Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

So I ordered some accessories from a Ford dealer online (prices were a bit lower than Ford direct) and when they arrived, it had a free bottle of SPF protectant spray that is vinyl safe - Texumbra SPF 40 for Fabric. I finally got around to giving it a try as it heats up and my doors/roof are off more than they’re on. Figured it was free and came from a dealer so it had to be a good call.

Well. You know how just about every coating every made always says “test in a small inconspicuous area before applying elsewhere”? Guess I should’ve taken that approach this time.

My seats are now overly shiny, which I don’t necessarily hate in a vacuum, but preferred the MGV factory look, and they are LOUD. Like squeaky loud as I get in out or move around. I hate it. It makes the whole feel of it seem super cheap.

any recommendations on how to remove? Is it as simple as mild dish soap and water with a towel? Another technique? Am I screwed until it eventually wears off? (It said to reapply every 4-6 months so I definitely have some waiting time if that the case)

Product/Culprit:
Ford Bronco HELP: SPF spray on MGV Seats 4B6A50E2-E110-4B0B-846D-214A251DDDCC

Shiny seats:
Ford Bronco HELP: SPF spray on MGV Seats 79A820F7-6C78-4959-B6C7-DE00FC43CBFD
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d honestly start with warm water and a damp cloth. Then wipe dry. You’d be amazed how much simple water can remove…

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pressure cleaner

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally think they look great that way.

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thought this was going to be similar to when my parents put some sunblock spray on us in ‘85 and it took the color off our vinyl seats in the Malibu. (Ended up on the back of our legs).

No I would start with water like someone said. I actually like it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’ll probably get better over time and use

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you wanted something good to use the best in my opinion is the aero space 303 protectant in the white bottle it’s used for marine grade leather boat seats I used it on my seats and it works great it’s also safe and good to use on the plastics too Amazon has it

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you wanted something good to use the best in my opinion is the aero space 303 protectant in the white bottle it’s used for marine grade leather boat seats I used it on my seats and it works great it’s also safe and good to use on the plastics too Amazon has it
I love this stuff too. It's great- I have used it on seats, vinyl soft tops on boats and vehicles. Do you think it would be OK to use on the MIC top?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love this stuff too. It's great- I have used it on seats, vinyl soft tops on boats and vehicles. Do you think it would be OK to use on the MIC top?
I use the aerospace 303 in the blue bottle for the mic top and fenders works great I think you could use the 303 white bottle on the top too it says it’s safe for plastic too. It’s just the blue bottle is geared towards plastic and rubber more

Sponsored
OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
does it make the seats loud? The shininess isn’t the end of the world, but my goodness is it ANNOYING the sheer volume that comes from my butt against the seats now lol

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any recommendations on how to remove? Is it as simple as mild dish soap and water with a towel? Another technique? Am I screwed until it eventually wears off? (It said to reapply every 4-6 months so I definitely have some waiting time if that the case)
What does the BACK of the bottle say about application/removal?

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does the BACK of the bottle say about application/removal?
Absolutely nothing on removal. Yes I am sharp enough to have checked that already.