10.jpg

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX Launch 1970 f100 2021 Bronco FE 4door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I actually did reach out and make contact with katskin, the manager and the person in charge of "new interior designs"... Honestly the guy was a real dingleberry. He gave me a real snobby attitude about how there's no way I'll ever be able to get a Bronco and they are going to source their own broncos when the time comes everything is done in-house on their own schedule... If I remember correctly he also seemed kind of surprised I was able to get transferred to him. 😎
Sponsored